Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would bet a million dollars that if the stock price was at $500 per share right now everyone would be nicer to each other. So can we fake like it is until it hits $500, or $900, or $2000 per share? I have only been following this forum for about 5 months and love it.

If today was my first day reading posts on this forum I would swear I accidentally logged into TeslaQ.com.

Politics, religion, what country you are from, etc. doesn't change the fact that we are all here to help each other and we are all human beings. I have learned a ton from all of you. How many of you sent me a bill? None... which is unbelievable. I feel so lucky to have access to such an extraordinary talent pool of knowledge in one place.
Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Let's not attack each other. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing and making your point why your opinion differs.
However taking shots at anyone's character or beliefs seems too personal and should stay in the cesspool of the internet outside of Tmc.

This rant does not apply to the people trolling in this forum. To those people
I genuinely feel bad for you. Seek help from maybe a doctor.
Just leave the doctor's here alone, unless you are prepared to stroke them a check.
Which they will use to buy shares of ........

I would bet a million dollars that if the stock price was at $500 per share right now everyone would be nicer to each other. So can we fake like it is until it hits $500, or $900, or $2000 per share? I have only been following this forum for about 5 months and love it.

If today was my first day reading posts on this forum I would swear I accidentally logged into TeslaQ.com.

Politics, religion, what country you are from, etc. doesn't change the fact that we are all here to help each other and we are all human beings. I have learned a ton from all of you. How many of you sent me a bill? None... which is unbelievable. I feel so lucky to have access to such an extraordinary talent pool of knowledge in one place.
Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Let's not attack each other. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing and making your point why your opinion differs.
However taking shots at anyone's character or beliefs seems too personal and should stay in the cesspool of the internet outside of Tmc.

This rant does not apply to the people trolling in this forum. To those people
I genuinely feel bad for you. Seek help from maybe a doctor.
Just leave the doctor's here alone, unless you are prepared to stroke them a check.
Which they will use to buy shares of ........

I think many people are frustrated by what is happening with TSLA, and sometimes vent that frustration here.

I like the part where you skipped the point about overperformance like i said you would because you couldn't explain it. Nor did it fit your narrative. Then you proceeded to fill the rest of your reply with your own opinions, 0 proof.

Speaking of opinions, I'll tell you about my TSLA stock sales when you tell me why you are short the stock and why you are loaded up on puts.

You mean the part where the stock was performing without any influence from talk of interest rate hikes and all that jazz. Nope, I can't explain how that would affect a stock. Never has before.

All that influx of spending from nowhere as a result of Covid which led to instability in the economy, which, because the economy is fiat-based, must have adjustments made by people who only hope they will get it right this time.

Nope, sure couldn't offer any explanation about how a stock can fly when interest rates are low and money is abundant. Not a clue.

Perhaps it was because of something Elon tweeted. That was probably the reason then, as it seems to be now.

/S

Last edited:
I'm going to make an observation about this thread in recent times:

Emotions are running high, both for the fanatic defenders AND for the disgruntled investors. Obviously the SP is way down right now, that fact is undeniable. Whether it's due to macros only, or whether Elon's behavior and actions have had a negative impact, I think we can all agree the stock is down hugely.

With that in mind, do we need to be attacking each other right now?

Some people want to sell their shares while others are buying the chasm. Both choices are okay, let people invest the way they want to, these are scary times in the market. But I also see posters calling out other posters, some threatening to "take names" and "make lists". Some asking for Elon to step down while others defend him like he's family. Some stating Elon is terrible while they've made huge amounts of money due to him.

Can't we all simply respect each other's differing opinions?

It's okay to think differently than others do. Everyone is unique and their own person. Why do some feel threatened or personally hurt by anyone taking issue with Elon in any way? Can't we disagree politely rather than aggressively attack one another?

I feel like this thread is devolving into a hate forum, and I don't like that.
I’ve said it before, everyone can have their say and I’ve got no problem with that. None. What I do have a problem with is the incessant, repetitive, pile on of Elon is crazy, unhinged, he needs to be removed, BoD is sleeping at the wheel, etc…

The very moment those people (and they know who they, but yes, I’ll name them if needs be) stop behaving in a manner as atrocious that they’re accusing Elon of is the moment I’ll stop being critical of their behavior.

Those people are passing their opinions off as facts. Elon is ruining the brand. Everyone says this, says that. It’s all poop. But even worse, they are quite literally saying it HUNDREDS of times. There is no need to repeat oneself day after day after day for weeks on end. It’s as though they want to incite discourse.

