Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If M3P had been the only version available when I bought mine, I would not have purchased. Less range, rougher ride, more expensive tires, higher insurance...uggh no thanks. I settled for AWD but would have preferred a LR RWD version had it been available. I don't understand why Tesla isn't offering a LR RWD or AWD LR version. It has to be hurting sales.
This may in part be due to battery cells, with the SR version using LFP, and 2170s making more money in performance versions, and perhaps in Model Ys.

if Tesla is able to ramp 4680 production, move all Model Ys to 4680s, and perhaps even support the use of 4680s for Model 3s then they can support more Model 3 variants. I think they are aware that a RWD LR would be popular.

60 minute TSLA chart indicates stock price could leap up any day now
NVDA just broke out today
$compq poised to take off
i am not interested in selling any calls at this time
sp could break out as early as tomorrow or anyday
very hard to know exactly when, but very very likely to go up pretty significantly
just my personal interpretation and i could be 100% wrong
not financial advice

View attachment 933698
My expectation is that on the final day before the stock price starts the escalator up is the market makers do a final price drop of a few dollars to take out the stop loss shares. This could be the $158.83 in your chart for today but there could be another similar 1 hour drop of a few more dollars coming soon which would be my guess.

Model Y price increase by $250 in US... also Model 3.

MiC Model 3 SR+ also coming to Canada. This should free up a significant number of 2170 cells for US-made LR Y (for which Tesla gets an IRA production credit of ~$1,450 per LR 2170-equipped car). Tesla could even resume producing 2170-based SR+ packs to receive production credits for the Bty Modules: (this would also make the 3 SR+ eligible once again for the full $7,500 IRA income tax credit)

Tesla also exporting Model 3 from China to Canada | Drive Tesla Canada (May 01, 2023)

Several posters are banking on the cybertruck selling in huge numbers. I didn't realize it is going to be the size of a Ford Raptor. Will that many people want a truck that size? I think the cybertruck will have a lot of cool features but I'm starting to wonder how many will be sold.
It's not quite as small as a Raptor-that's only got a 5' 5" bed. That turns off a lot of potential truck buyers, the ones that actually use one for work of any sort. Great toy for showing off with, but not really a working truck. Cybertruck has a good chance of being much more functional. And with the short front, the OAL may be no longer, meaning parking lots won't be a PITA, especially with 4-wheel steering. The other big CT advantage-the short, sloping hood means someone driving it off road will actually be able to see the road in front of them, especially when cresting hills. Most modern pickups are not very functional for off-road use for that reason. That same feature also makes it much safer in urban areas. With the tall hoods of most pickups, seeing shorter pedestrians is a problem.

Last edited:

I do think Tesla should raise prices in a few weeks which actually causes more buying. Just like stocks, people want the rock bottom prices so they wait..until price goes up and then they fomo in.
Right on cue. Tesla have used this tactic for Q1 as well, setting a "bottom price" giving people the signal that it's time to buy.

If true, this is a weird amount by which to increase price. It’s like when you’re trying to bluff but you only raise a dollar.
It almost looks like they were performing systems identification before by doing larger adjustment with heaviside step changes. Imo the most logical explanation, which Ross et al hates, is that Tesla knows what they are doing, have more data than we do and are using autobidder technology to figure out their ideal prices. And they do this taking into account everything costs, production, estimated demand at every price level, from future holidays, future tax incentives, future price changes etc.

Imo the default hypothesis should not be "Tesla did something, what they did was stupid and will hurt the value of the company", but instead "Tesla has all the data and a history of acting intelligently, if they decide to do something, then they did it for good reasons".

Last edited:
MiC Model 3 SR+ also coming to Canada.

The Model 3 SR+ was discontinued a long time ago... There is a Model 3 RWD, is that what you are talking about? I think so but can't be sure:

This should free up a significant number of 2170 cells for US-made LR Y
How will that free up any 2170 cells? The Model 3 RWD uses LFP cells from China...

Both vehicles being imported into Canada, Model 3/Y RWD, use LFP packs, so it won't increase 2170 cell availability at all. However, it does free up production capacity in Fremont.

If true, this is a weird amount by which to increase price. It’s like when you’re trying to bluff but you only raise a dollar.
How many people "wish" they bought at the bottom after a green day even though it's probably not the bottom? People has no idea what the peak or the bottom is, but just look at indicators as if they mean anything but in reality they mean nothing. The correct answer is to buy a Tesla when you are ready to, not to time the market. Every inventory chart points to a price drop, and yet we have a price increase.

Threads of the day:
Tesla Solar Roof Orlando development
Tesla Litigation Department 998 tastes sweet
Artificial Intelligence Google's Hinton leaves due to risks to humanity

Just in from Papafox:
Biggest Tesla news for Monday is a $250 price increase on Model Y and Model 3, according to Reuters. Personally, I don't see evidence of too many orders and too long a wait to take delivery. Instead, I think Tesla is just sending a message, "don't just wait for the next price cut, the price might be going up instead." Such a signal might be particularly important in China, where buyers in the past gamed the end of quarter price cut routine and tend to be very ready to anticipate the next price move. This increase throws a question mark into the calculations, which is good for Tesla.

Wondering if the market will react positively on Tuesday to the small hike.