Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will be fine. It is a company with the sole purpose of packaging batteries into a product to sale. The demand is unlimited and Tesla will just push out another product that will cause more battery sales.

Remember there's only one metric to look for when it comes to revenue, how much TONNAGE is Tesla moving in the form of batteries with a useful shell(car, megapacks, robots, whatever). Their revenue growth slows when the tonnage slows, however in this transition we are at 0.001% of total world's need. Don't panic, stay the course. It's a spectacle for sure.

Think he is talking about himself. Others tell him not to be the clown on the clown car, clown car being twitter. And he said it's too late.
Everyone must wonder what that is about.

This is the first public indication that I have seen from EM where he shows some sort of regret and perhaps some empathy for the investors getting trashed.

Or he did enough damage to the

Or the analogy that he did enough damage to the brand that it became a joke and it´s irreversible they have to separate him.
"The clown car" the obvious choice is Tesla, do we agree here?
Why would Musk consider Tesla as a clown car? Only Tesla haters consider a Tesla a clown car. Is Musk a Tesla hater?

It's much more appropriate for him to think of Twitter as a clown car and he has made fun of Twitter being a bot infested cluster F for sometime now. And it's pretty obvious he clowns around on Twitter. When has Musk clowned around when it comes to Tesla duties?(okay I'll give you fart mode).

I know it’s early, but here are my predictions for the Q4 earnings call.
  • Tesla Energy causes a lot of analysts to blow a gasket.
  • China demand concerns persist.
  • Auto production misses the mark, but deliveries are fine due to the huge inventory at the end of last quarter.
  • Tesla board announces their next 2:1 split.
I’m sure at least 2 of these will happen. 50% chance 3 of them will!

It may be worthwhile to reread Jack Rickard's 2019 Tesla Conspiracy article.

Then pause and consider the world we live in, what each of us has been programmed to believe, and what might happen if someone upset the apple cart.

Or the analogy that he did enough damage to the brand that it became a joke and it´s irreversible they have to separate him.
"The clown car" the obvious choice is Tesla, do we agree here?
People take Musk’s random Tweets entirely too seriously.

It likely only makes sense if you knew what he was doing or what Tweet he was reading immediately prior to the post.

Maybe. Either way rebuilding the brand (or at least in North America) won’t be easy, and the board would actually have to recognize and acknowledge what’s happening. The reality is they have made it clear they are quite comfortable with letting TSLA go back to a single digit stock. I think it’s clear to everybody they have no intention of taking any action against the CEO no matter what the consequences of his new social media political role. Potential investors recognize this and know to invest in something else.

Who knows. The new year might bring a whole new recomposed Elon. 😂😊🍷

That's my current working theory, that a really large shareholder is exiting and has been selling since days. Can we really blame them?
Yes, yes we can. I mean, unless they are forced by the end of the year, why not take a breather and wait for the Q4 results? It’s not like those will be bad enough to increase the PE ratio.

Everyone must wonder what that is about.

This is the first public indication that I have seen from EM where he shows some sort of regret and perhaps some empathy for the investors getting trashed.
That's a lot of reading into that post IMO. To me he hasn't had a shred of self awareness of how his behavior has affected the stock.

It may be worthwhile to reread Jack Rickard's 2019 Tesla Conspiracy article.

Then pause and consider the world we live in, what each of us has been programmed to believe, and what might happen if someone upset the apple cart.
Favorite quote from the article:

There can’t be that many crackpots that will bet against a company with superb execution, unlimited capital, and unlimited opportunity growing on an exponential curve. But if you are just investing in their failure, with that kind of real markets at stake, the stock market looks like penny ante poker. I have no interest in tracking the money or reading the chicken entrails. I already know how this comes out. The irony is double. It looks like the oil companies and automakers have no possibility of losing this one. In reality, they have no way to win it. One man has them totally surrounded, outnumbered, and outgunned. Elon Musk. Bite it *itch. And bury me next to Seth Rich. Jack Rickard

Why would Musk consider Tesla as a clown car? Only Tesla haters consider a Tesla a clown car. Is Musk a Tesla hater?

It's much more appropriate for him to think of Twitter as a clown car and he has made fun of Twitter being a bot infested cluster F for sometime now. And it's pretty obvious he clowns around on Twitter. When has Musk clowned around when it comes to Tesla duties?(okay I'll give you fart mode).

who knows what he meant with that tweet. i could see a reasonable interpretation as 'don't be the one holding the bag.' maybe that's what he meant or maybe that's not. either way, i'd prefer he not panic, but also not make inscrutable comments or jokes when the stock is getting destroyed.

Favorite quote from the article:

There can’t be that many crackpots that will bet against a company with superb execution, unlimited capital, and unlimited opportunity growing on an exponential curve. But if you are just investing in their failure, with that kind of real markets at stake, the stock market looks like penny ante poker. I have no interest in tracking the money or reading the chicken entrails. I already know how this comes out. The irony is double. It looks like the oil companies and automakers have no possibility of losing this one. In reality, they have no way to win it. One man has them totally surrounded, outnumbered, and outgunned. Elon Musk. Bite it *itch. And bury me next to Seth Rich. Jack Rickard
That guy was legend. RIP