Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a huge fan of the cybertruck design. I saw the OG in NY during SNL. The current truck looks great however the front end isn’t as nice and it looks like the front end is too short visually. This will grow on me. I still love it. I’m just saying that it’s not a “it just looks weird in photos” thing. Can’t wait to get one. I’m def not TSLAQ. 😂
IMG_4729.jpeg

Just a reminder on an event day.

Don't expect any big reveals. Very likely nothing but crumbs.

Seems like someone comes out of every event complaining. Most companies shareholder's meetings do little to nothing for the stock. No reason to expect anything big today.
I think Tesla may rally tomorrow if Elon doesn't announce he is stepping down as CEO. The reason why the stock has been under performing is because of all the rumors and speculations.

IMO Elon wouldn't step down until Tesla becomes bigger than Apple and Armaco combined. That's his vision and it's what he is trying to push for at least.

I think Tesla may rally tomorrow if Elon doesn't announce he is stepping down as CEO. The reason why the stock has been under performing is because of all the rumors and speculations.

IMO Elon wouldn't step down until Tesla becomes bigger than Apple and Armaco combined. That's his vision and it's what he is trying to push for at least.
Up 2.5% and then finishing the day red.

And yes I'm bitter.

The rumor of Elon stepping down from CEO started a few days ago. Stock underperforming has been much longer than that.

Seems like someone comes out of every event complaining. Most companies shareholder's meetings do little to nothing for the stock. No reason to expect anything big today.
I'm looking forward to the nun complaining they don't do what she says even though the impact report shows them doing exactly what she asks every year

I get aero is the reason why it now have a big flaccid hanging butt and a big chin at the front, but those will hurt off road performance quite a bit due to lower approach and departure angle

The first prototypes looked so much better due to that

Not sure what you're seeing...
Original Prototype:
02_Desktop.jpg

From today (via the video posted above)
1684264838375.png

I know the camera angles are slightly off...but are you just complaining about the height-wise "thickness" of the black bumpers front and rear? You're probably right that's for aero, and probably also crash/compatibility regulations. Just about every factory-truck on the market has similar metal and plastic bits nowadays, likely also for aero and crash compatibility.

For off-roading: aren't the front and rear bumpers like the first and easiest thing off-roaders replace to enhance their angles? Looks like those off-roady tube bumpers are a few hundred dollars online. Such a low-cost and probably easy DIY makes sense as an after-market replacement rather than making every Cybertruck have the worse aero (range, noise) and crash performance.

(edited for type-o's)

If this is the only “news” coming out of the event, I seriously doubt there will be a rally of any significance. Maybe we’ll set a 2 month high, but that’s nothing to get excited over.

Original Prototype:
02_Desktop.jpg

View attachment 938291

I know the camera angles are slightly off...but are you just complaining about the height-wise "thickness" of the black bumpers front and rear? You're probably right that's for aero, and probably also crash/compatibility regulations. Just about every factory-truck on the market has similar metal and plastic bits nowadays, likely also for aero and crash compatibility.

For off-roading: aren't the front and rear bumpers like the first and easiest thing off-roaders replace to enhance their angles? Looks like those off-roady tube bumpers are a few hundred dollars online. Such a low-cost and probably easy DIY makes sense as an after-market replacement rather than making every Cybertruck have the worse aero (range, noise) and crash performance.

(edited for type-o's)
Pictures are helpful!
Thank you.

What are they still hiding on CyberTruck that they have to build a large platform around to keep people that far away? Something's up.

:D
:rolleyes:

Looks to me like everybody is too polite to step up onto the terrace. With no guarding ropes I would have stepped up! :cool:

I'm certain there is no big news or reveal or aliens landing. But the real news will be what is the pathway to 20 million cars-- both production and delivery. Will there be more factories d/t logistics? It takes time to build and spool a factory. And are the solar roof tiles an OEM for new home construction?

TSLA current action fairly similar to fall 2019 action
here is the underlying psychology: TSLA bottomed in January, 2023 at $101.81
then promptly ran up more than 2X within 6 weeks
since then simply consolidating around 50 day SMA and below 200 day SMA
happens to every single stock that goes on to double or triple within next 6 months and then 10X to 20 X over next 2 to 3 years and 30 to 40 X over next 5 to 10 years
and eventually another 70 to 100X over next 20 years
i've seen this movie so many times, over and over again since 1998
wake me up when it's time

oh! not investment advice
don't blame me if TSLA goes down to $69.69 over next 20 years

Original Prototype:
02_Desktop.jpg

View attachment 938291

(edited for type-o's)
They look so much the same to me…unlike the other manufacturers whose concept cars look very different than their production. Here's GMs concept of the Chevrolet Volt!

Was:
IMG_0145.jpeg

Is:
IMG_0146.jpeg

Original Prototype:
02_Desktop.jpg

View attachment 938291

(edited for type-o's)
Black bumper, they stretched it quite father down

Same on the rear, they have a huge diffuser now

1684267434066.png