We get it. They’re not happy and they don’t want to do anything about it but shout down at the rest of us who are focussed on the COMPANY and our investment in said COMPANY.

Additionally, I’m the most sarcastic person on the planet. Read my posts as such and then you don’t have to misconstrue anything as a ‘threat’.

You mean the part where the stock was performing without any influence from talk of interest rate hikes, and all that jazz. Nope, I can't explain how that would affect a stock. Never has before.

All that influx of spending from nowhere as a result of Covid which led to instability in the economy, which, because the economy is fiat-based, must have adjustments made by people who only hope they will get it right this time.

Nope, sure couldn't offer any explanation about how a stock can fly when interest rates are low and money is abundant. Not a clue.

Perhaps it was because of something Elon tweeted. That was probably the reason then, as it seems to be now.

/S
Now that I think of it, that time I had a flat tire in my P3D. Totally EM’s fault and couldn’t possibly be road debris.

I feel vindicated now!

I’m confused. I thought Troy said demand in China was soft. Now he’s saying they are updating production lines, presumably to increase output.

Can we stop with this nonsense? Please.

Tesla China has responded TWICE now that the Reuters claims of a 20% production reduction and then the last week of the month shutdown were FALSE.

False.

I repeat false.

False.

You mean the part where the stock was performing without any influence from talk of interest rate hikes, and all that jazz. Nope, I can't explain how that would affect a stock. Never has before.

/S
Yes that period. Where are the people manipulating the price and writing the FUD articles, were they just taking a vacation? You seem to be in the boat that this drop in price is due to Macro + FUD hit pieces. My point was there was a long period of outperformance and the FUD Hit pieces did nothing. Now the macro is looking to turn positive again (short term) and you are to make out to us that the FUD hit pieces are the cause for TSLA underperforming. Am I correct in understanding your point? Elon is great, FUD is moving the stock?

I honestly believe that is incorrect, and no just because I believe that does not mean I'm selling all my stock and kicking up a fuss. I want a full time CEO working at the company I invested in so he can continue to make improvements on the company. Not go on auto pilot while the manufacturing ramps up, only to run out of places to sell their vehicles so they have to drop prices. That is not a win to me.

So, there's still a chance then? 🤔
3DA5155D-3E14-477D-A4D2-F5DAFE8017F3.jpeg

Yes that period. Where are the people manipulating the price and writing the FUD articles, were they just taking a vacation? You seem to be in the boat that this drop in price is due to Macro + FUD hit pieces. My point was there was a long period of outperformance and the FUD Hit pieces did nothing. Now the macro is looking to turn positive again (short term) and you are to make out to us that the FUD hit pieces are the cause for TSLA underperforming. Am I correct in understanding your point? Elon is great, FUD is moving the stock?

I honestly believe that is incorrect, and no just because I believe that does not mean I'm selling all my stock and kicking up a fuss. I want a full time CEO working at the company I invested in so he can continue to make improvements on the company. Not go on auto pilot while the manufacturing ramps up, only to run out of places to sell their vehicles so they have to drop prices. That is not a win to me.
No. You are not correct in understanding my point.

Thank you for playing.
Now, we'll hear from Jay Stewart about your parting gift.

Last edited:
You did not do your research, sir. He has NEVER been a full time CEO at Tesla. Like, ever. He has ALWAYS split his time between his companies according to what he felt each company needed from him. That’s been going on for TWENTY years.

IF Tesla needs him, he’ll show up and sleep on the factory floor or help rewrite code from scratch and camp on a factory roof.

He literally just said on The Bird site that currently Tesla is doing well without him needing to spend a lot of time there because the people in charge are doing a great job.

So, I advise you do sell your shares because you invested in the wrong company - CEO dynamics.

IMO the unique parts of Tesla are, the product designs, product efficiency, manufacturing efficiency and cost control - let call that "the goose that lays the golden egg".

Elon isn't the whole goose, but he seems to be a vital part of the goose - I personally don't want to risk anything bad happening to the goose.

I don't care whether Elon has the title of CEO, and he probably doesn't care.

We could have a garden variety CEO running the business, but let's not pretend that that garden variety CEO can do what Elon can do.

I understand a lot of the frustration, but what I really care about is the goose and only the goose.

Because if a company makes great products for a good price, someone will want to buy them

The goose is the solution to the mission, and the future trajectory of the company,

Last edited: