Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Business Insider is reporting that a Youtuber has sold his Model Y in favor of a Mercedes EQS (starting at $103k) because he suspects it will be higher quality. Here is the full report:

He suffered serious issues such as a smear of glue and a loose seat control cover and his wife even suffered a rain wetting because she had to fiddle with her phone to get a door open. Understandably, he didn't want to get the issues fixed because Tesla service centers have received bad reviews.
A clickbait article on a clickbait YouTube video 🙄. Even InsideEVs is sadly doing this too, with hilarious contradictions 😂 . Best to avoid both & not waste the 5 minutes of your life reading or watching this article/video.

IMG_1883.jpeg

Mod: I moved all the "heat pump" posts after @Buckminster created a new thread. Please continue the discussions there. It would also be much better to continue the FSD discussions where they belong, but it would be a lot of work for me to locate and move them. Please don't keep repeating the same things here. --ggr

I'm keeping in line with $50k mostly because of Cybertruck which has a range of $40k-$80k. I think completing the current reservation queue and no more growth in the current delivery pipeline should be enough to get to 2.5M on its own, no?

No? We are already below 50k ASP, with more cheaper models seemingly out there as AD points out... and Elon was suggesting 250k units/yr for CT (and it's unclear how soon production will ramp to that, but it's very unlikely it'll be what they produce in 2024 even if they're up to that as a run rate by the end of it)

without even thinking about the Mexico and +1 Gigafactory (hopefully India) that go online over the next years.

Those can easily drive total sales well north of 2.5M, but will be driving ASP even further away from the 50k you're using- and quite rapidly since they will be much lower priced cars than 50k, and will sell in much higher volume than existing models.

The idea of Tesla licensing their FSD tech has been hypothesized many times here. My question is, is it practical?

Until Tesla actually has a working autonomous system available to the public it's impossible to answer that question because it's currently unknown what, exactly, that working system "needs"... otherwise they'd already have it.

A few months ago, I stopped at a Sheetz in PA for lunch which had non-Tesla EV fast chargers. There was a new Mercedes EQS, an Ioniq and a VW ID-4 charging. I was inside eating, and listened to the EQS owner on the phone with the charger owner (I think it was electrify America) and then complain with the other EV drivers about his experience. He then goes on to say that he drove a Tesla for years and never had issues with charging, but he just loved the interior of the EQS and couldn't pass up the deal he got. Seemed like he got some deal to me 🤣.
I sat in the EQS at the Bangkok auto show last year. I prefer the calm, zen garden interior of a Tesla to the overwrought, garish discotheque interior of that homely and inefficient tank. To each their own.🤷‍♂️

Has anyone subscribed to Elon’s Twitter subscription? Does it have worthwhile Tesla investment related tweets or insights?
I have subscribed. The only real content so far has been a Starship update so perhaps not worth the $4+$4 for most. However, me paying Elon directly for his troubles is worth it's weight in Inconel fuses.

I sat in the EQS at the Bangkok auto show last year. I prefer the calm, zen garden interior of a Tesla to the overwrought, garish discotheque interior of that homely and inefficient tank. To each their own.🤷‍♂️

I prefer Teslas too, but you claim about the EQS being inefficient is misleading. This is from Bjoern Nylands 1000km test, EQS has the same Wh/mi as Model S LR palladium:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 08.40.14.png

You can argue the test with the EQS was at a higher temperature, but in the whole testing field of EVs that Bjoern assembled (the list is much longer than shown here) it is one of the more efficient cars.

Source:

Yeah, was just going to post this, about 2% up on German tradegate exchange:
Actually 2.8% up in pre-market and now above Friday's high. Next point to cross is $200 which is also roughly the 200 day Simple Moving Average, a major technical signal for Bulls.

1685438113547.png

Last edited:
via
Just remember that frequency stabilization is a small niche in a huge market. It's a big chunk of low hanging profit and will devastate the peaker plant competition but in and of itself is not a giant market. Once batteries in the USA kill this market and then hit the late afternoon AC energy demand in the summer than that destroys much of the raison d'etra of peaker plants. They'll fail and that will be when things start getting interesting in the utility market.