Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm... they have this on the graphic about the benefits of wireless charging:

View attachment 942961

I don't understand how the power delivery mechanism would affect battery life... the energy ultimately arrives at the cells via wires, so unless there's some benefit they are claiming about some other aspect of their charging system (charge curve, reduced power delivery, multiple charging locations to keep the battery SOC in a narrow range thus avoiding extremes such as for busses, etc..) then this seems like a dubious claim. Actually "8x" is a pretty grand claim, regardless...
The only way wireless charging is 8x better for the battery makes sense is if it's charging at 1/8th the max speed :D (even then, probably not a linear relationship between C rate and degradation - so perhaps even less).

Naively assuming this is "8x" vs 250kW supercharging, then they're boasting of around 30kW charge speed... if that.

Very interesting article in Benzinga on ChatGPT:
ChatGPT is fabricating information.
Tl;dr:
- Research shows ChatGPT is capable of not only fabricated citations, but whole articles and bylines that never existed;
- This propensity, known as “hallucination”, is now seen as a significant threat to the integrity of information.

Link to the Benzinga article with a short reference in it to Tesla's AI ("hallucination" also a problem for Tesla?):
"There is no evidence to suggest that Tesla vehicles as they are constructed now are a danger to society."
Shocker. Fabricating information! Reminds me of certain if not all WS analysts.

1685703703483.png

$700 inbound

Guys, I've got good news. Google Bard is projecting TSLA's PE ratio to expand to ~500 by end of 2027. If Bard is right, all I see is $$$$$$$$$$:

View attachment 943171

Then again, I've been hearing from multiple sources that Google's Bard is an idiot.

Well that's already wrong seeing how our PE never got much above 50 in Q1 2023, and here in Q2 our PE is only 60, nowhere near the 120 Bard "predicted" there.

So divide every PE number in there by half! :p

Shocker. Fabricating information! Reminds me of certain if not all WS analysts.
The world is at the beginning of a transition from “words” to “deeds” as a basis of value. FSD is deeds based as in what act of movement within the drivable space increases the success of a safe occupant transport.

LLMs exist in the “words” realm while FSD exists in the “sticks and stones” realm. FSD seems to have solved this “wishful thinking” problem well ahead of LLMs.

One might say Tesla has successfully aligned the interests of the occupant and ego based on the deed of trip completion. YMMV

Last edited:
Been out of the country for 5 days, nice to see 15% in the green.
I won't even try to read 22 pages... just let me know if anyone died or was fired, or highland was released. Thanks in advance ☺️!

Edit: I could read those pages but would bill the mods my hourly rate.
Most of them don't like me, so I probably wouldn't get paid 🤷.
C'mon man... show some dedication... roll up your sleeves and get to work! 😝

I've tackled 50-60 page backlogs on occasion. And at times those occurred in far less than 5 days!

I don't expect it to move the TSLA share price much soon - but I am anticipating a future market and a probable car factory to open on Mars.

The good news is that later today ESA starts to live stream from this future location. In less than three hours:

So we got "drone videos" from Mars before we get it from Mexico? Pretty impressive move from ESA.

Very curious about what action today will bring: will the MM's succeed 😡 or fail 🕺in a pushdown to $200?
Curious yes. OTOH whenever the price passes 10x my initial investment I try to restrain a slightly giddy reaction...for a few moments and a bottle of bubbly. Then back to my traditional phlegmatic HODL. Realistically I do not value the fluctuations, but UP is indeed nicer than is DOWN. Not /s, this is a rather good day in many respects for investors in US securities.

This is so disappointing. Last year we trained so hard on how to deal with the drama and the soul-crushing downward trend. We steeled ourselves for negativity and braced against the constant plummeting of the stock price.

All that effort is for naught when the price just keeps going up. We've made such strides in perfecting our coping mechanisms for dealing with the storm of FUD and misguided efforts of MSM and now have no outlet on which to apply them.

This uptrend must stop, or at least fall back every now and again in order to employ these practiced tools of the skilled HODLer.

The arguing and bitterness that permeated the thread has all but dried up. Our hearts aren't racing with elevated blood pressure as the anxiety takes its effect with every glance at the SP.

I feel like I've wasted a lot of time in 2022 for nothing, and would like to start a petition to get the MMs and Shorties motivated to try harder. Have they gotten lazy? Turned it over to the interns? What the heck is going on over there in Bearland?

I'm sure that many of you must feel the same way and would jump at the opportunity to bolster the spirits of our, er, what is the plural for nemesis? Nemesi? Nemesises? Well, you know who I'm talking about. They must be in the throws of their own anxiety and self-doubt, feeling like the world has turned against them.

I hope they will be all right.

/S

Last edited:
Dissapointing that the longer range american built AWD model Y is no longer available in Canada. Now it’s only the shorter range Chinese version. Hope that changes someday.
But... you can charge this new Y to 100% every day for years. Can't do that with the old one... 90% was recommended

TSLA is almost at a 7-month high! Needs to get to ~$215 for that

The only way wireless charging is 8x better for the battery makes sense is if it's charging at 1/8th the max speed :D (even then, probably not a linear relationship between C rate and degradation - so perhaps even less).
Maybe they are thinking that daily charges from 60% to 80%, basically every time you pull into the garage at night, vs charging every 3 or 4 days from 10% to 100%. I don't know about 8X, but that would definitely make a big difference in battery health over time.