Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could end up being like bank ATMs. Example: at Tesla Superchargers, Tesla drivers pay the basic rate/kWh and non-Tesla drivers pay an additional $0.01/kWh. If Ford pays to deploy its own Superchargers (which I'm sure it will... with parts from Tesla, to start), Tesla+Aptera drivers pay the $0.01/kWh extra but Ford drivers pay their basic rate.

IIRC Tesla already has a revenue sharing agreement with the property owners for superchargers. Ford has a lot of land and stealerships . . .

Well that didn't take long...

Roflmao!!!

IIRC, only V3 superchargers are capable of the CCS protocol to communicate with EVs. V3 can also communicate with Tesla's proprietary protocol, which is needed for older Tesla's that are not CCS capable. V2 superchargers only have Tesla's proprietary protocol, IIRC.
There are V2 Superchargers in Europe/UK that are open and speak CCS. So I'm not sure if all V2s can, or if they would just need upgrading.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
that toxic little concoction of TSLL and December 2025 $390 calls on margin that I brewed working just fine
Let’s see how rest of the day goes
Not financial advice
I appreciated you sharing your concoction and I did look and was admittedly tempted. But, I don't trust I can outsmart the pirates that have demonstrated total ownership for far too long for me. Nor do I trust the imbeciles "in charge" to not further wreck the economy. I know some will time it perfectly and win against them all, but I will take the lower risk HODL approach.

Let's say Tesla gets a few billion of the Nevi funding. Thats a lot of Superchargers. And with Fords partnership, more revenue comming in :cool:

There is only a total of ~$3B of NEVI funding, and there is no way Tesla would get all of it. Probably not even a majority even if they applied for all of it.

The agreement with Ford won't get Tesla any NEVI funding. That is all controlled by the states/territories. And as far as I know Tesla doesn't have a single site in the US that meets the NEVI standards, they haven't opened their network status via a free API, and they don't allow you to start/pay for charging with the app from the provider of your choice.

Tesla may apply for and get some NEVI funding, but they will have to make a lot of changes, including hardware and utility upgrades, and drop the wall on their charging status data. (In other words, I don't think they will go for any NEVI funding.)

I'm not sure I buy into the idea that Tesla will use Ford dealerships for service, however if Elon explicitly stated "never" as you said, Tesla would still not make profit on service performed at a Ford dealership.
The quote is:
I have made it a principle within Tesla that we should never attempt to make servicing a profit center.

Source is Tesla blog:

There is only a total of ~$3B of NEVI funding, and there is no way Tesla would get all of it. Probably not even a majority even if they applied for all of it.

The agreement with Ford won't get Tesla any NEVI funding. That is all controlled by the states/territories. And as far as I know Tesla doesn't have a single site in the US that meets the NEVI standards, they haven't opened their network status via a free API, and they don't allow you to start/pay for charging with the app from the provider of your choice.

Tesla may apply for and get some NEVI funding, but they will have to make a lot of changes, including hardware and utility upgrades, and drop the wall on their charging status data. (In other words, I don't think they will go for any NEVI funding.)
Hmmm allright that would be a bummer. Let's see how it all unfolds. But even though, I still think Tesla could gain a lot with such a deal. :cool:

Next step would be Ford buying FSD licence from Tesla :D💰💰💰💰

Some Random Quotes:
  • "The Factory is the Product": Elon Musk (every year since 2008).
  • "Long-term, everyone will have autonomy. Tesla's competetive advantage will be in manufacturing": Elon Musk (since 2018, at least).
  • "It's not just the size of your Gigacasting, it's how you use it": Me (just now)
Cheers!

Last edited: