Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheech%20and%20Chong%20Up%20in%20Smoke%20car%20scene.jpg

Okay 👍

420 works for me!

Yes that is a great point. I'm not sure how we'll see the credit reported in the earnings nor the timeframe Tesla will receive them, but its certainly an upside we will eventually see in the fundamentals.
Regardless of when they get the cash [from the IRA production credits], the company should record it in Q1 as a receivable that directly impacts the P/L statement to the positive.

Last edited:
I'm being given a 3rd chance to buy an new Model Y. After declining in the txt msg this week, they are reminding me of the new sale price to make sure... I can't handle this high pressure sales! /s

So I thought that sale was only in China, didn't know USA as well. My problem is it was a Y 5-seater with no tax discounts. Here's a nice summary if anyone didn't see it yet on Tesla sales page.

Here's something I can't figure out, the price vs mile range between the 4680 and regular. Something tells me there more than what meets the eye here. Why would anyone get the shorter range for same or nearly the same price? Unless Tesla is building inventory for an announcement and these have hidden gems to be revealed? I'm guessing, but something's doesn't add up.

View attachment 895248
There are optional wheels on the lower range model so the base price might be different.

This is far more than I expected after going over all the pricing changes.

I figured we’d see a $53790 +$1,200 destination MY SR.

This is what I expected. It's far easier to change pricing than to change the supply chain. Tesla would need to poof about 7K LFP batteries per week to build a Model Y SR+

YOU CANNOT just create that out of thin air. EVIDENCE? Ford, GM, Toyota... :p

Lobbyists this morning are like "oh, F###" 🤣
They must be sweating bullets when they do the new calculations and see the pile of money Tesla will be raking in.

Gerrymandering the IRA to exclude or limit Tesla payout will be getting more and more convoluted. I worry that an amendment will be adopted that goes back to the old sales limit caps.

Last edited:
They must be sweating bullets when they do the new calculations a see the pile of money Tesla will be raking in.

Gerrymandering the IRA to exclude or limit Tesla payout will be getting more and more convoluted. I worry that an amendment will be adopted that goes back to the old sales limit caps.
I'm probably in the minority here but I don't see the IRS designations being aimed to hurt Tesla really at all. I mean they also kneecapped the Mach-E which is arguably the best (I know, I know) competitor to the Model Y in the US. Not only that but many EVs were excluded due to assembly requirements. If anything they threw Tesla a huge bone with software upgrades not counting towards the cap. I get it's frustrating though.

It is the Inflation Reduction Act after all.

Teslabot mass production? Just a potentially silly guess, I have no idea. Does the article say what the jobs are (paywalled for me).

Edit: honestly, I am waiting for the day when we see a fully automated factory of Teslabots making more Teslabots….
That'll be the day I start shopping for a bomb shelter and non-perishable food rations. Unless I already have my own personal Teslabot security platoon.

For those who wants the 7500 up front will lease. I do expect leasing to increase next year.

Can anyone point me somewhere for more information on leasing a Model Y to take advantage of the $7,500 rebate? Good chance we won't qualify due to income limits.

My wife, who insisted on buying a 3 row Telluride 2 years ago to carpool our kid's neighborhood friends, now wants a Model Y after I told her about the price drop. Turns out she loves my Y and can't stand the neighborhood kids.

Financially it doesn't make much sense to trade in her barely used car, however, if I could get an inventory vehicle and guarantee I get the $7,500 rebate, I would jump on it. That is too much of a deal to pass up.

I'm being given a 3rd chance to buy an new Model Y. After declining in the txt msg this week, they are reminding me of the new sale price to make sure... I can't handle this high pressure sales! /s

So I thought that sale was only in China, didn't know USA as well. My problem is it was a Y 5-seater with no tax discounts. Here's a nice summary if anyone didn't see it yet on Tesla sales page.

Here's something I can't figure out, the price vs mile range between the 4680 and regular. Something tells me there more than what meets the eye here. Why would anyone get the shorter range for same or nearly the same price? Unless Tesla is building inventory for an announcement and these have hidden gems to be revealed? I'm guessing, but something's doesn't add up.

View attachment 895248
There is a $1000 difference due to the 20" induction wheels, but I do think the 269 mile range car is a bad deal and would go for the 330 mile range car myself. Maybe they should drop another $1000 off the 269 mile version? One note... the odds that the 269 mile version is eligible for $7500 are higher than then 330 mile range version after Q1. And if you are in the market for a 3 SR, you should be buying this in Q1, as the $7500 credit may not be there at all, or be half in Q2.