Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly, the future is hydrogen! I've done extensive research and found that hydrogen is considered the best, most efficient fuel for the future of mobility.

Nearly every scientist and engineer agree, it is the lightest substance ever! And, it is in water! WOW, let's go! /s

Reuters: Stellantis in talks to buy 'substantial' stake in hydrogen mobility company Symbio.

"Chief Executive Carlos Tavares said Symbio's technical roadmap "perfectly" matched with Stellantis hydrogen roll-out plans in Europe and in the U.S"
There's a push for H2 long distance trucking in Europe 🇪🇺. The big EU energy firms are all in the process of building large scale electrolysers. Unfortunately it's going to be horribly expensive as the cost of electricity drives the cost of H2. And electricity is very pricey at the moment.

Batteries will win out in the long run but there will probably be another 5-10 years where fuel cell long distance trucks are purchased and operated at high cost as an attempt to get away from diesel while ev trucks continue to improve range, cost and availability.

Cleanerwatt has a recent video discussing the Tesla semi in Europe where the lack of a cab-over model will cause some issues due to the length of the semi. However given the size of the market and the fact that Tesla will only produce 50k a year, it's unlikely that Tesla will run out of demand for the semi for years to come. And if it does limit demand I'm sure Tesla will create a cab-over model in due course, even if it does sacrifice aero.

Cleanerwatt has a recent video discussing the Tesla semi in Europe where the lack of a cab-over model will cause some issues due to the length of the semi. However given the size of the market and the fact that Tesla will only produce 50k a year, it's unlikely that Tesla will run out of demand for the semi for years to come. And if it does limit demand I'm sure Tesla will create a cab-over model in due course, even if it does sacrifice aero.

I saw that too, and I think that’s going to be less of a problem than we think.

“Road Trains” have been a common sight on Dutch highways for a couple of years as part of an experiment to allow longer and thus more economical combinations on the road.
These road trains are more than 25 meters long.

The exact dimensions of the Semi are still unknown but my guess is that it’s about 1 metre longer than standard European. There is a new rule that allows for longer cabs because of aerodynamic measures:

I’m trying to make some sense of all the rules and regulations but again, I’m hopeful the Tesla Semi can qualify under these new regulations.

According to vesselfinder the Hoegh Trove is now docked in Zeebrugge. The Hoegh Shanghai is still just outside Zeebrugge waiting to enter the harbour (just like dozens of other ships).
Wow, no kidding!

Attachments

• B9B51C39-FBBA-47A1-8185-2B068E0D1A1F.jpeg
    B9B51C39-FBBA-47A1-8185-2B068E0D1A1F.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 110
TSLA's down ~69% for YTD. That's the bottom, right?

77 enough or should I stretch for 88?
I’m not convinced. This crazy price activity could easily bring more downside.

I‘d rather wait for $100 or lower. Percentage gains from there should be huge once recovery sets in (assuming the company is still in good shape).
A pop from here could easily fizzle with only limited upside potential in the short term.

Happy to be dead wrong. It just means I’m holding some cash rather than turning It into shares that could drop another 30-40% (insert random number here!).

Clearly, the future is hydrogen! I've done extensive research and found that hydrogen is considered the best, most efficient fuel for the future of mobility.

Nearly every scientist and engineer agree, it is the lightest substance ever! And, it is in water! WOW, let's go! /s

Reuters: Stellantis in talks to buy 'substantial' stake in hydrogen mobility company Symbio.

"Chief Executive Carlos Tavares said Symbio's technical roadmap "perfectly" matched with Stellantis hydrogen roll-out plans in Europe and in the U.S"
We desperately need a rolleyes reaction thingy.

To add some more data to those trying to work out the potential for tesla energy re:battery storage. This is an area I know well, and am on the cusp of orderinga relatively small 500kwh stationary battery to make money from energy arbitrage.
Take a look at this chart for energy production in GWH in the UK over the last month:

View attachment 888566

What matters here is the blue, which is wind energy. We in the UK have a LOT of wind power, but its SUPER variable. On some days we have a crazy amount, on other days, it can drop to almost zero. Wider deployment will calm this a bit, but me are mostly building *more* in the same coastline, so the total deployed size will rise, but there will still be huge variability.
Right now we cannot go gas-free (purple) on ANY days, but that time is coming fast, as wind deployment is going bananas here. That means we are going to be very soon in the position where it would make sense so be able to time-shift 10-20 GWH production levels by a whole day.
Thats a LOT of megapacks (say 24 hours at just 10GW surplus, so 240 GWH simply for the UK, just to time shift by a single day.

Now scale that up to most of Europe.
I would be really interested to hear how you get on with this. Any chance of starting a thread?

it’s something I’ve been looking into myself but struggle to make the numbers work with sufficiently low downside risk.

Speaking of which, anyone watched "The Glass Onion" yet. There is a hydrogen tie-in, and a crazy billionaire as well.

Good flick, that makes a concise statement about just why Hydrogen is a poor choice for energy use. Enjoy!

This kind of repricing is actually pretty normal in the current macro environment, especially for a company that is sensitive to interest rates. That said, Tesla is such an exceptional company it probably should have been spared 20% of the drop ad stopped at $150. It also should have taken longer to get to decline to $150 if Tesla were not under organized attack, narratives that people actually believed were true.

False narratives endlessly repeated about stupid things like the end of Tesla demand, Elon margin calls, a crazed absentee CEO, and other amplified FUD that's endlessly repeated. Tesla has always been under attack, but the attacks lost their effectiveness when Tesla and TSLA were killing it, that caused TSLA detractors to go into hibernation and wait for more productive times. They waited for an opportune moment (recession and re-pricing of all stocks) to re-ramp up their shameless FUD. The detractors are back with a vengeance, and people are being paid and incentivized to propagate it at high volume, repetitively. Elon has not changed, but the narrative that he's unhinged has multiplied and the volume has been turned to "11". This is only a problem if the fake narratives are re-enforced instead of being called out.

What's shocking to me is how many people here, with so much more information at their disposal, fell for such transparent BS, hook, line and sinker. Utterly inexcusable for people who should know better about how the financial and business worlds function. Buying into these artificially amplified narratives actually helps the narratives spread and multiply and be taken seriously by people who don't know nearly as much. Instead, they should be nipped in the bud with short, concise, direct rebuttals.
Elon has not changed? To paraphrase "when Harry met Sally", I'll have what you're having.