Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize this is a topic that touches on our identity as Tesla investors, so ego is involved and rationality sometimes takes a back seat, but here goes:

Having read TMC for several years, let me see if I have this straight:
- Tesla has no subsidies (anymore).
- Tesla is against all subsidies.
- Tesla needs no subsidies! (Gondor needs no king!)
... and the clincher....
- Tesla is being screwed out of some new subsidies.

Have I got that right?
Do we cognitive dissonance much?
Great googly moogly, people! Tesla will do fine here. They'd weather this (even if there is anything to weather, which isn't even certain now) if they just sold the best cars and had the most modern factories and the most integrated supply chain. Add in the Supercharger network, Tesla Energy, Tesla Semi, Insurance, etc., and there is not a shadow of a doubt.
(And no, there was no politically possible way to remove the fossil fuel subsidies from the US tax and agricultural codes - for decades there never has been, and given a literal 0 vote margin in the Senate? It is more likely that we would see a 600 mile range Mach E next year 🤣 )
You might enjoy having your tax dollars working against Tesla in favor of legacies but I dont.

Courtesy of ChatGPT:

There once was a man named Elon
Whose Tesla production never faltered on
Quarterly numbers were strong
As electric vehicles, he cranked out by the throng
Leading the charge for the future, all day long
Much obliged. Coincidentally I tried ChatGPT for the first time today, pretty awesome!

But I think the true Limerick fundamentalists would say that the first line should include a location. Like:
"A talented man from Pretoria,
whose tweets had created dysphoria.
His cars were so smart,
they could drive you AND fart,
I just wish for a market euphoria."

Courtesy of ChatGPT:

There once was a man named Elon
Whose Tesla production never faltered on
Quarterly numbers were strong
As electric vehicles, he cranked out by the throng
Leading the charge for the future, all day long

You might enjoy having your tax dollars working against Tesla in favor of legacies but I dont.

These legacies are only going EV because of Tesla, plain and simple. Without Tesla we might have Hybrids and would be looking at Hydrogen, with a horribly inefficient production, transportation, and storage infrastructure.

Sadly the results of the IRS guidance does not surprise me.

Tesla makes their seats in house, if I were Elon I would give US Gov the big middle finger and just price the 7-seat Y at $500 above the 5-seat. Unlimited demand would the be pretty much guaranteed.

Here we go...perhaps a little better on production and poorer on delivery than many here had surmised.

Produced 439,701
Delivered 405,278
No mention of Tesla energy or semi.
Q4 call on Wednesday, 1/21 @ 4:30 Central (Austin).

Here we go...

Not great… 405 deliveries 🥵

“epic” is not a word I want to hear uttered again.

When I first got my S in 2016 the voice recognition was astounding. It almost always perfectly recognized what I said and it was pretty fast too. Many updates later and now it's dog slow and almost always gets it wrong. One of the few functions in my car that's gotten worse from updates.
I agree. Tesla’s voice recognition is even worse than my 12 years old ACURA MDX.

Reactions: philw1776
AUSTIN, Texas, January 2, 2023 – In the fourth quarter, we produced over 439,000 vehicles and delivered over 405,000 vehicles. In 2022, vehicle deliveries grew 40% YoY to 1.31 million while production grew 47% YoY to 1.37 million.

We continued to transition towards a more even regional mix of vehicle builds which again led to a further increase in cars in transit at the end of the quarter.

Thank you to all of our customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and supporters who helped us achieve a great 2022 in light of significant COVID and supply chain related challenges throughout the year.

I realize this is a topic that touches on our identity as Tesla investors, so ego is involved and rationality sometimes takes a back seat, but here goes:

Having read TMC for several years, let me see if I have this straight:
- Tesla has no subsidies (anymore).
- Tesla is against all subsidies.
- Tesla needs no subsidies! (Gondor needs no king!)
... and the clincher....
- Tesla is being screwed out of some new subsidies.

Have I got that right?
Do we cognitive dissonance much?
Great googly moogly, people! Tesla will do fine here. They'd weather this (even if there is anything to weather, which isn't even certain now) if they just sold the best cars and had the most modern factories and the most integrated supply chain. Add in the Supercharger network, Tesla Energy, Tesla Semi, Insurance, etc., and there is not a shadow of a doubt.
(And no, there was no politically possible way to remove the fossil fuel subsidies from the US tax and agricultural codes - for decades there never has been, and given a literal 0 vote margin in the Senate? It is more likely that we would see a 600 mile range Mach E next year 🤣 )
I have not seen anyone take such a shallow take in this forum, completely missing the elephant in the room.

Why don't they simply add this language and be done with it? "Tesla vehicles do not qualify". That will make a ton of people happy. Media will go gaga over it. Win-win for Biden and Democrats.
Can we keep this type of bait out of the forums here? This is an obvious troll to start a political discussion.
Tesla will get the MOST money of any player from the IRA. How is this even a discussions?

I think the rules suck. I think price caps are COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. But to think that it was written specifically against Tesla while they will get the most out of it? Nonsense.