Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This here. Despite the doomer headlines this is like QE, where government is spending as usual without draining that money by issuing debt. They're raiding the couch and spending it.

The coffers will be refilled once the ceiling is raised. That will be like QT on steroids. Not looking forward to when the ceiling will be lifted. Markets won't be happy beyond the initial euphoria.
On the flip side, there's lots of cash waiting on the sidelines to get back into the markets. Dovish FOMC, end of rate hikes in sight, debt-ceiling lifted, that money will come flooding back in...

Good promotional action by Tesla today here in The Netherlands.
As a Tesla owner I have been given the opportunity to invite 5 persons (family, friends) to have a 24-hour test drive in a Model 3 or Model Y.
Guess this has been sent out wide to a lot of Tesla owners here.
And... my 5 invites are already out.

View attachment 940710
Given the earlier conversation from last night and this morning; I find this hilarious.

On a more somber note; definitely a demand problem.

Anyone know how to force the FSD beta update? My car shows the toggle; but it’s greyed out. I’ve been on Wi-Fi most of the time, and I switched my software download setting to advanced to get the most current update ASAP.
Unfortunately, I’ll need to cancel the subscription by tonight in order to not get charged; I reached out to them, but no one has responded.
I was really hoping THIS would be the moment; but perhaps just a bit premature.
Sadly the NOA and basic FSD is essentially worthless as they’ve abandoned it to work on the beta builds.

Sorry mods; perhaps this belongs in the FSD thread; but it’s so toxic there that I rarely visit.
Disregard. It’s downloading now. Will advise.

Looks like the debt crisis issue has got the markets scared now, everything is dipping today.
Would this be the same ‘scared’ market that was not scared of a $1 Trillion budget for the military industrial complex and then spending another $200 Billion for Ukraine’? - and the same ‘scared’ market that rallied jubilantly when a $4.2 Trillion redistribution of wealth was passed a couple years ago?

When someone figures out what this market is actually scared of besides the potential that someone might shut down the printing press long enough for the rest of us to realize that it never needs to be turned back on if we put sustainability and people in front of unrestrained profiteering…please let me know. Otherwise it doesn’t seem like much more than just another reason for that same market to cancel a good rally before the options market ran too far away from them.

NVDA looks like the old TSLA - cool tech stock, high P/E, big up moves, FOMO, good option premiums… 😞

Difference is that instead of making better products cheaper, they are now making worse products more expensive

Maybe when market realizes that the Model 3 LR has less range than the previous one it will make Tesla skyrocket

Last edited:
NVIDIA automotive segment grew 114% YoY to $296million revenue, BYD extending its use of Drive Orin across new models -- this is also the system Mercedes implements in its advanced cruise control and much-chided Level 3 Traffic Jam system.

But of course Tesla also uses NVIDIA's hardware for training FSD