Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GM Quietly Builds Shiny Tesla Killers​

The legacy carmaker launches an electric version of the iconic Cadillac Escalade.

Chief Executive Jim Farley is never shy about taunting Tesla CEO Elon Musk on social media. It's something of a game between the two bosses.

Last year, Tesla (TSLA) - was by far the leading seller of electric vehicles in the U.S., followed by Ford (F) - The American electric-car landscape seems as if it's Tesla, Ford and the rest.

And yet -- a third actor continues to quietly align his pawns.

https://www.thestreet.com/technolog...sla-killers?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

Time to go all in on GM Or F 😊
5 of these will be delivered by 2025

Edit: I was fact checked below.... apparently 5 is a stretch
Thank you for the correction!

Last edited:

The legacy carmaker launches an electric version of the iconic Cadillac Escalade.

Chief Executive Jim Farley is never shy about taunting Tesla CEO Elon Musk on social media. It's something of a game between the two bosses.

Last year, Tesla (TSLA) - was by far the leading seller of electric vehicles in the U.S., followed by Ford (F) - The American electric-car landscape seems as if it's Tesla, Ford and the rest.

https://www.thestreet.com/technolog...sla-killers?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

I think Farley and Musk have a friendly competition. Ford just made a series of posts on Twitter highlighting all the Myriad ways they are emulating Tesla. They didn’t put it quite that obviously, but they did come quite close:

“To deliver world class quality in every segment we compete. And to close the cost gap to the best in our industry. And to do that we’ve launched a lean, disciplined, operating system. That reaches into every plant, every part we buy, every engineer that releases a part.” -Farley

It’s a pretty good thread. Though a bit pie in the sky, at least it suggests that Ford’s leadership’s head is in the right direction. Whether they will be able to execute on it is another question.

PS: Not recommending you invest in Ford at all here.

Your copy past is wrong

It’s A version, as in they will make one

US gas Escalade sales hit a new peak of 40,504 in 2021.

I have to laugh every time I see the stuff Elon does labeled as this

Seems like a pre compiled answer sent out to NPCs to answer

"No, but what exactly he do?" "It's his antics"

You never get an specific answer
Please don't make us make a list. It's not on topic here.
If you really followed Musk on Twitter (Tweets AND all replies) you would have noticed.

My problem is that for Tesla people link the CEO actions to their purchase

But not for other companies

For example, would I ever buy something from Toyota or VW? Hell no, but because their lobbying effort agains EV and Diesel Gate respectively, stuff directly done by the company and the ones on top

Now, would I buy something from GM (well, actually no but let’s pretend I would lol) yes, Mary Bara could buy Instagram, post her nudes there which is completely agains my values (it isn’t, but again, just to make a point, not that I want Mary nudes, guess I’m digging myself into a hole here)

Another, I would love to get a Rivian while CT doesn’t arrive, it could get out that RJ hunts Whinie the Poo in his free time, which I’m against, but I would still get one without thinking twice

We see the same with Amazon, “Bezos is evil and torture his employees” and people say that while clicking checkout on their Amazon cart

The nice thing is is that this virtue signaling of not buying a Tesla got reduced a lot once the price cuts hit, guess everyone Good Samaritan stance has a price
I kinda agree with your point but everybody would care about Barra and Bezos if Barra and Bezos incessantly "exposed" themselves as Elon does.
I'm not even judging Elon's politics, just assessing he's the most followed person on Twitter and he even bought it.
All he does now is public (as a VIP), and he really likes not to hide his opinions about anything. He always liked trolling and stirring the pot.

Reactions: EverettRuess
I kinda agree with your point but everybody would care about Barra and Bezos if Barra and Bezos incessantly "exposed" themselves as Elon does.
I'm not even judging Elon's politics, just assessing he's the most followed person on Twitter and he even bought it.
All he does now is public (as a VIP), and he really likes not to hide his opinions about anything. He always liked trolling and stirring the pot.
I suggest the 5% anti-Elonites go here for further discussion:

Elon & Twitter

Another significant milestone that will be recorded in the history books but not the media.

I am one version below that with my Model 3 in Germany - very much hope that with only one software thread, this means I am only one update away from having the same performance on the features that overlap between FSD beta and the AP software I have now (better lane changes, smoother handling of cars parked on the road, better lane keeping on city streets etc)! I would guess we´d have the same firmware as for FSD beta, but with the not-yet legal features switched off. And a year from now when regulation catches up... Maybe...

I think Farley and Musk have a friendly competition. Ford just made a series of posts on Twitter highlighting all the Myriad ways they are emulating Tesla. They didn’t put it quite that obviously, but they did come quite close:

It’s a pretty good thread. Though a bit pie in the sky, at least it suggests that Ford’s leadership’s head is in the right direction. Whether they will be able to execute on it is another question.

PS: Not recommending you invest in Ford at all here.

Seems to me like Ford is trying to emulate Tesla in many ways, and honestly that's not a bad EV strategy. :cool:

I am one version below that with my Model 3 in Germany - very much hope that with only one software thread, this means I am only one update away from having the same performance on the features that overlap between FSD beta and the AP software I have now (better lane changes, smoother handling of cars parked on the road, better lane keeping on city streets etc)! I would guess we´d have the same firmware as for FSD beta, but with the not-yet legal features switched off. And a year from now when regulation catches up... Maybe...
Fat chance of that happening. I have been begging Elon on twitter to port FSD code over to NoA.