Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting very positive first-hand information about Tesla Q4 numbers in Europe.

Sorry for the cryptic post but can't disclose more for confidential reasons
Alex: I regard that post as highly unethical. It puts me as Moderator, AND anyone considering purchasing or selling TSLA, in difficult positions. I have had to sit on my hands any number of times over the years; it is not easy but it is the correct thing to do. Thank you for your understanding.

Alex: I regard that post as highly unethical. It puts me as Moderator, AND anyone considering purchasing or selling TSLA, in difficult positions. I have had to sit on my hands any number of times over the years; it is not easy but it is the correct thing to do. Thank you for your understanding.
Don’t think its material news at all - think there has been little doubt that Tesla was selling everything it had on hand in Europe and supply to those markets can roughly be extrapolated by factory output and ships into EU from China.

I smell a lawsuit coming from not just Tesla but Ford and other auto makers. Can’t have the ID 4 getting the SUV classification while the 2 row Y and Mach E don’t qualify. Not sure what the government is thinking here. They’re just opening themselves up to lawsuits
I guess they have a definition for SUV (is it there is IRA itself ?).

Good Twitter thread by @Tesla

TL;dr

M3 & MY most American-made cars
Lathrop capable of 10,000 MPacks/yr
edit:
MY & MS highest safety score by Euro NCAP
3,000 MY/wk at GigaTexas and GigaBerlin by mid-Dec
Much more

Last edited:
Can you link to that?

All I see for Ford is this

screenshot in case the site changes

1672344792116.png

This was updated and now has Tesla.

Dont know how this was put together, but 5 seat Model Y MSRP limit is set at $55,000. Basically if you want the tax credit on the Model Y need to order with 7 seats.

So here's the deal:
An SUV is a light truck derivative which itself is a non-passenger vehicle defined by either off road capability and 6,000+ pound curb weight or cargo capacity.
Cargo capacity is satisfied by having three rows of seats where two rows fold.
That's why a three row Y gets the higher cap.

HOWEVER
A front seat only vehicle (technically a van) also qualifies and only needs to be front seat only when initially sold.

This was updated and now has Tesla.

Dont know how this was put together, but 5 seat Model Y MSRP limit is set at $55,000. Basically if you want the tax credit on the Model Y need to order with 7 seats.

Sell it with 3rd row, then have a 3rd party remove it using a "kit", and sell the seats back to Tesla or on eBay to Gamers.

Good Twitter thread by @Tesla

TL;dr

M3 & MY most American-made cars
Lathrop capable of 10,000 MPacks/yr
edit:
MY & MS highest safety score by Euro NCAP
3,000 MY/wk at GigaTexas and GigaBerlin by mid-Dec
Much more
"Enabled anyone in North America who has purchased FSD to request FSD Beta, reaching 285k cars total."

Seems to be first time they produced a number on FSD Purchases