Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel sorry for people who spend their hard earned money on markedly inferior EVs, e.g. MACH Es, vs Teslae just because they don't approve of the CEOs politics and are triggered by what they perceive that some others may think of them.
If I behaved that way I would never watch another Hollywood movie or TV show again. Then again, upon further reflection, maybe that is the right way to go. :)

I actually really really appreciate Elon very much and realize that all people are a mixed bag. But as a person who attends EV events often and has never paid for Supercharging due to so many Tesla referrals, I have to agree with you. I hear from people often, practically daily, that Elon’s statements how steered them to other EVs. It swayed my sister and her best 2 friends into other cars.
I completely disagree with the person that buy a car if someone is CEO or not you didn't buy a car for is CEO but for best security and reliable or because you like it. If you buy only if the CEO you are stupid more than comments of Elon.

Wow, missing the point entirely.

Public company C-suite executives have a fiduciary responsibility.

Many, like us, make MAJOR investments based on expectations of proper behavior . . . and when unhinged commentary damages our investment, AND THE MISSION, it's grounds for discussion here, and action by the BoD.

This is what can happen when CEO's behave irresponsibly:

Really? I thought that Public Company C-executives, whatever that means, have the responsibility not to kill us left and right with the products they make and their poisonous by-products to list just a small example.

About TSLA Pilot losing in the 7 figures, I totally believe him. I lost since Twitter acquisition ( Twitter and rants may not be the reason, but the timing is there) in the 7 figures more times over than I want to even think about.
Well, for the stats to work in general, there is a need for the existence of bad investors too.

I have personally lost 7 figures in $TSLA alone as well over the last 1.5 years. I knew what the risks were when investing and was ok with the short term gyrations. When the macros get better and in 2-3 more years, ask yourself who will be the best positioned company to dominate every industry it has its hands in right now?

Long term, Tesla wins and it will not be even close.

JMO of course, NFA :)
I see this posted a lot lately....my question is how did you get to 7 figures....was it your hard work....sleeping at a factory somewhere?

Or did you click a few buttons on a computer?

Full disclosure, I "lost" over 5 million since we were at an all-time high....still have enough to sit around all day and chuckle at some keyboard warriors venting...whatever they vent.

Repeated warning to NOT engage in short term gambling fell on my deaf ears, causing several margin calls in the last couple of years.

My core holdings remain locked up tight....now I just HODL and wait for the inevitable rise.
It is the way....advise.

edit: Not directed at you @M|S|M MYP

Last edited:
I completely disagree with the person that buy a car if someone is CEO or not you didn't buy a car for is CEO but for best security and reliable or because you like it. If you buy only if the CEO you are stupid more than comments of Elon.
I agree with you completely. But I was only reporting what I have seen.

I suggest if TSLA wants to run in the morning because of the excellent annual meeting, MMs will try to keep TSLA below 175, and they'd rather tie their grandmothers to a railroad track rather than allow TSLA to exceed 180 this week.
I love this post from Papafox (in his thread). It is an excellent prediction for today's SP activity.

I actually really really appreciate Elon very much and realize that all people are a mixed bag. But as a person who attends EV events often and has never paid for Supercharging due to so many Tesla referrals, I have to agree with you. I hear from people often, practically daily, that Elon’s statements how steered them to other EVs. It swayed my sister and her best 2 friends into other cars.
Great! Other OEMs need people to buy their EVs and since those OEMs can’t apparently sell their own cars on their own, Tesla will do that for them too.

People are always on here claiming Tesla can’t do it all themselves, that other OEMs need to survive.

So there you have it; Tesla sells their own EVs and everyone elses too. Win, win. What are you complaining about!?

Great! Other OEMs need people to buy their EVs and since those OEMs can’t apparently sell their own cars on their own, Tesla will do that for them too.

People are always on here claiming Tesla can’t do it all themselves, that other OEMs need to survive.

So there you have it; Tesla sells their own EVs and everyone elses too. Win, win. What are you complaining about!?
Nice to see your thinking like a dog.

Fortunately, the sales numbers support how this vocal segment isn't as significant an issue as some believe it to be.

These voices against Elon may lead anyone less versed in employing logic and the scientific method to accept this rhetoric as if it were demonstrating fact. The numbers say otherwise.

And you will continue losing money if that’s your understanding of TSLA stock price. TSLA is down due to macro events. All growth stocks are down. Indeed it has outperformed the Nasdaq over the past several years (depends on your starting date). It certainly isn’t down due to Elons tweets.

The reason they left is because is low quality posts and noise. The last high quality poster who left explicitly stated that was the reason for leaving. If you want to stay abreast of actual TSLA news, just follow Sawyer Merit on Twitter. I’m actually not sure what the point of this particular forum is anymore.
I’ve found that typical of forums where the information is new to me. I’ll read it voraciously, then begin interacting all the while absorbing a ton knowledge. At some point, I crest my own personal S-curve and move on.

