Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see at least part of 6 modules so definitely not 2x4 and I'm fairly sure the third row is out of frame.

You can see the 9 modules here

Will be interesting to see how they are connected once Sandy takes one apart, I bet it is all in series, and not each module is a ~1000 V pack, since that would take way more chips, specially the cell balance ones, which at least until a while ago were hard to come by, and that approach would need 9X the amount, not the Tesla way

BYD has started buying car carrier ships. I wonder if that is too much vertical integration.

Well, Hyundai Glovis is one of the largest auto shipping companies, including shipping of major factory equipment. They also are a major shipper for Tesla.
One can argue that may be excessive vertical integration but it is also a crucial component of the auto business where logistics is a crucial component.
If an auto company has the capability I've no question it can be a competitive advantage with more stable costs than would be third party shipping.

In sum, Mr. Toyoda will do what he does best, show off new products and schmooze,
Mr. Koji Sato will do everything else.
Mr. Sato is a Waseda engineering graduate and Toyota lifer, of course, but he may well surprise people who expect him to avoid major changes. After all he’s young, articulate and clever , ‘so they say’.
Assuming that Sato-sama wants to change things, he will still have a lot of status quo to overcome. Very difficult in an established company--just look at VW and Diess. If he can cut through the bureaucracy he has a chance.

I see at least part of 6 modules so definitely not 2x4 and I'm fairly sure the third row is out of frame.
Right, but those center modules seem to be close to double-wide (6 "ribs" on top, as opposed to 3), so I'im wondering if we are seeing the exterior enclosures the modules are in, and the center "can" holds 2 internal cell modules...?

Otherwise, it seems odd to have one module larger than the other two in each row.

The other thing is that it appears there's some metal framing in "front" of the forward-most visible module on the left side of the vehicle:

1674827730258.png

That looks angled "inwards" and looks like it would preclude a full row there...

Well, Hyundai Glovis is one of the largest auto shipping companies, including shipping of major factory equipment. They also are a major shipper for Tesla.
One can argue that may be excessive vertical integration but it is also a crucial component of the auto business where logistics is a crucial component.
If an auto company has the capability I've no question it can be a competitive advantage with more stable costs than would be third party shipping.

Car manufacturing is only a small part of Hyundai Group:

Edit: wrong link

You can see the 9 modules here

Will be interesting to see how they are connected once Sandy takes one apart, I bet it is all in series, and not each module is a ~1000 V pack, since that would take way more chips, specially the cell balance ones, which at least until a while ago were hard to come by, and that approach would need 9X the amount, not the Tesla way

Yes... I posted that very link in my post that he's replying to.

That's my point: I'm not sure the physical picture and the drawing match...

Reactions: petit_bateau
Someone is selling 1 or 2 shares every minute at 159.23. Odd behavior.
This is bizarre. I've seen this wick down to $159.23 several times now. Would this be someone selling a share back and forth between accounts, with tight limits, just to "paint the tape" momentarily. I don't recall seeing this before, that wasn't likely from someone exercising options.

What I missed yesterday is tsla is now over $500 Billion market cap...

Yeah, that's why Gene Munster was on CNBC after the Earnings Call complaining that "something isn't right" with the financials.

Note that earlier this month, Gene appeared on CNBC explaining that his fund sold their TSLA position when Tesla went below the $400B Market Cap threshold, and Gene was expecting it to continue lower. Instead, he's missed a 25% move up in just 10 days. Wonder if his fund will see more withdrawals after his 'genius' move?

Yeah Gene, you keep swing trading.... You got played by the Media, bruh! Bites, wot? :p

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why Gene Munster was on CNBC after the Earnings Call complaining that "something isn't right" with the financials.

Note that earlier this month, Gene appeared on CNBC explaining that his fund sold all their TSLA position when Tesla went below the $400B Market Cap threshold, and Gene was expecting it to continue lower. Instead, he's missed a 25% move up in just 10 days. Wonder if he fund will see more withdrawals after his genius move?

Yeah Gene, you keep swing trading.... You got played by the Media, bruh! Bites, wot? :p

Cheers to the Longs!
Well, I got played too, not by choice.

Perhaps he was in same boat?

While we’re waiting for the market to open, a little OT - this article is front page of the Charlotte Observer today. A feel good piece about race relations that all started with a Tesla.

“And he thinks about his granddaughter Danielle and the bold request that put this all into motion in the first place: Danielle had seen Ron’s Tesla, and thought it was cool, and thought it would be particularly cool if Ron would chauffeur her and her date to her school prom in 2018.”

No mention of Elon hurting the brand. Free advertising.