Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well BYD needs to first get their act together and actually penetrate the western market which is insanely hard to do. Also their software needs a lot of work. Here's an example of their ADAS system smashing into walls and not lane keep at all. They also score poorly in official standardized tests.

BYD cars in Australia are not as low priced as your would expect.

They have no local service and delivery teams at this stage, and are contracting that out.

I am seeing a few BYD EVs driving around.

China is a much easier market for them.

They do seem to be going OK in Europe, I don't know how BYD is doing service and delivery in Europe.

I'm not very familiar with this RBC analyst, but he's quite bullish on Tesla. Nice to hear after the 15% slump since investor day.

I might not miss the old red! Looks fantastic 👌

This is the color I spotted in the Investor Day video and mentioned it a few pages back. It's gorgeous! I doesn't necessarily have to be a new shade of red which makes this pop but a new process which makes the paint look deep and rich. Either way, I love it.

Sooooo, was today's crash brought to you by inflation fears or by SVB's stock price crashing 60% during trading hours and another 20% AH due to liquidity crunch and now a possible run?

I don't think anyone here mentioned this little nugget of news today. 10 year crashed pretty substantially today due to this news.

Well BYD needs to first get their act together and actually penetrate the western market which is insanely hard to do. Also their software needs a lot of work. Here's an example of their ADAS system smashing into walls and not lane keep at all. They also score poorly in official standardized tests.

BYD is also forced to apologize to Tesla publically for fabricating and spreading misinformation regarding Teslas having either 'no brakes' or 'brake problems'.

Last edited:

From the Motley Fool(ish) :

"Tesla's Investor Day presentation earlier this month failed to live up to the hype, but the fast-growing automaker isn't going to slow down anytime soon. It expects to expand its production capacity to the point where it can deliver 85 million shiny new vehicles come 2030."

=====

85 million? If you ever needed any proof these people sleep through presentations like Investor Day...

Sooooo, was today's crash brought to you by inflation fears or by SVB's stock price crashing 60% during trading hours and another 20% AH due to liquidity crunch and now a possible run?

I don't think anyone here mentioned this little nugget of news today. 10 year crashed pretty substantially today due to this news.

Treasury yields started the drop early in the morning though, especially the shorter duration, when jobless claims came in higher. That’s likely also why stocks went from red in premarket the green shortly after open.

Treasuries dropping should be bullish for equities, maybe SVB was enough to take down everything despite that

From the Motley Fool(ish) :

"Tesla's Investor Day presentation earlier this month failed to live up to the hype, but the fast-growing automaker isn't going to slow down anytime soon. It expects to expand its production capacity to the point where it can deliver 85 million shiny new vehicles come 2030."

=====

85 million? If you ever needed any proof these people sleep through presentations like Investor Day...

If Tesla hits their goal of averaging 50% y/y growth until 2030, they will have delivered 85-90m vehicles cumulatively.

So at least they got that part right.

1.5 years after the start of production; GM is building 12, yes just TWELVE Hummers a day.

Elon could likely build more than that - himself personally, before lunch.

TL; DR: Mary continues to lead, and it continues to not matter.
Well, since legacy automotive are experts at scaling production (so we've been hearing for a decade), the only explanation is that they don't want to build more. Almost as if margins are lean to nonexistent. Shouldn't it be called beta-Hummer at those rates?

Well, since legacy automotive are experts at scaling production (so we've been hearing for a decade), the only explanation is that they don't want to build more. Almost as if margins are lean to nonexistent. Shouldn't it be called beta-Hummer at those rates?
Hah.

If Model 3 was "Production Hell" for 4-6 months and they still managed to produce 10s of thousands during that time—what is GM's status? Falling down all 666 layers of the abyss, smashing through the bottom of each one only to suffer through each of the 7 levels of hell? If only there was some sign they were climbing out of it. The smell of burning pensions is rather nauseating.

I'm saying putting 4x the resolution (really 4.5x) on the original 150m 50 degree FoV main camera gives it angular resolution that surpasses the original 250m 35 degree FoV narrow view camera.

And if they zoomed the main in slightly, it would be even finer.
View attachment 915564
And the new wide camera should have about the same range/Resolution as the old main camera.

Reactions: GSP and mongo
Hah.

If Model 3 was "Production Hell" for 4-6 months and they still managed to produce 10s of thousands during that time—what is GM's status? Falling down all 666 layers of the abyss, smashing through the bottom of each one only to suffer through each of the 7 levels of hell? If only there was some sign they were climbing out of it. The smell of burning pensions is rather nauseating.

This automotive veteran/investor/analcyst is convinced of the opposite...
He holds long positions in $GM because he believes GM will be a profitable leader in EV's
IMG_20220715_142220.jpg

Hmmm. I enjoy using FSD but it is making only tiny incremental improvements. Unless there is some massive fix coming up a real autonomous L4 is more than a decade away. Maybe two. It’s just not even close in any way shape or form. It’s fun to use but absolutely no where even close to being used unsupervised. It’s really just an entertainment feature for now and the foreseeable future.

Same as come to me summons. Cool trick but completely unuseable in the real world.
Just see again videos at the same time one year ago and tell me if it's tiny improvements !

Great thread and analysis by Joe anhillating the idea that inflation is raging.

In fact inflation as of now is quite tame in the U.S.

Vote for Joe for FED chair.

Up until now, the YoY inflation has been a comparison of prices after the start of Putin's war with those before the war began. As of the next CPI print, the prices now, which have been dropping steadily will be compared with the spiked prices after the start of Putin's war. Even an idiot like myself can make a logical deduction here on how CPI is going to pan out in the coming months

This was exacerbated further when the CPI folks changed their calculation method this year form a rolling 24 month comparison to 12 months, thus the inflated lock-down prices were removed from the equation making the CPI number higher than it would have been if the same algorithm had been used - everyone seems to have forgotten about this already

Of course Wall Street knows full well what's coming, but keep banging the "we're all gonna die, sell, sell, sell" drum, because they want your shares

This is my opinion, not advice, of course, I repeat that I'm an idiot, listen to me at your peril!

Yep. We are running FSD beta. Don’t get me wrong. It’s pretty cool. But if you think about it from a hands off approach it’s not even close. A 10 kilometre ride around town would rack up thousands of dollars of fines and puss off dozens of drivers. And yah 20 years is probably a stretch but I don’t think we’ll see any L4 capability in the next decade based on the tiny incremental improvements we are seeing now.

Again. JMHO.
What's the version number did you have 11.3 ?

- Tesla has approached 'Ronbay Technology' and 'Dongshan Precision' to cut material costs as it ramped up production of 4680 cells in the United States, sources say.
- If Tesla can solve performance and process problems and achieve its production goals, Musk's dream of producing 20 million cars a year by 2030 may overcome the bottleneck.
- Tesla is also expected to increase battery density of 4680 by signing a contract with South Korea's L&F to supply high-nickel anode materials.

Of course Wall Street knows full well what's coming, but keep banging the "we're all gonna die, sell, sell, sell" drum, because they want your shares

Speaking of 'bang the drum', the 2nd sure sign that Wallee is jonesing for your shares is the resurrection of long-dormant troll accounts. For example, one which first appeared years ago impersonating well-known TMC contributor "Fact Checking". Coincidence that this happened before the gig? Or part of the plan. Like-minded 'birds choose to believe.