Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy carp.

can you imagine the headlines if this was Tesla.

I want Tesla to do what is needed to make Tesla like Toyota in this respect - not give huge incentive for people to go after Tesla. If you need to place ads in the media to buy their silence … just do it.

Unless actual theft of code occurred, I think this should be viewed more as a positive for FSD than a negative against Li Auto, as it indicates that the way FSD presents information is more or less an ideal concept (or as close as we've found so far), and therefore, everything should look evolve to look like FSD, following the leader.

My interpretation: The current S/X is about three years old now. It probably won’t be long anymore before the next refresh is here. Not worth the effort anymore to set up RHD production for the current version.
I agree, especially if the refreshed version makes switching between LHD and RHD easier.

Any car that could be operated as a Robotaxi, without a wheel and pedals, should be easier to covert.

In the meantime, an enterprising business could import LHD Model S/X and convert them to RHD for resale, not sure how difficult that is, but it is possible.

I also wonder about how many RHD orders Tesla had, everyone who had an order was disappointed. But how many orders are there in total? In Australia, Model 3/Y are now being purchased by customers who previously could purchase a Model S/X 75D. Model S/X are great cars, but are expensive here. If orders only totalled a few hundred, or a few thousand, it might not be worth grinding though regulatory approvals.

If homologation needs to be repeated in a few years time, for a refreshed model, that is even more reason to wait and do it once.

Perhaps there are reasons why Tesla doesn't want to explain the reasoning behind the delay.

Last edited:
I want Tesla to do what is needed to make Tesla like Toyota in this respect - not give huge incentive for people to go after Tesla. If you need to place ads in the media to buy their silence … just do it.
Tesla's enemies have billions to burn on just attacking Tesla and stalling the inevitable. Would you rather Tesla expend that much on competing to buy the love of the literati (well actually the illiterati) or on engineering the death of the fossil cabal? I'll take saving the world over giving the MM a few less options to manipulate TSLA.

Tesla's enemies have billions to burn on just attacking Tesla and stalling the inevitable. Would you rather Tesla expend that much on competing to buy the love of the literati (well actually the illiterati) or on engineering the death of the fossil cabal? I'll take saving the world over giving the MM a few less options to manipulate TSLA.
But your statement is based on a conspiracy theory.

I think a strategic information campaign would be useful - esp now that Musk can get expert advice from the new TwittCEO.

I think 168.

Missed it by that much. ;)

Missed it.png

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-05-12.png

Cheers to the T/As!

There are no positive catalysts for TSLA anymore, there are only neutral and negative catalysts! :p

Say that after the Daily Short Volume report comes out from FINRA. Today was a surprise for MMs, who reacted violently by selling (shorting) between 40-60M shares of TSLA. They have their minds (and bank accounts) set on making TSLA ride any descending curve they can latch onto. Today, (if fact the past 6 sessions) that was the the Middle Bollinger Band: (see dashed-red curve in the chart below)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2023-05-12.22-00.png

He never hid it. The question was if it was too taxing for Elon to oversee Tesla.

When "Monty" (Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery) was transferred from N. Africa to oversee the D-Day invasion in France, a reporter asked him if he was up to the task.

Monty told him simply, "More resources, larger staff, higher priority logistics, OPERATION OVERLORD (the Invasion of Normandy) should be significantly EASIER." :D

It was not too much as Tesla is as strong as ever. The 'Media' wanted the mob to think media way.

Information warfare is part of PsyOps. The Wall St Journal is their lead Battalion. Their role is to attack, undermine, and erode the morale of their oppostion, with the intention of making them capitulate. Then they pretend it was your idea, and congratulate you for making a good decision.

This is who you are facing, even when they're not in plain sight.

Don't let them win.

I disagree. Buying ads to "buy their silence" is the same as caving to a spoiled child every time they throw a temper tantrum. It's wrong-and rewards bad behavior, and also prevents the media from learning from their childish attacks and growing up.

OT: Almost all Americans are confused about the differences between UK, GB, and England. I'm still trying to grasp the relationship between the "members" of the UK. My understanding at this point is that's it lies somewhere between the states of the US and the countries of the EU.
Although I'm an "American" who is only partly Scots-Irish-English via DNA (with a personal proclivity
for single-malt whisky [oops, sans 'e' in whisky, gave that away]), the absolutely most amazing,
jaw-dropping, high-speed "what is the UK?" explainer video remains:

by CGP Grey. It is nonpareil in its explanatory power of the British Isles and beyond, clocking
in at only 5 minutes, less time than for most any FSDb video, in either right- or left-hand drive form.

Although I'm an "American" who is only partly Scots-Irish-English via DNA (with a personal proclivity
for single-malt whisky [oops, sans 'e' in whisky, gave that away]), the absolutely most amazing,
jaw-dropping, high-speed "what is the UK?" explainer video remains:

by CGP Grey. It is nonpareil in its explanatory power of the British Isles and beyond, clocking
in at only 5 minutes, less time than for most any FSDb video, in either right- or left-hand drive form.
Copied here for future discussion:
Brexit
Remembering that Wales is a thing and has it's own parliament is gonna blow your minds.

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and unk45