Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This keeps coming up, and yet no one has been able to provide any evidence that "profit in China has to stay in China". What's your source? Let's get to the root of things here.

I am speculating like everybody else. Its a discussion forum.

China is known to not be very open and just society where you can do whatever you want to do with your business, IF you are lucky to have a business there and not be chinese.
I thought this was obvious, but there you go..

I am speculating like everybody else. Its a discussion forum.

China is known to not be very open and just society where you can do whatever you want to do with your business, IF you are lucky to have a business there and not be chinese.
I thought this was obvious, but there you go..

So you pulled it out of your butt, with no known reference, or even other company that has those restrictions.

Just so we're all on the same page - this is NOT how other foreign companies in China work. They are not restricted on bringing profits back to their home country.

EDIT - I came down hard on this because this is a known TSLAQ talking point, one that is NOT based in any reality on how business is conducted in China.