Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1685570622770.png

The technical analysts call that a "Horsy Pattern", and usually tape it to their fridge with pride.

I think I found your $10 million in TSLA shares... Oh, WAIT!

Yeah, that's 22.76M SHARES traded during the 4:00 o'clock minute. I haven't seen that level of volume at the Closing Cross (>15% of the total Daily volum) except on a day like the S&P 500 Inclusion date (Fri, Dec 18, 2020).

Cheers to the HODL'ers!
Starting to look like Musk is getting ready to ship the Burnt Hair in large quantities and somebody knows why.

Or perhaps this is someone with $2b short position being the first one to the exit. Love to see a proper short squeeze here.

I doubt this spike was related to any news about TSLA, or we would not have seen simultaneous spikes in other EV stocks and drops in AAPL, GOOG and other big caps. Today was 31 May. Does anybody know if there’s some rearranging on that date?
I've seen a few folks say that MSCI rebalance was a factor. IDK if that has merit or not.

I see two ways Highland can go

1 - It's just a incremental upgrade, new look front and back, new interior, slight lower range at 325 mi, charging speed similar to today, probably cheaper for Tesla to make which would allows them to lower the price even more if needed. A nice incremental upgrade, every new owner will love it, but not enough for much of the current Model 3 owners to upgrade. Want more range? Pay for a S

2 - The Model 3 killer finally arrive, and it's........ the Model 3. New looks, but also quite a few changes under the skin, range kissing the 400 or surpassing, charge speeds like the new SR Model Y from Berlin, 10-80% in sub 20 minutes. The 325 mi LR we see on the configurator is actually the new standard one maybe. Ludicrous trim. Model S is for those who wants more comfort, features and so on, but in car stuff, there won't be that much difference, just like with ICE today, a cheapo econobox can travel at the same speeds and go to the same places as a luxury one

Both makes sense for me, so now we wait, hopefully just a few hours

1 - It's just a incremental upgrade, new look front and back, new interior, slight lower range at 325 mi, charging speed similar to today, probably cheaper for Tesla to make which would allows them to lower the price even more if needed. A nice incremental upgrade, every new owner will love it, but not enough for much of the current Model 3 owners to upgrade. Want more range? Pay for a S

2 - The Model 3 killer finally arrive, and it's........ the Model 3. New looks, but also quite a few changes under the skin, range kissing the 400 or surpassing, charge speeds like the new SR Model Y from Berlin, 10-80% in sub 20 minutes. The 325 mi LR we see on the configurator is actually the new standard one maybe. Ludicrous trim. Model S is for those who wants more comfort, features and so on, but in car stuff, there won't be that much difference, just like with ICE today, a cheapo econobox can travel at the same speeds and go to the same places as a luxury one

Then again, it could be somewhere in the middle. I can't see it with a 400 range, but do think the charge rate will be improved much as you predict. I think it's closer to #1, but also with a lot of changes under the skin reducing cost and time and increasing affordability.

Hopefully we'll know more soon!

Gee, a lot of posts that deal with TSLA. That in itself is a bullish enough signal to get me out of self-enforced retirement sitting on my hands.

@Papafox‘s post was clear enough to me.

1. BlackRock is bullish and is hunting around for cheap shares - those that can be obtained by picking up calls they persuaded another to write. The writer gets the premium of selling calls at some level higher than the current price; BRock expects the price rises further than that strike price so it reels in the underlying shares come expiry time.

2. $10MM refers to the value of shares, not the calls. It’s straightforward in the post’s wording.

3. $10MM of anything hardly shows up in their system, but this was just a datum of one. BRock operates by shaking a lot of branches, and if it can get some from you, some from me, some from that fellow behind that tree….it becomes significant.

Now back to contemplating all the new snow we’ve gotten out of this non-stop 72-hour storm.
Good to see you post again my friend!

Living in the southern US I have no great desire for a less efficient charging method. But I could see inductive charging being a better option in colder climates. The waste is turned into heat so it's background resistant heat of the bottom of the car / surroundings of the car (a plus if in a garage that's wanting to retain heat when it's cold outside).

If you live in a cold enough place that you have a heated garage, then I'm saying induction charging would fit right in.

If you live in a warm enough place that people use air conditioning to cool a garage then this wouldn't excite you as much.

I'd also say this would be a plus for the day when energy prices go negative. Who cares about efficiency if the power is free? And if the economics go that way you won't mind your heat pump cooling the garage to offset the waste heat from the less efficient charging.

If you have more energy than you know what to do with you might as well go for the convenience.

So, the new model 3 has greater range? I’ve been trying to find something on that. Any links?

I wonder if a model Y long range remake will have greater range as well. About 18 months would be perfect timing. 😊

Reactions: GhostSkater
Unless they also upgrade the range of the S that would cut into S sales.

Having driven both, I don't really see this...

The S is a significantly larger car, doesn't handle as well sports-wise due to size/weight, but rides smoother due to air suspension, has a hatch the 3 does not, etc... plus is tens of thousands of dollars more (and doesn't qualify for any tax credit).

I can't imagine anyone who is ONLY buying an S because it has ~50 miles more range than the previous LR AWD did.....nor anyone who is buying it for one of those OTHER reasons changing his mind because the 3 caught up on range.

The average American only drives 10-30 miles a day depending if you use mean or median... the practical difference between these ranges, especially with superchargers existing, is not a major thing to hardly anybody.

An interesting report quite favorable to Tesla. Tweeted out by Rohan Patel, who has a blue check and claims to be "Tesla Policy and Bizdev". Of course, nowadays we have no idea if this is actually the case. :(

The Global Automaker Rating 2022 is a definitive look at how global automakers rate in the transition to zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs). Tesla and BYD are at the top of the ratings in this first edition of our in-depth analysis. We evaluate the top 20 manufacturers in the world based on their sales, actions, and ZEV strategies in six major global markets. All five manufacturers headquartered in Japan and Tata, headquartered in India, are at the bottom of our rating. However, most automakers score well on at least one metric; this reflects the complexity and breadth of the ZEV transition and the different approaches automakers are taking in the transition.

Last edited:

Reminds me of when the 4680 Model Y got launched, lots of rumors about 400 mile range and such.

My bet is Highland is just the Model 3, exactly as advertised but cheaper to produce. It’ll have upgrades, but mostly hidden stuff like 48v and HW4. no big spec bumps.

Tesla hiring folks to train LLMs on Dojo! I didn't think this would happen after x.ai.

You have to expect any large company to run it's own LLM pretty soon.

It'll be the first line for chat bots, customer service, sales, support, it'll even get used internally for various functions.

There will probably be a different LLM at SpaceX (maybe also running on DOJO but running for SpaceX)

I expect eventually every company on the list Companies ranked by Market Cap - CompaniesMarketCap.com will have their own LLM (even if they don't run it on their own hardware).