Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it? Wouldn't calculating the battery's average nightly charge be a good measure of health, where approaching an average SOC of 50% is best for health and longevity? Charging every night to 80% would increase the average nightly SOC.
Yeah and still, and even if it was helpful, it's hard to believe that would increase longevity 800%...

Just an Elon enigma. I'm sure he revels in any speculation on what he actually meant by that.
"Let that sink in" is a saying people use when they want people to pause and consider the significance of something that just happened or was just said. That tweet is about Twitter, not Tesla.

Twitter, all social media, and all legacy media have spent years suppressing free speech, pushing agendas that were often based on lies, and colluding with govt officials to silence people that spoke against them. Evidence of this has been released in the Twitter files.

Not every tweet is about Tesla. And Elon buying twitter was, "the barbarian storming the gate"

How about 4. Several(?) home insurance companies are not going to renew their fire home insurance policies in California; I.e. State Farm. Those are required if you hold a mortgage.

Wondering if this is another domino related to finance instability of the US economy
I don't understand. You say four or several but then say i.e. State Farm. Are all the companies State Farm companies? I had the impression that there were several not related to each other.
That seems likely to spillover to auto coverages also, then directly hampering Tesla vehicle sales. Am I misunderstanding?

C'mon man... show some dedication... roll up your sleeves and get to work! 😝

I've tackled 50-60 page backlogs on occasion. And at times those occurred in far less than 5 days!
My time saving strategy is to check TMC once per day and only read posts that have ten or more likes (or other responses). This approach gets to the high quality posts and avoids the heat pump discussions and so forth dribble. So I am relying on all of you here at TMC to tag your favourite posts. Please and thank you.

My time saving strategy is to check TMC once per day and only read posts that have ten or more likes (or other responses). This approach gets to the high quality posts and avoids the heat pump discussions and so forth dribble. So I am relying on all of you here at TMC to tag your favourite posts. Please and thank you.
You might as well just listen to tesla daily at 2x.

It’s pretty much a recap of what happened here minus the waste heat and test drive convo.

I’m here for the memes. Thanks Joe @ZeApelido!

Last edited:
Finally Cybertruck castings spotted

1685722485976.png
That's a bunch of castings. Starting to see these in volume. I wonder if these are keepers or destined for scrap.

Now we've seen front and rear castings for the truck. Lines up with rumors that production starts sometime this month.

I don't understand. You say four or several but then say i.e. State Farm. Are all the companies State Farm companies? I had the impression that there were several not related to each other.
That seems likely to spillover to auto coverages also, then directly hampering Tesla vehicle sales. Am I misunderstanding?
Sorry I was unclear - I was just saying bullet point 4. could be added to that list of concerns. I read about State Farm but a friend in the industry said it's more than just them, unconfirmed rumor. We had ours originally from 21st century if I recall correctly that was resold to QBE and they just sent me a letter their broker would not renew ours - not sure if State Farm was backing ours or not

• Helpful
Reactions: unk45
LLMs exist in the “words” realm while FSD exists in the “sticks and stones” realm.

Umm, you might want to employ another idiom of speech, using this one is kind of an "own goal": "Sticks and Stones..." is a children's rhyme used in defense against name-calling and verbal bullying. Hence, "...words will never hurt me." could imply that LLMs are inherently less dangerous than real-world A.I. Could try something like:

'Talk is cheap; FSD is priceless'. (or words related to FSD-saved-lives). YMMV. ;)

Cheers!

Won't go into detail here, will be for FSD thread, but had to share experience with 11.4.2.

Pros:
- MUCH better lane choice. Not a little, a lot better.
- smoother right turns, less hesitation and jitter.
- buttery smooth lane changes, even in heavy traffic with merges

Cons:
- car almost made a left turn into a Bus in X-traffic. No joke. It saw what it was doing, then over-corrected, so safety intervention in that instance.

Palpable progress in this release from 11.3.6.