Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT, I really wish they made everything. Tired of cheap stuff to only cost more long term. Huge contributor to global waste. Didn't like it when TV/Audio repair went either. Now even those are disposable and cheap. They don't make 'em like they used to... but they better or else. Specs and brand matter.
The era of cheap stuff took a toll on humanity.

It allowed China to become a manufacturing powerhouse because China churned out ridiculously cheap, low quality things extremely quickly, fueling its rise in the world political theater. And of course the damage to the environment which is irreversible.

But most dangerously, it made consumers used to cheap things. People aren't willing to pay for something that costs twice as much even if it lasts 5x as long and wasn't made by child slaves. People aren't willing to pay for quality, unbiased content, instead reading online stuff that is paid for by people who have an agenda. People aren't willing to pay for access, instead selling their privacy and soul to social media.

To survive as a race, we need to consume fewer but higher quality things. Tesla is a breeze of fresh air in this regard.

Allegedly lots of 4680 Model Y available now in USA (or part of it)

"Jesus, Tesla just added a shitload of sub $55K Model Y to LA SF and NY..."

Edit: I'm not sure if this number is unusual, or a misunderstanding.

I see a bunch at Mt Kisco "near" me. Tempting but not sure the price delta between these and the LR is worth having a smaller battery.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Dear god Ford is screwed. These terrible results are before they had to drop Mach E prices which only cause their losses on the Mach E to grow. Once Cybertruck production gets close, I foresee a lot of Lightning and regular F150 sales start to get impacted.

Oh that special one time dividend to pass through Rivian money to investors is quite the pathetic attempt to keep shareholders from bailing out when the writing is on the wall. Keep the money Ford, you're to need that cash

I see a bunch at Mt Kisco "near" me. Tempting but not sure the price delta between these and the LR is worth having a smaller battery.
Too bad ill never know what this convo is about :)

1675376754933.png

Ford had a horrible quarter. They said they executed poorly, didn't deliver 100,000+ cars, and even though revenue was up significantly, they missed earnings big time. This all while there was no "EV Price War" and they still had the ability to gouge consumers! If you wondered what the death of legacy would look like, this is it!

It also really puts Tesla's quarter into perspective.

Appreciate Lee's transparency here...

The stock price for Tesla is not defined by the retail investor. The retail investor, in the short term, is at the whim of MM and major holders. There can never be enough retail buying/selling to get anywhere near the 200 million daily number of shares traded. The only thing that we can do is buy when we can, buy more when they hammer the price down and have the guts to believe in the company. This is the best company available to us retail investors now. Elon and the great engineers and workers at Tesla are the foundation upon which to hold onto in these dynamic conditions. HODL!!!!