Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rinse and repeat:

2014 Model S

2014 Model S
AP1 started being built into the Model S in September, 2014. I had one of the first ones. So, if the car was really a 2014 Model S, and if it was built after the middle of September, and if the owner chose to pay for Autopilot, and if it was turned on at the time of the crash, then it would be part of the investigation.

AP1 started being built into the Model S in September, 2014. I had one of the first ones. So, if the car was really a 2014 Model S, and if it was built after the middle of September, and if the owner chose to pay for Autopilot, and if it was turned on at the time of the crash, then it would be part of the investigation.
AP 1 not change lane automatically , not breaking on static object doesn't cost 15 000$ , need driver to hands on !
At this time 2014 - Tesla doesn't said the car is FSD or full autopilot just ADAS lv1

Off topic
so they removed, imo the best color, and replaced it with a dated burgundy ford Taurus color. Not sure that’s gonna stimulate sales.

You should reserve judgement on the colour until you can see it in person. There are many (and I mean many) fans of Mazda's "Soul Red" and some liken "Midnight Cherry Red" to this with similar general approval. Based on renders the new "Ultra Red" could have a bit less blue to it and more orange, but as somebody in their thirties I can tell you that this is not just some worn out colour that only appeals to people on a nostalgia-trip. Or maybe it's because I wasn't alive when this sort of colour was a popular or common colour of car, so I have no negative associations with it.

Last edited:
so they removed, imo the best color, and replaced it with a dated burgundy ford Taurus color. Not sure that’s gonna stimulate sales.
The old red was horrible. I absolutely disliked it. Looked cheap, almost like uni red. Like a toy car or fire brigade truck.

I love the new deeper, less saturated red a lot.

Good decision imo.

As said above, the Mazda red is great. Always amazed by it in person.

Hey guys, thought i'd introduce myself briefly after lurking for a while here.

I'm probably younger than 99% of the users in here. First time I'd heard about tesla was during a trip in Croatia, where I saw 4 superchargers directly overlooking the sea (still one of the most beautiful SuC locations I've seen after almost 7 years!) though at the time I didn't know anything more about the company.

Fast forward to early/mid 2019 and, as my grandpa had some health issues and couldn't drive anymore (he loved good fast cars and driving them), we decided to test drive one of the first model 3 cars that arrived my country and brought him with us as passenger to check it out. Still have some photos of that day, good memories. Needless to say he liked the car a lot and decided to get one for my mom as a gift. Over time we got way more involved and he decided to buy a sizable amount of stock with the only caveat that we wouldn't sell until tesla had stopped growing. I will fully admit I didn't know anything about macroeconomics and similar topics at the time (who does, at 20 y/o, honestly?). Of course, none could have foreseen the explosion (and then implosion I guess?) of the stock the past few years. You can guess that part of the portfolio has grown to a sizable amount (but still a healthy %, such that if it went to 0 overnight we would not have any actual issues with our lives) and I've been actively getting more interested in the whole economic topics/subjects. It's a strange combination of fun and terrifying. I think everyone should study even a little bit of the topics but unfortunately, unless you actively teach yourself, none is going to. The covid time was extremely crazy, in retrospect.

Been finishing up a MSc in engineering in the meantime, still got a couple of years to go. Planning to go into the automotive/electrical industry after I'm done, will see what I can get done.

Anyway, long story short, I think most the people in here share our same beliefs that tesla as a company can do great stuff in the upcoming years and decades so I'm looking far more at what the company is doing than what the stock/macro is doing. As for Musk himself, I don't consider myself "smart" by any means but I think I'm smart enough to be able to recognize both his great achievements with his companies and his silly behavior lately.

Cheers.

The old red was horrible. I absolutely disliked it. Looked cheap, almost like uni red. Like a toy car or fire brigade truck.

We like our “old” red.

I am red/green deficient colorblind. A non-trivial percentage of males are. I can still distinguish red and green, but subtle hues look drab to me. My ex loved British Racing Green, but it never did anything for me. What you define as “toy” is what I prefer - but I refer to it as “jelly bean” colors - the brighter the better!

But That’s Just Me!(™️)

on nother note, and this might impact (positively) stock:

EM seems die hard committed to make the MY 2024 Model X a success.
We are seeing IMHO rear axle steering on the ultra red MX here, like on the EQS.
Starts Min. 4:32

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Plus I doubt they would bother to add that to such a low volume vehicle. I also doubt it would do much for sales.

Tesla doing what Tesla does...rapidly adapting. New supercharger layout at a WaWa (deployed a month ago). Notice the 2 spots that are SUPER WIDE (and a 3rd one utilizing the buffer as well):

Supercharger2.jpg

Other bank had the normal setup:
Supercharger1.jpg

Hello Cybertruck! Or maybe they'll get magic docks soon?