Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's Nvidia moment is either Energy showing large margin improvement from one quarter to the next in combination with massive revenue growth or when Tesla does something like a "One month free trial for FSD + 6 months of introductory $99/month monthly subscription" That would be the moment Tesla truly gets valued with a SAAS business model.

A further Nvidia moment is one of the other auto makers, mostly likely Ford at this point, adopting FSD.

All of these potential scenarios could be play out by the end of 2023. Not saying it's likely but as I've stated for a little while now, my bullishness when it comes to FSD has greatly increased over the past 3-4 months.
So, you're a Ford guy at the meeting with Tesla to try and integrate the SC network into FordPass. You mention that you could also use a little help on OTA updates. "Anything else" the Tesla guy says? "Well, since you asked" you respond ... "maybe 48V controllers, batteries, FSD and insurance while we're at it." "That's gonna cost" the Tesla guy says. "I know" you respond.

About this inflation thing: The european natural gas price is recently touching a new low of 23 euro/MWh, a level not seen since months before the war. This is less than one tenth of the peak of last august.
I just hope Europeans don't get complacent. One harsh winter and you'd be back up again.

So, you're a Ford guy at the meeting with Tesla to try and integrate the SC network into FordPass. You mention that you could also use a little help on OTA updates. "Anything else" the Tesla guy says? "Well, since you asked" you respond ... "maybe 48V controllers, batteries, FSD and insurance while we're at it." "That's gonna cost" the Tesla guy says. "I know" you respond.
I think the reason the Mexico factory is purported to be so large is that they will manufacture 48V components for the entire auto market there.

I just hope Europeans don't get complacent. One harsh winter and you'd be back up again.
Will just make this one comment and not respond as to not go off topic.

But Russia essentially played their hand and lost big time when it comes to Europe's preparedness when it comes to natural gas. Europe is more than prepared for even the most extreme of harsh winters. They essentially had to from the threat of Russia last year. Probably one of the worst poker bluffs I've ever seen from a country and a spectacular backfire on Russia.

I know it's not an accurate way to look at things as Ford is growing their scale, but currently they could just buy Teslas, rebrand and sell them, and still make a profit instead of -100%. ;)

I just saw this morning's Russ Gerber clip on CNBC. They put up this graphic briefly... is Ford really at 4.2% and GM is really at 7.9%? It has been reading like Ford is number two, almost like CNBC got them mixed up.
1685130494166.png

No one wants to hold over the long weekend.
Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. In fact I view it the exact opposite. There's big money reasons to get this under 190 and yet there's still too much buying going on for them to get it under. In fact they've pretty much given up now at this point