Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing about Tesla solar.
:confused:
I saw this from that chart. Seems lumped together graphically anyway.
Notice the 90% as well. From nothing much in 21, probably was expected.

1674695632899.png

Maybe 4680s are faster ramp than auto Factories. Tesla mentioned that it's large scale logistics to get all the pieces together, and that GigaTexas has one 4680 line operational and 3 more being installed/commissioned. This made me think about how those machines are more like bottling company machines with a ton of moving parts like we see in the videos - Roadrunner was the nickname. So maybe it's the logistics in getting all of them machined and assembled, but it's nothing compared to what's required for a GigaPress birth or the install from foundation on up.

So it's a different kind of factory, maybe Pepsi can help with it, lol. They'll be "popping" up everywhere! 🤣
You're probably right about the 4680's, but I was talking about Semi's.

• Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Jan 25, 2023 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Jan 26, 2023 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$152.35 +8.46 (+5.88%)
After-Hours Volume23,385,490
After-Hours High$153 (07:03:17 PM)
After-Hours Low$141.69 (04:06:34 PM)

The positive 2022-Q4 Earning Report, and especially the guidance for 2023, saw heavy TSLA trading in today's After-hrs sesson, with Record Volume of >60.4% more After-hrs than the previous highest record of 14.6M shares (split-adjusted).

TSLA was the 8th-highest gainer in the NDX during the After-hrs session:

Components of the S&P 500

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
428MarketAxess Holdings Inc.MKTX0.036729
up.gif
34.11(10.35%)
190Capital One Financial CorpCOF0.121134
up.gif
9.58(8.99%)
253Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. Series AWBD0.086992
up.gif
1.13(8.45%)
436Seagate Technology Holdings PLCSTX0.035968
up.gif
4.77(7.67%)
110Equinix Inc.EQIX0.197989
up.gif
54.39(7.56%)
54AT&T Inc.T0.406009
up.gif
1.29(6.73%)
452Paramount Global Class BPARA0.031164
up.gif
1.25(6.00%)
12Tesla IncTSLA1.148317
up.gif
8.46(5.88%)

Fun Fact? The company which owns this Stock Exchange was down -5.9% After-hrs: (the 2nd-worst loser) :p

314Nasdaq Inc.NDAQ0.062197
down.gif
-3.66(-5.91%)

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Just clicked that the very small footprint for planned 4680 production (vs the current cell production) at GigaNevada (again mentioned by Elon during call today) means that they are obviously confident that DBE is going to be ready soon (if not already). The drying ovens for the traditional wet electrode in cells takes up a huge amount of floor space.

He gets constantly *sugar* on here yet he's out-forecasted many TMC heroes on deliveries and EPS and has been doing this for years. Make fun of his "rudimentary" methods (which honestly, a lot of hate comes from him being bearish while I see certain TMCers be even more egregiously wrong on the upside met with silence/amnesia) but he's a worthwhile follow.

I have never had a problem with Troy's end of the quarter estimates, it's generally his early quarter predictions that don't align with things we already know. Then, as the quarter proceeds, he generally hones his numbers in to end up close to reality. It's his methodology and early quarter predictions that are screwy.

What is the typical cost of Tesla insurance? 100/month? I am looking at 250k people already on Tesla insurance without even opening up FL, the 2nd biggest Tesla market?
I'm in VA and I am paying a little over $110/mo. Note I am 60 and a good driver, so there's that. I switched from Progressive when their latest 6-month bill for my model Y was ~$1,100, so that may give you a better indication on how good of an insurance it is.

Answer to Pierre’s question, about getting back to $36k average cost per vehicle sold, had three well thought out insightful answers from the team and then Elon just had to come off the top rope with “a severe recession is coming, just a guess though”. It’s time for him to give up the quarterly calls. His team is more than capable to handle the calls without him

Answer to Pierre’s question, about getting back to $36k average cost per vehicle sold, had three well thought out insightful answers from the team and then Elon just had to come off the top rope with “a severe recession is coming, just a guess though”. It’s time for him to give up the quarterly calls. His team is more than capable to handle the calls without him
How's Shareloft community compred to TMC? Based on username I'm guessing you're a member? lol

Elon alluded to the reality that you can actually make a fair bit of money simply by having $22B in cash working for you somewhere (just to come clean, I don't have first hand experience at that level...)

What type of cash instruments would Tesla own and what would they kick off? With $22B, and current rates, is that $800M-$1B/year?

Elon basically says Tesla will make a commerical vehicle. This seems to be the vehicle they keep hinting at.

Must be a commercial and robotaxi capable vehicle that suits multiple avenues.

Yes. Putting 2 and 2 and 2 together, I think it's looking like a relatively low cost utility van meant to serve multiple purposes including:

commercial delivery
tradesmen
passenger van
utility/camping/sports

Tesla likes to leverage multiple vehicles out of each platform so it will probably be built on the Cybertruck platform.

If you combine the new SUV-style "Corolla Cross" sales (383 K) with those of the well-known Corolla sedan (842 K), and Chevy Silverado (574 K) with the near identical GMC Sierra (296 K), both outsold the Model Y.

Well, if you do that, you also need to combine the SUV-style "Model Y" sales with the well-known Model 3 sedan... how's it look then? :p

Cheers!