Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These types of products are not intended to be held overnight. They give access to options-like returns for daytrading in accounts that are restricted from trading options, but are able to buy and sell equities.

For example, Horizons ETFs offers a whole boatload of such products, such as these: (NOT Advice!)

Yes. While they may not be intended to be held overnight, it can be very profitable to do just that. I'm not sure I'd want to hold a bunch of triple leveraged Tesla (those products are available some places), but 1.5x is right in my comfort zone for longer term holding. My plan is to exchange my TSLL position for TSLA in a few years.

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
These posts inspired me to do a little bit of digging, given we know the Solar Configurator was updated on February 11th. Some minor scoops for you all:

1. I've confirmed Standalone Powerwall sales are programmed into the new configurator. There is actually both with and without installation. I've found two documents, one called "standalone-pw-ship-to-home-tc" dated February 16, 2023, and one called "standalone-pw-direct-tc" dated January 13, 2023. Here's a snippet from "standalone-pw-ship-to-home-tc"

View attachment 908430
View attachment 908431

And here's a snippet from "standalone-pw-direct-tc":

View attachment 908438

2. Tesla has set up configurator URLs for 6 products. /commercial/design, /energy/design, /megapack/design, /powerwall/design, and most interestingly /unified/design . All URLs except /unified/design exist and work, but /powerwall/design redirects to /energy/design for the moment. No clue what the unified configurator might be, but it could match one of the titles belo
3. Tesla has set up 8 page titles:
DIRECT_HOME_ASSESSMENT: "Direct Home Assessment",
SS_SOLAR_PANELS: "Solar Panels",
ENERGY_CONFIGURATOR: "Energy Configurator",
POWERWALL_CONFIGURATOR: "Powerwall Configurator",
SAVPP_CONFIGURATOR: "SAVPP Configurator",
MEGAPACK_CONFIGURATOR: "Megapack Configurator",
COMMERCIAL_CONFIGURATOR: "Commercial Energy Configurator"

Based on other strings I found "SAVPP" stands for "Site Assessment Virtual Power Plant." But it's obviously still in progress because I don't think they'd use that acronym on the page itself.

And then found exactly one reference to "InternationalPowerwallConfigurator," but no elaboration anywhere else. So maybe very early days, but maybe some signs of direct Powerwall sales outside of the US.

EDIT:Clarified both direct install and ship to home.

Explain this to a ignorant: this means that yesterday a lot of shorts lost money with their puts?

Only if they held those $200 Puts through the Close. Since the intraday low SP was below that $200 Strike price, it's quite possible that holders of those $200 Puts sold them at a profit around 11:30 am on Friday (indeed, it was likely them pushing the SP down so they could close those Put Contracts at a profit).

TSLA.2023-02-17.11-33.Lo2.png

The only way to get a better handle on this is to see intraday Options volume. But since there's no online archive of Options volume, you won't know what-happened-when unless you check hourly during the main trading session. Too much humbug for me! (@Papafox nose)

Cheers!

I'm been rethinking my "definitely hot" comment about today's PPI numbers. If you average together the last two PPI number, -0.2 and 0.7, you get 0.25. That's a drop from the previous three months and not too far from to the Fed's desired 2% annual inflation rate. Seen in that context, not so bad. It also sets us up for a nice month over month on the next PPI, should January numbers have been an anomaly rather than the start of a trend.
YoY inflation will start to drop dramatically - prices started to spike end of Feb in 2022 thanks to Vlad's Ukraine invasion, so we've been comparing elevated prices with pre-war prices up until end of next week. So PPI will drop a lot in the coming months, place your bets accordingly, not advice...

YoY inflation will start to drop dramatically - prices started to spike end of Feb in 2022 thanks to Vlad's Ukraine invasion, so we've been comparing elevated prices with pre-war prices up until end of next week. So PPI will drop a lot in the coming months, place your bets accordingly, not advice...

That’s exactly what the market seems to be expecting when you look at SPY.
All the bears who were expecting another leg down are getting humbled by a forward looking market expecting things to improve in the next 6 months it seems.

Has someone here traveled to the BRK annual meeting to tell a Charlie Munger he is wrong about TSLA?

Last edited:
So from Brazil to Corpus eh?

View attachment 908451
This project was discussed here about a year ago when @AudubonB and I were discussing Minas Gerais lithium projects.
Among the notable features of this project are the absence of waste piles, the close major river access with hydroelectric production existing and the close port access to Ilhéus, Bahia (Not Espirito Santo!). Perhaps the dominant feature for lithium is that test projects and production have been well established for years, there are nine past producing mines and the largest hardback lithium deposits in the Americas. All of that is in the linked company report.

Elon and other Tesla people have been visiting these areas for several years. Constant local rumors link these projects with Mexican plants as with other projects related to raw materials and production of parts, CKD and/or other things. Most recently some conversations are allegedly involving CATL, already producing batteries in Brasil with Moura (the largest Brasilian battery producer).

All of this involves Mercosur customs preferences with Mexico which also feature some rather arcane trade balancing goals.
IMHO, very Humble, the Mexican, Canadian and Brasilian rumors are very likely to be interrelated. FWIW, Canada and Brasil have very long and deep trading and investment connection that go back to the municipal electrical systems of SP and RJ plus municipal transit systems and large real estate developments. Sigma itself is a product of Canadian/Brasilian cooperation with a convenient added support from (LG).

On behalf of Minero fans everywhere I think this project would be a wonderful addition for TSLA.

Missy Cummings on CNN right now.

Acknowledging speed is the issue where ADAS systems may allow for loss of concentration for a bit of time in high speed situations.

Not really separating out Tesla.

Noting that US regulation allows for a lot of leeway for manufacturers as compared to Europe.

Referring to public files available online.

Host closing segment saying he loves his Tesla.

Last edited:
How did Omar make that long drive on FSD without his hands on the wheel? If I try that the car will blue-screen then yell at me then cut out. What gives?
I'm on 2022.44.30.10
I’ve noticed I can drive 3-5 minutes without touching the wheel as long as I focus on the road. As soon as I lapse in concentration and my eyes look away from the road, I get a nag. Try it out.