Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being 100% real, I’m sure a big part of the cybertruck equation was a desire to use the same material as the starship to lower the cost of material for the starship (as it’s ordered in bulk quantity).

We praise Elon when he uses synergies to positively benefit Tesla, but if you’re going to do that then you have to also acknowledge it the other way (and as a SpaceX shareholder I see both). Yes the material does benefit Tesla as well, but this does disproportionately advantage SpaceX with material cost reduction (since so much steel is going to be ordered for the cybertruck). With that said I’m totally for a weird looking truck if it’s made of the same material that can literally withstand re entry of the earth’s atmosphere.

I eagerly await the sight of Tesla Bots riding in Cybertrucks on Mars hauled over on Starships in the next 5-7 years.

I started to write a response to Speedr(?) concerning advertising for Tesla and quickly realized it would not be correct to do it in the investor thread. So I made a thread all its own.

Moderators, please allow this post to stay?

And I hope many of you enjoy what I started and take a break and add your thoughts and Easter Eggs to the idea here:

• Helpful
Reactions: Drumheller
I started to write a response to Speedr(?) concerning advertising for Tesla and quickly realized it would not be correct to do it in the investor thread. So I made a thread all its own.

And I hope many of you enjoy what I started and take a break and add your thoughts and Easter Eggs to the idea here:

Wasn't trying to derail the investor thread, but demand, and the timing of a redesign on it, is the only reason I brought it up. Also, one of the reasons Ross gave to Reuters about why he was dropping his bid for a board seat was that Tesla was going to start doing things he was pushing for, including the above mentioned.

But isn't Tesla doing that already with the instructional videos on YouTube? I agree they should people more aware of them, but it's a start.

I feel the opposite. These youtubers get so entitled. None of us have a (decent) chance of attending an event like investor day but they attend multiple events and feel wronged when they for once cannot attend.

Sheesh.
He was invited to attend then turned away after he made a special trip to get there, which is a major dick move by Tesla. Seems to have been corrected now so hopefully just an error by Tesla.

Nice, new steering wheel? Squared Yoke?

View attachment 912662
Wheel reminds me of the 2017 Ford GT wheel. I like it.

FordGT.jpeg

I've been waiting for that price drop since before prices rose.
Rookie mistake. For your first Tesla, the only right time to buy is now. It matters nothing if you eventually might get better features and a lower price, because in the meantime you'll be driving some obsolete piece of junk instead of a Tesla.

If it's your second (or fifth) Tesla, then sure, wait for the right moment.

The only good reason to wait to buy your first Tesla is if you can't afford it. It's a bad idea to buy anything you can't afford, and that goes double for a car.

Almost anything Tesla does can be reduced to First Principles logic.

1. A good truck should be resistant to scratches, dings, dents, etc.
2. A good EV should have an aerodynamic shape.
3. Ultra-hardened cold-worked steel alloys are resistant to scratches, dings, dents, etc.
4. Hardened steel cannot be effectively stamped, but can be folded.
5. Folded panels require an angular shape.
6. Therefore, a good EV truck must be made out of hardened steel folded into an angular, aerodynamic shape.
Not that we should be surprised, but it's wild that the haters can't see this. All of this is why the CT will make other EV trucks look like a stupid purchase when it comes to specs vs price.

Sure, there will be plenty of people who are afraid of looking different but they will pay dearly for that. There are more than enough of us who think the Truck looks awesome, or who just only care about function.