Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a pathetic rally off of what was supposedly the biggest overhang on the stock 🥴.

Volume is also drying up quickly. Seems pretty clear 150 is not the bottom.
Not sure people realize, but there is nothing rational about TSLA stock price movements. There is a very clear war between TSLA bulls and bears. Bears have been firmly in control of price for most of 2022. Shorts will continue to do everything possible, with or without FUD to temporarily drop TSLA's price down to irrationally low levels through 2023 or 2024. As I write this, TSLA is hitting new 2yr lows of $148.47. Am I selling my shares? Hell, no! If I sell it will be for Tesla fundamental changes, not this short-selling crap.

Elon listened to the share holders when the 420 funding secured happened. Those that believed in him petitioned hard against the going private. They did not want to get forced out of the stock.

Quite a few long time supporters who were believers and invested from the very beginning are now retired and depend on their TSLA portfolio as the main source of retirement income. Like Elon, many use this wealth to fund projects and initiatives that do good to the world.

They are hurting and may be forced out of the stock. A nail biter, every morning nervously looking what the stock will be doing that day and wonder what part of their plans they may have to put on hold or scrap—it’s not the kind of retirement they had in mind.

I hope he remembers his early supporters.

The real overhang is the perceived brand damage. Will take time for that to shake out.

ACTUAL damage? Not that significant. It would realistically take a lot more than Elon's twitter posts before I would switch to another EV brand.

Perception (not reality) is all that is needed however to annihilate the stock.

That is simply not Elon's mindset. My son went to the school that Elon founded and was peers with his kids for a year. Once his kids graduated, Elon pulled support and washed his hands of the school as they no longer served a purpose to him.

All is disposable to Elon because the "mission" is what matters.

Last edited:
Oh thank God, there is hope of a turnaround for our stock yet!!!! :D

I wonder how hard the MM's will try to keep it down? Will they be happy with achieving the 150's or will they go for lower yet?
And the answer is...!

1671464693267.png

This overhang is not enough. When Elon is not on the front page of every newspaper everyday.. When Elon is not the butt of jokes on every nighttime TV show. When he stops messaging about his right wing conspiracy theories. Only then will the public pay attention to what a great company he has built and the market will again reward shareholders.
In the long run, share price follows earnings.

The real overhang is the perceived brand damage. Will take time for that to shake out.
Just have to wait until we get actual data. If the P/D numbers aren’t either A) An epic blowout of 450k+ or B) There’s some commentary from Tesla on the P/D report that states demand is still strong, then I expect the stock to continue to be beaten down until Q4 earnings

Last edited:
3) The early S/X had bad built quality. Lets not pretend otherwise. This seems way better now, especially China/Berlin built. That also unlocks higher demand.
My early 2013 S85 had very good build quality. It's more correct to say that some early S/X had some build quality issues. My opinion is that only the minority had quality issues because all the S I saw around that time (in the Tesla Club) didn't have issues.

Elon listened to the share holders when the 420 funding secured happened. Those that believed in him petitioned hard against the going private. They did not want to get forced out of the stock.

Quite a few long time supporters who were believers and invested from the very beginning are now retired and depend on their TSLA portfolio as the main source of retirement income. Like Elon, many use this wealth to fund projects and initiatives that do good to the world.

They are hurting and may be forced out of the stock. A nail biter, every morning nervously looking what the stock will be doing that day and wonder what part of their plans they may have to put on hold or scrap—it’s not the kind of retirement they had in mind.

Yeah, I could be retired now if I sold my TSLA stock at ~$400/share. Looks like I'll have to continue clocking in until the next bull run at the soonest :(

Further evidence the legacy OEMs know just how far behind they are.

A First Principles thinking approach would be to put that Ad budget into R&D and building infrastructure to actually create the product.

Using No Principles thinking, they figure if they spend enough on ads now that they will get bailed out later to fund the R&D and production line.
You should start selling ads!

I have heard Twitter always hires good sales personell!:)

Not sure if this is OT or related but it is curious to me that E.M. was at the World Cup final in Qatar...

Not one to waste the time (in the air) or during the game usually that is unless he is over there already for something.....

What would that something be? Possibly getting equity investors signed up from Sovereign Wealth Funds and High Net worth individuals?

I would be willing to bet (not really) that the trip to the middle east was a trip that was for business but just happened to coincide with the final game for some down time.

Lot's of wealthy people travelled there to the game and we already saw E.M. talking with the President of Turkey, would be very surprised if there wasn't more going on.

Thoughts?

What a pathetic rally off of what was supposedly the biggest overhang on the stock 🥴.

Volume is also drying up quickly. Seems pretty clear 150 is not the bottom.

"Supposedly" being the key word here.

It always seemed to me that the ones in a steady uproar over the "overhang" weren't the same people making major stock buying decisions. This action may support how the media and care bear fracas over it wasn't actually impactful to most buyers/sellers of the stock after all.

Not sure if this is OT or related but it is curious to me that E.M. was at the World Cup final in Qatar...

Not one to waste the time (in the air) or during the game usually that is unless he is over there already for something.....

What would that something be? Possibly getting equity investors signed up from Sovereign Wealth Funds and High Net worth individuals?

I would be willing to bet (not really) that the trip to the middle east was a trip that was for business but just happened to coincide with the final game for some down time.

Lot's of wealthy people travelled there to the game and we already saw E.M. talking with the President of Turkey, would be very surprised if there wasn't more going on.

Thoughts?
The royal box was quite the place to hobnob……..

had this thought - maybe set up for more IRA monies ;)

Apply for IRA with proof that you have a business - say you have the ads but not the product(yet) ;)

+btw, I would have expected GE to be in the energy business, not GM. Shows how batteries and battery knowhow is disrupting status-co
Oh, I guess you might not have Google:
battery-energy-storage
No desire to be snarky. GE has been in battery storage for a long, long time.
I installed some GE batteries in a solar deployment back in 1990, at that time their batteries were truly industrial scale lead acid. They and AT&T both produce gigantic lead acid cells used mostly in remote telecomm sites. I bought the batteries used. They still operate.