Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I would summarize it like that:

Model/SeatsBase Price End 2022 USDIRA - Applicable MSRP Limit USDMy guess for Battery for 2023 Model Year
3 RWD / 546‘99055‘000LFP from CATL at least until March 2023
3 LR / 5- (possibly 55‘990 before discontinuiation, I am not sure)55‘0002170 from GIGA Nevada
3 P / 562‘990Not eligible2170 from GIGA Nevada or overseas or model will be discontinued
Y AWD / 5-55‘000 - will be possibly exceeded2170 from GIGA Nevada until 4680 production is ramped. Not sure if this configuration will be introduced
Y LR / 565‘99055‘000 - will be possibly exceeded2170 from GIGA Nevada or possibly also from overseas if MSRP Limit is exceeded. Configuration could also be discontiunued
Y P / 569‘99055‘000 - will be possibly exceeded2170 from GIGA Nevada or possibly also from overseas if MSRP Limit is exceeded. Configuration could also be discontiunued
Y AWD / 7-80‘0004680 from Kato Road or Austin or 2170 from GIGA Nevada
Y LR / 768‘99080‘0002170 from GIGA Nevada
Y P / 7-80‘0002170 from GIGA Nevada

I don‘t expect significant price cuts for exisiting models. Only the prices for the reintroduced 3 LR and for the new Y AWD 5 seater (if introduced) will be lower than without the IRA.
So basically a $40K 3RWD, $62K YLR/7 after credits, using these base prices. Not including battery credits. 🤤

Reactions: Optimeer
Not sure if I'm an old timer, but I'm glad to see that is a pronouncable acronym versus a mere initialism.
You’re welcome.😇

PS: WYSIWYG (or ..P) , SNAFU, FUD are acronyms: each can be pronounced as a standalone word.

GM (in any of its meanings), AAA, MSRP, WTF, PS itself - those are abbreviations: one has to say each letter.

Reminds me of Dec 2018 (ramp down of original $7500). I snagged a showroom model. They were even clearing those out.
I kept reading further down the post any people kept mentioning a few cars would pop up, then dissappear... it's Tesla's Black Magic.. making new cars dissappear at a delivery center near you...

They may sending delivery trucks to people's houses and rolling cars off the truck, into their driveway /s

@Troy published new data with market share of Tesla with regard to total passenger vehicle sales (not only EVs) - In the US Tesla had almost 4% in Q3, 2,5% worldwide! Wasn´t aware it was that much already. I still remember like it was yesterday when total EVs in Europe were sub 1%.

We are in an exciting decade. And this is the slow version, where the others don't keep up with Tesla. It goes even faster if they do.

1672350080253.png

You’re welcome.😇

PS: WYSIWYG (or ..P) , SNAFU, FUD are acronyms: each can be pronounced as a standalone word.

GM (in any of its meanings), AAA, MSRP, WTF, PS itself - those are abbreviations: one has to say each letter.
My dude, those (the latter) are the very initalisms to which I alluded that reside alongside acronyms under the umbrella of abbreviations (along with things like St., vs. and Rd. which I natively macro expand).
*at least that's how some define them Abbreviations vs. Acronyms vs. Initialisms - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Abbreviation vs. Acronym vs. Initialism (Grammar Rules)

Today I purchased 17 more shares of Tesla at a cost of $119.11 per share. In the past few weeks, I have had doubts about my investment in Tesla due to the drop in stock price. However, my cost-basis per share is low since I purchased my shares during the Model 3 ramp in 2018, when Tesla was valued at around $30 billion. As a result, I am still up several hundred percent on my initial investment, but I did lose a significant amount of paper money in the crash. Looking back, if I had sold at the peak, that "paper" money could have been life-changing and it has been weighing on me.

I took some time to reflect on what happened and my own knowledge and realized that despite holding Tesla for 5 years and reading this forum regularly, I have very little understanding of finance, investing and market cycles. To remedy this, I purchased and read a book on investing by Peter Lynch (One Up on Wall Street) over the weekend. Last night, I decided to put some of the principles from the book into practice by printing out the Shareholder Deck from Tesla's website.

I spent several hours reviewing Tesla's financials and created my own spreadsheet with all the basic data (statement of operations, balance sheet, operational summary, Tesla's guidance, etc.) and some graphs, just like all the YouTubers do. It was eye-opening for me to type out the numbers in my own tables and see the company's history. Of course, I was already familiar with some of the information, but going through every row and column in the financial statement and figuring out what the terms mean was a great learning experience for me. It showed me where Tesla came from and gave me some clues about what the future might hold.

I encourage anyone who is stressed out about the share price to do what I did and take a closer look at Tesla's financials to see for themselves how efficient the company is. Tesla has growing revenues, industry-leading margins, very little debt, and a significant amount of cash on hand. It might take some time but eventually the share price will reflect the company's fundamentals again. As a fun exercise, I also compared Tesla's financials to those of Volkswagen and Toyota and was struck by the differences. It helps to put things in perspective!

Last edited:
You’re welcome.😇

Then by that logic (and you're correct BTW), the abbreviation TLA is in fact incorrect unless it stands for Three Letter Abbreviation. Interesting...

My dude, those (the latter) are the very initalisms to which I alluded that reside alongside acronyms under the umbrella of abbreviations (along with things like St., vs. and Rd. which I natively macro expand).
*at least that's how some define them Abbreviations vs. Acronyms vs. Initialisms - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Abbreviation vs. Acronym vs. Initialism (Grammar Rules)
Gentlemen, as I surmise you two are intellectually stimulated and atwitter with the genesis of new acronyms and abbreviations, I will not allow this thread to get stuck in the mud with this comical back and forth with the hopes of a dawn of new responses from fellow members. Please move future discussions of such to the : "Abbreviation and Acronyms thread" or the incinerator will be activated again which I natively would not want to do during the holidays. ( If you celebrate them )

Regards,

Fake Mod

/s

My best impression of a certain mod not to be named! All in fun, so don't activate the bannerator on me!

Fakely banned until Armageddon+1, by He Who Is Celebrating New Year’s a bit early.