Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I think there was a misunderstanding in my post.

I didn't mean we needed someone to buy all of Elon's shares. I meant a $4 billion share dump is hard to recover from because there aren't enough hedge funds, pension funds, sovereign funds and retail investors out there to buy the shares (not enough liquid cash).

To get to $2000 a share the company will be worth $6 trillion. To be worth that much money you need people to actually put in that much money. Where exactly does this 6 trillion come from if we can't even find enough people with 4 billion right now?

And no we haven't actually recovered from Elons selling under $200 yet. The Nasdaq is 5% Higher than December 1 and TSLA is 3% higher than December 1. I'm just saying be realistic, TSLA will not be worth 6 trillion in 2-3 years. That is a fairy tale.

4 trillion in 7 years while selling 20 mil cars + FSD. Maybe, if FSD is truly working then definetly. It's a hell of a lot more believable than 6 trillion in 2 while selling 2.6 million cars lol.
This is a misunderstanding of how market cap is calculated. To get to $6 trillion market cap, you only need technically 1 share to sell at a price that when extrapolated, values the company at $6 trillion. That’s why market cap in general is somewhat of a misnomer. Because only a % of shares are actually exchanging hands at any given time, and yet the entire company is valued based on the price of a relatively small % of shares exchanging hands. Now obviously if you have high volume trading like Tesla does, that gives greater credibility to the price. But it’s still only a % of the shares valuing all the rest.

I would think Tesla will move mountains to get the retail MSRP on the launch edition Cybertruck to come in under the $80K IRA cap for pickups.

Just look what they were willing to do to make the 5-seater Model Y eligible. Clearly NOT making the cut for subsidies has a huge impact on consumer's willingness to commit.
Agreed. There will be a version at 78995 (79995 with white seats) my guess is this is trimotor with 500 mi battery. The quad motor rolls in at 99995 for the plaid types and gets 475 mi.

The 350 mile dual motor comes in at 54995.

The single motor, 275 mi comes in at 44995 (but doesn't show up till '26).

Because I am being specific, I will point out that I am as accurate as the 87.548% of statistics that are made up on the spot.

I would think Tesla will move mountains to get the retail MSRP on the launch edition Cybertruck to come in under the $80K IRA cap for pickups.

Just look what they were willing to do to make the 5-seater Model Y eligible. Clearly NOT making the cut for subsidies has a huge impact on consumer's willingness to commit.
Prices were cut globally during the big round and were preceded by price cuts in Asia. Model Y LR dropped $15k overnight in Canada, IRA of course does not apply here.

Model Y LR was briefly $48,990 in the US at the start of 2021 and spent quite a bit of time <$50k.

If prices go back up, that just tells me we can expect higher interest rates and higher rates for longer. The Fed is focused on services inflation right now, but that moving back into goods will not be good.

Couldn’t believe there are still shorts when Elon can tweet like this anytime and no one would know what it even means. I could totally understand why shorts are so angry and it’s not healthy.

Btw, just want to leave a post on this page,😎
Many people speculated that the period signal he finished with master plan part 3. This was the day he said master plan 3 will be announced on investor day.

Couldn’t believe there are still shorts when Elon can tweet like this anytime and no one would know what it even means. I could totally understand why shorts are so angry and it’s not healthy.

Btw, just want to leave a post on this page,😎

He made a similar post on the 8th Feb

Edit: perhaps nothing but a test of something new on Twitter, perhap a hidden message, maybe something to do with "stop", "full stop", "period" or "point".

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
I think it might have been this AJ note that dropped:

Seems like a typical OPEX expiry play to try and help his mates on WS

Lots of talk about the rise from $100 to $200 being dramatic, but in reality was just righting the nonsense drop down there in the first place

When you look past the rhetoric, the note essentially says Tesla are set to dominate more and the others don't have a chance

Well, I've seen a bunch of disagrees but no explanations. Every post with content that I've seen pretty much agrees with me, that Teslas are considered by some to be "luxury" due only to their price.

