Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love it! (Plus the Storage numbers of course)

1681935198622.png

$441m FCF??

Cap expenditures were high (probably due to the factories being built and ramping), that coupled with the price cuts likely hurt FCF quite a lot.

Still the report is mostly good, not as bad as I was expecting honestly. Everything here should improve as the year goes on. The market probably won't like this at all though, that hit to Op Margin will be a media talking point tomorrow.

They list FX as a headwind and I just don't get it. The dollar was weaker all throughout Q1 verses Q4. FX should have been a tailwind, not a headwind.
The * said it's compared to average rate Q1 2022. Looks like the Yuan was 6.34 per dollar from that Q and this Q it's 6.9 yuan per dollar.

Looks like we are still going to have a minor FX impact next earnings, and Q3 earnings will give us the FX tailwind.

Model 3 - costs 30% less to produce than in 2018.

Love it.
You and I must be reading different earnings lol.

Reading through the numbers, I'm struggling to see how Tesla is not achieving better efficiencies. Just a bleh earnings report. (I didn't think Q4's earnings were that great either 🥴 )

Yes I saw that slide.....what I'm saying is that reading through the other numbers, the business itself is not operating as efficiently as I would have expected and the economies of scale didn't materialize like I would have hoped for, given the ramp in production volume from Berlin and Austin as well as Lathrop.

Maybe everyone takes a few minutes to digest things and stop responding like WS because one number isn’t what you expected/wanted. Then take another few minutes to put all things into perspective and context; consider the macro environment and what’s been going on in the world. Then maybe wait a few more minutes to get clarifications from the ER call. Then comment after having full knowledge and understanding. Or don’t and look like a WS fool.

You and I must be reading different earnings lol.

Reading through the numbers, I'm struggling to see how Tesla is not achieving better efficiencies. Just a bleh earnings report. (I didn't think Q4's earnings were that great either 🥴 )
Yeah, was especially hoping Cost of Sales would be lower... not much different than Q4. Perhaps it went down during the quarter but not much.