Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been almost 7(!!) years since the Model 3 unveiling event, and probably more like 8 since most of the design work was done.

Time for a serious upgrade to the 3

The funny thing is, the newer BYD Seal looks more dated than the Model 3. It looks like a Toyota from a decade ago with a hint of Model 3 shape thrown in. The Model 3 has more of a timeless look, without all the superfluous and gaudy vents and styling "swooshes" that make it look like a toy spaceship or something.

You're a TSLA investor and you live in a slum? I wish you luck with your investment.
Lol. Had to google average home price in my area after this thoughtful response about wishing me luck. It’s now $165k. My first house I bought for $110k and sold it for $127k in 2012. Less than a current model X 6 seater. That house was most definitely not in a slum but a nice suburban neighborhood.

Anyways, way off topic for this thread.

The funny thing is, the newer BYD Seal looks more dated than the Model 3. It looks like a Toyota from a decade ago with a hint of Model 3 shape thrown in. The Model 3 has more of a timeless look, without all the superfluous and gaudy vents and styling "swooshes" that make it look like a toy spaceship or something.
BYD Seal Like a grouper fish with black lipstick scowling.

Tesla sold the Standard Range Model 3 in 2019/2020 for $35K-$36K without subsidies in the United States although I think it was off-menu.

Technically, the $35k Model 3 SR (non plus) was available during the phase out period of the original EV income tax credits. It was available starting around April 2019, and a $3,750 tax credit was available until the end of June 2019; and a $1,875 tax credit was available until the end of 2019. So from April to June 2019, you could have a 220 mile range Model 3 SR for $31,250 (before taxes and fees).

I got the $3,750 tax credit on my Model 3, having bought it in April. But I opted for the SR+ instead of the SR so the range wouldn't be software locked.

That actually looks really nice. A more traditional car look than the Model 3 which will “ease in” the technophobic people who think Tesla is too advanced. Tesla will need to start investing in better interiors lol
The funny thing is that most of the haters on Twitter claim that the 3 looks dated.

I think it looks like an off brand 3. Would not mind to see better interior materials (within reason) on the 3/Y.

Reactions: cusetownusa
We, as a forum, as this thread is home to great discussion, need to continue to discuss and discern what is happening with demand.

It could be for several reasons that prices are being cut.

Traditionally it is due to demand for normal products in a normal market.

We are NOT in a normal market and the gov's of many countries are doing different things to either make their homegrown auto makers happy (GM, F, Stellantis as well as BYD and others).

Please think before you post considering these and other variables.

Some thoughts are:

• ICE is being phased out in 10/15 years
  • Hybrid is being lumped in with BEV as the next step through gov incentives.
  • Recession is coming
  • Fed is pushing for lower inflation, prices and, unfortunately, lower employment which leads to less demand for new vehicles
  • Leading indicators suggest lower prices for supply chain, logistics and materials