Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is Elon not saying a peep about Tesla?
The last time we heard a little was at the Twitter talk.
That’s it.
The stock would benefit tremendously through this reaffirmation. Hopefully the new guy will reinstate a PR department again since Viecha is obviously not enough.
At this point, morale is so low that nothing he says could have helped the stock. We need good numbers and/or the IRS to get their head out of their ass. Nothing less will do.

Are Tesla Energy competitors doing virtual power plants like Tesla is? Do they offer an equivalent to Tesla's Autobidder software?

Yes,

I literally just wrote that. Kraken is not the only one.

Not quite anyone. I didn't, yet. :)

Edit: Or else I was already crazy. Not much change lately.
I have completely lost my mind. Spent way too much time. Could have been learning to play the guitar instead.

Can't figure out if I was more stressed making all the paper gains or eating all the paper losses.

But maybe it will come back again soon.

My mind that is....

Forward P/E is 23.14 before Q4. Tesla is growing automotive units at a "disappointing" 40+% rate with industry leading margins. PEG is < 1.0 Are we in an echo chamber missing something? Truly, totally, completely perplexed am I...a little scared too (bought some more shares today) feeling like I'm alone in the twilight zone.

At this point, morale is so low that nothing he says could have helped the stock. We need good numbers and/or the IRS to get their head out of their ass. Nothing less will do.
IRS is not going to save anything here. IRA is giving Tesla plenty of ammo to boost sales in the USA. If only Tesla would let people know that the Model 3 now starts under $40K with the IRA Tax credit taken into account. Let people know Model Y with 7 seats is now $7500 cheaper with the IRA Tax Credit. Maybe bring back the Model 3 LR at $54,990 and tell people it is eligible for $7500 tax credit.

Forward P/E is 23.14 before Q4. Tesla is growing automotive units at a "disappointing" 40+% rate with industry leading margins. PEG is < 1.0 Are we in an echo chamber missing something? Truly, totally, completely perplexed am I...a little scared too (bought some more shares today) feeling like I'm alone in the twilight zone.
No you’re not alone. Right there with ya. It’ll all work out. I think.

Some of it must have been priced in. We didn't even break the premarket low last week. Let's see what tomorrow looks like but technically speaking, this does look like selling pressure is running pretty low.
Rationally I think you are right, but the loss makes me couldn't think rationally.
I haven't seen the morale of this forum so low before. IRA thing is really a big problem to Tesla, and if Tesla lower the price to match the requirement, Shorts will say that the profit margin is going below 10%.

Anyway, I hope that you are right and we can build a bottom here.

Why is Elon not saying a peep about Tesla?

Elon liked the following tweet.
It's his way of saying to weather the storm in Longsville, hold on.

IMG_20230103_230253.jpg

This, to me, is the biggest and most obvious sugar. There should be real world consequences to these analysts for blatant dishonesty (unfortunately I don't see a realistic way of getting there). There's zero logic or accountability involved, it's pure manipulation, and somehow investors pay attention to these crooks.

I'm totally fine if a company says "No way is Tesla going to grow 50%" and provide their own numbers. But their price point estimation is supposed to be based on their replacement predictions. How are people so dumb as to fall for this garbage??? Goldman is as irrelevant as the credit rating companies... But they seem to make a lot of money scamming people...

Perhaps, just for fun, Tesla should announce that they intend to aim for 25% growth each year for the foreseeable future. Then, let the ANALysts calculate their "consensus" based upon that. ha ha The Pundits will be stuck saying things like, "We see Tesla far exceeding the goals for this year" which will probably make their tongues fall out and their eyes bleed.

Meanwhile, Tesla can just keep on aiming for the 50% target in actuality and regardless of whether they hit above or below the "shadow goal" they smash their stated goal for the year.

Yes, this a big /S

Haha me too. Having a paid off house and not quitting when people where buying islands help a lot.
Yeah it helps never relying on leverage/margin but it's still tough to watch about 60% of asset value vanish even if it really doesn't matter. Having been in the position of having people's lives in my hands I tend to just say "no one is going to die because of this", but its still tough. Briefly watched the talking dipsticks on CNBC today attacking Tesla and it wasn't pretty. Expect more of the same every day until at least the 25th. . Hopefully the 4th QTR isn't ugly but no matter how good it is the haters will pick it apart. They have no vision. Starting this year EV demand will soar in the US with the revamped incentives. The talking heads have no clue how this is playing out.

I may be dumb in investing but it is baffling to me that 40% yoy growth is considered bad by wall street.
It's not. It's only bad when compounded with Elon saying demand for auto is soft, may drop prices to sell at break even, and Tesla missing their own guide when people are already concerned about demand.

We are all peak fear. Elon is not helping because he is defensive about the reason why stock has gone down by laying out the gauntlet with macro economics 101 and how much it'll impact Tesla...lol.

Well how do you think Tesla are going to achieve a 50% cost reduction for Gen3?

Smaller casting machines cost less and probably have a faster cycle time.

Stamping moulds are expensive, as are body shop robots.

Floor space and the number of workers required, is a consideration.

Castings can be stored outside and stacked up.

We need to compare the cost of casting to the cost of what it replaces, and also consider the operational life of the machine and the moulds.
A smaller car might be able to use just one casting.

Reactions: Carl Raymond