Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fw8Mc_hXsAMzZpt

Disregard. It’s downloading now. Will advise.
Good night nurse! 🤯

I don’t care how many FSD beta videos you watch; it doesn’t feel the same until you actually experience it.

I’m blown away; our first drive was zero intervention 40 minute round trip through Bay Area rush hour.

Apologies for the primitive camera work and the stream of consciousness commentary. I just had to share; it’s my “video or it didn’t happen”.

It’s absolutely unbelievable to me that a software update could turn my 4 year old car autonomous. All the dumb random autopilot fails were immediately a distant memory. Gonna be hard to go back to my old dumb software; I may just need to keep it. DEFINITELY getting FSD on my cyber nota truck.

My wife can be a pretty tough crowd, and even she commented that it’s something she wouldn’t have believed without seeing it for herself!

Good night nurse! 🤯

I don’t care how many FSD beta videos you watch; it doesn’t feel the same until you actually experience it.

I’m blown away; our first drive was zero intervention 40 minute round trip through Bay Area rush hour.

Apologies for the primitive camera work and the stream of consciousness commentary. I just had to share; it’s my “video or it didn’t happen”.

It’s absolutely unbelievable to me that a software update could turn my 4 year old car autonomous. All the dumb random autopilot fails were immediately a distant memory. Gonna be hard to go back to my old dumb software; I may just need to keep it. DEFINITELY getting FSD on my cyber nota truck.

My wife can be a pretty tough crowd, and even she commented that it’s something she wouldn’t have believed without seeing it for herself!

When Tesla provides a free month of fsd and people have this same experience what percentage of people are going to opt-in to $199/month subscription? There's something like 1M teslas in the US and if 50% took this up that's about $1B in extra profit annually?

And that's just the tip of the fsd iceberg. Sure it wont be straight up for TSLA, but I'm comfortably all-in on Tesla. Futures looking great.

Don't buy the car...someone else surely will.

Not a problem for Tesla...and if/ when it becomes one they will change.
Why are 2 trolls taking up page after page in this forum with complete and utter nonsense. I have the trolls 🧌 on ignore and can't scroll fast enough because someone else is busy giving them a WWF Smackdown.
While I do appreciate a good kick in the nuts to a deserving troll, I remember the days when constant and obvious trolling got you banned. Mods, we appreciate all you do.
Please go back to banning the new member or 20 something post member, or at least warn them. Thanks in advance.

@Unpilot I am definitely not referring to you.

Last edited:
Dry Electrode Lithium Doping Process // 'New' Tesla Patent | The Limiting Factor w. Jordan Giesige (1 hr ago)

Hopefully Jordan does a follow up video on this closely related patent:-

Then if we consider wiring harness patents there are also plenty of them:-

Tesla is patenting a lot of stuff and not many people know much about it.

The patents we know about might only be a subset of the number of patents they have filed.

Jordan and Munro are not going to run of of material for new videos anytime soon.

To be fair, Alaska has 14,336 miles of public roads. Texas has 683,533. Alaska has a population of 732,673 people. Texas is just shy of 30,000,000.

Of course Elon also said this... in October 2018-

It's now ~3-6 (well, ~4.5 so right in the middle) years, not months, later and the "aim" remains unfulfilled.
Yeah, obviously Alaska is a tiny market. Moreover, with an abundance of charging opportunities and good service, we would lose a little more of the feeling of being pioneers!
Still the primary reason for the post was to show that this low density hasn't stopped the non-supercharger fast-charging network from expanding to cover the distances pretty well. Folks that receive new cars up here without CCS adapter support should be immediately serviced! A nice gesture of recognition would be to have cars sold to Alaska come with a free CCS adapter, as well as the hardware to support it!

Last edited:
Because it did for Amazon for nearly 10 years? Hell Amazon's earnings this year and for 2022 are a dumpster fire compared to what they did in 2021 or even 2020 and yet Amazon still has a TTM PE of 277 today.......277.

Because it did for Nvidia over the past 6 months even though Nvidia's earnings were garbage until this latest one?

As for Tesla's Q2 earnings, I guess you conveniently only recall any and every price cut and disregard the price hikes Tesla has made multiple times so far this quarter. But I guess because analyst's say.... 🙃
To be fair, Amazon had a particularly bad last 12 months, but until then was actually still growing net income. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting anyone sell TSLA to buy AMZN :D but... the P/E situation for them suggests that investors think the last year was an anomaly and it will return to growth.

The big difference is products. Tesla clearly has a bunch of new products about to come out, and is actively accelerating. Amazon looks out of ideas and tired, and the founder has already moved on.

Quoting net income on a company re-investing in itself to build 3 Gigafactories, 2 Megafactories, a massive supercharger network, and deep deep R&D to try to sell your take as a company slowing down is disingenuous. It's a flat out lie.
If I recall correctly, Tesla has never spent so much in building infrastructure for future growth like it's doing right now.

Funny I'm labeled a bear. I said nothing of $TSLA. Just giving my situation of living 2 hours (4-hr round trip) from nearest service and why that's bad for future sales. I owned Lexus for over a decade prior to Tesla, but I had Toyota 20 minutes away for service. Mobile service was only offered to me once when I first purchased in 2018 and the dude showed up in cargo shorts and a t-shirt. My last 2 service trips required me to travel as mobile wasn't able to handle the issue, or isn't available. Who knows with Telsa. I see dozens every day, so I bet many will be upset when they do need service and have to drive 4 hours.
What does that have to do with anything?

Bear arguments are fine when they add to the debate, but you're just trolling

^ good middle ground between steering wheel and yoke.
Looks fugly IMO and loses the utility of either. Wheel is good because it slides through the fingers and can be grabbed predictably at all angles of steering. Yoke is good because you can hook you thumb over the horn, making one-handed driving very relaxing. This achieves neither. YMMV

You do realize that literally thousands and thousands and thousands of people NEVER test drove the Tesla they bought. That there was a time ZERO test drives were available.

Now, I understand you need to have one and I understand you’re bent out of shape because Tesla doesn’t act like a 100 year old OEM. Hint: Tesla will NEVER act in that manner no matter how angry you get about it. Buy your next vehicle with that in mind.
Heck, I once bought a car (pre-Tesla) and had never even seen a picture.