Would somebody who disagrees care to point out something about Tesla vehicles that is a "luxury" feature? This would be something essentially non-functional, but present to boost owner status and convey the impression that the car is really expensive. Personally, I've never seen such a feature on any Tesla I've owned. Certainly some of the software is gratuitous, but people find all sorts of different things entertaining.

Everything about Tesla, in my opinion, is spare, understated, and exceedingly functional. Pretty much the opposite of "luxury".
Well Mr. Musk himself did call the model x the Fabrege egg of cars, so there is that.

Isn’t it about time for a Model S update? The 2023 model seems to be still the same as the 2021 model.
But in Europe the Model S with 19 inch wheels is now listed as having a 723km WLTP range. I don’t remember it ever being above 700km, is this new?
Where? Checked both the Norwegian an Belgium site now. View attachment 905468View attachment 905468

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2023-02-10 kl. 09.17.37.png
    Skjermbilde 2023-02-10 kl. 09.17.37.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Skjermbilde 2023-02-10 kl. 09.18.13.png
    Skjermbilde 2023-02-10 kl. 09.18.13.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 45
Well, I've seen a bunch of disagrees but no explanations. Every post with content that I've seen pretty much agrees with me, that Teslas are considered by some to be "luxury" due only to their price.

Would somebody who disagrees care to point out something about Tesla vehicles that is a "luxury" feature? This would be something essentially non-functional, but present to boost owner status and convey the impression that the car is really expensive. Personally, I've never seen such a feature on any Tesla I've owned. Certainly some of the software is gratuitous, but people find all sorts of different things entertaining.

Everything about Tesla, in my opinion, is spare, understated, and exceedingly functional. Pretty much the opposite of "luxury".
Has been discussed aplenty over the years, and I stated many times that it was the quality of the materials that was the issue, along with the terrible fit-and-finish. I always used to compare my first MS P85 with my previous Volvo SC90 - although it was the "top of the range" the Volvo is hardly considered in the luxury bracket, and yet it was so far ahead of Tesla in "quality and feel", no squeaks or rattles, superior materials, leather, carpets. Was nothing to do with the design or controls

Going from the P85 to the XP100DL was a step-up in build-quality, but the MX was still plagued by rattles and creaks, which never got resolved, furthermore, the suspension was extremely harsh - great for driving, bad for comfort. My new MX Plaid is a step-up again, the materials are way better than the previous generation, the suspension is more forgiving, fit-and-finish much improved (although still panel-alignment issues, but nowhere near as bad). However, the rattles persist, which is a bit unacceptable on a €160k car - it used to be the monopole seats giving the issue, specifically the motors, I suspect also the case and the reason I ordered a 5-seater initially, but also Tesla also use hard plastic panels in the trunk that aren't adequate isolated and rub together

I discussed this with the service technician and he said that in his opinion the car is all about the tech and the rest is a bit of an "afterthought", I would tend to agree, some fairly minor adaptations could revolutionise the experience

Even on my wife's GF3 M3P we have some minor rattles, although generally speaking it's extremely solid, will be interesting to see how her GF4 MYLR compares when delivered (22nd Fed date finally set -> that has been a long a difficult process with Tesla Sales...). Unclear to me if this is a Fremont issue or just with the MX. I'd beed to spend some time with a recent MS build to begin to draw any conclusions on that

All this being said, love my Teslas...

Edit: first post on page 20000 - what do I win?

Last edited:
I still see 634km WLTP on 19 inch Model S when configuring for Denmark.
Did you look at the text under the wheel selection? That text changes when you change the wheel type. The text at the top of the screen remains the same, apparently there’s some rule that they should show the worst range of all configs, and are only allowed to show the better range when an option is selected that improves the range.

Edit: like this: ‘
19" Tempest-fælge
Inkluderet
Est. rækkevidde som konfigureret: 723 km’