I’ve been through that with luxury watches, digital photography, and vintage bicycles. Tesla, TSLA and you guys have held my interest longer.

I disagree with the notion Tesla "can't" do it all alone. I feel they can, it's just not an optimal scenario for the world. I do feel many current auto makers will not survive the EV transition though, they just aren't moving fast enough to keep up, and their ICE infrastructure will soon be a ball and chain around their ankles in the ocean. IMHO. :cool:

So many people said they won't buy a Tesla because of Elon. One guy had a Mach E there. He also owns a Y which he had before the Ford that his wife drives. They love the Y, and prefer it to the Mach E but he said he couldn't buy another Tesla because of Musk. It's real. Many people are just tired and upset of the insanity and buy something else despite knowing the Tesla is the better option.
You act like the advertising-driven media plays zero role in creating "the insanity" 🤣

It's a constant fight against Tesla, and currently the media don't have a lot of ammo to work with. There are too few car fires, too few deaths, too few crashes, the software isn't dreadful, the charging network works, sales are consistently up, cars make profit, owners love their cars. I heard Dan "I am short TSLA" Nathan complain about the "corporate governance" yesterday... no actual details or facts to back it up. How are the media supposed to slow the company down and help out their advertisers? Giving crap like the Hummer EV glowing reviews isn't enough. Reviewing every other brand and pretend Tesla doesn't exist isn't enough. So they turn on the idiosyncratic genius boss, whose other companies happen to be doing fine as well, so there's really nothing to go on except criticise that he is a free speaker and speaks his mind...? That's all they got? Sign me up

Funny how many seems to want to forget that Elon sold 40 or 50 billion dollars of stock causing a huge drop in price. The effect of Elon’s sales to get enough $ for his Twitter fiasco was well documented by both Dave Lee and Rob Maurer. Stock price dropping literally the next day after the sale. Oh yea Elon did say he’d make it up.. yea right.Also amazing how people justify all this price on MY, MS etc. changing as good management.

His politicizing of Tesla is disgusting. When an idiot basketball player does something stupid like wave a gun, folks want to supend him. ASnd his actions were not on the court or even in an arena. When Elon does things outside of Tesla that affects tesla … well it’s ok and we’ll pretend it doesn’t affect the company. You can try to underplay the fact that many will not buy a tesla product or in my case another as long as he there. Just keep that head in the sand. Meanwhile where is our stock price? About $100 lower than it should be.

Fortunately, the sales numbers support how this vocal segment isn't as significant an issue as some believe it to be.

These voices against Elon may lead anyone less versed in employing logic and the scientific method to accept this rhetoric as if it were demonstrating fact. The numbers say otherwise.
Impossible to say that considering the sizable price drops combined with new subsidies. If you drop prices low enough you will find buyers no matter what. It's also impossible to quantify the other side of the argument as you can't easily separate macro worries/rates etc.
That’s not actually what he said nor implied. Not even close.
I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. It's clear.

“I’ll say what I want, and if the consequence of that is losing money, so be it.”

I feel sorry for people who spend their hard earned money on markedly inferior EVs, e.g. MACH Es, vs Teslae just because they don't approve of the CEOs politics and are triggered by what they perceive that some others may think of them.
If I behaved that way I would never watch another Hollywood movie or TV show again. Then again, upon further reflection, maybe that is the right way to go. :)
Well, that steering is not a bad thing. It rewards critical thinkers with driving better cars, and it encourages legacy car makers to satisfy the remaining demand instead of giving up.

Also it never is one size fits all, some people have a different preference set and variety is the spice of life anyways

Your “pity” is besides the point. It’s their money to spend as they see fit. And trust me, their dollar is just as green as yours.

The CEOs of other car companies have political views as well. They just choose not to be vocal about them on Twitter because being a political commentator is fundamentally incompatible with being the CEO of a public company.

Elon will never change. Odds are he will get much worse as he gets older. He is already flirting with anti-semitism and racism and carrying water for Putin. At this point, every Tesla investor needs to accept Elon for who he is or sell.

Elon was very clear, he cares about his ability to discuss politics more than shareholders.

My take was different.

I heard him say that he won't be bullied or pushed around and feels that the risk for personal harm is a small price to pay in order to speak his mind. What he was clear about is that sometimes he might be wrong. He also has no problem owning up when he realizes his mistakes.

The thing I like best about Elon is that he doesn't pull punches or tiptoe around an issue trying to determine what everyone else wants him to say. He is steadfast and never requires you to read between the lines.

Last edited: