Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While the current rise in SP is nice....keep in mind we are still about half from ATH.

The crooks still own me 1/2 of my portfolio back.

Do you track your CAGR? I've been invested in TSLA just over 5 years now, and as of yesterday my CAGR was 59.7%. This exceeds my expectations from back when I made my initial investment, which was that TSLA would pace the growth of Tesla, which famously targets 50% growth over the long term.

I think that's fair, given that growth in 2022 was artifically reduced due to supply chain, covid, special ops, etc. Macros want to swing UP ↑ now, big money is coming off the sidelines, and the "Magnificent Seven" are leading this next run of the bulls. Strap up, Cowboy! ;)

Fxm-KP3XwAMgFpf

Cheers to the Longs!

Sold my first ever TSLA today... Only because I had to sell in a taxable account and move into an ISA (no capital gains tax in the UK)! In the 20 minutes it was sold, with me transferring between accounts, I've never experienced as much panic! 😂 Should have done it on a red day. Lost 1 share in the process as it kept going up...then I thought "it'll go back down in a minute..." so I waited and clearly it didn't. So a panic bought back.

I realised in that moment, that I will never be a trader and had this sense of relief that, no I'm not missing out on something in trying to time the market to make a few £££ here and there. The phase "Picking Up Pennies in Front of a Steamroller" came to mind!

🍻to that fallen share. You served me well.

Agreed...but the front runners and MM are.

Fun Fact: in 2022, TSLA traded 21.8 billion shares. Elon sold, what, 40 Million shares? (not ez to google). That'd be about 0.183 percent of TSLA shares sold by Elon over 12 months. So [INSERT WIZARD OF OZ MEME]... :p

Meanwhile, 104.0M shares traded today by halftime:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-06-02.13-00.png

Cheers!

Fun Fact: in 2022, TSLA traded 21.8 billion shares. Elon sold, what, 40 Million shares? (not ez to google). That'd be about 0.183 percent of TSLA shares sold by Elon over 12 months. So [INSERT WIZARD OF OZ MEME]... :p

Meanwhile, 104.0M shares traded today by halftime:

View attachment 943282

Cheers!

The vast majority of those 21.8 billion shares changed hands dozens of times, with a net effect of zero. But 40 or so million shares added to available float does have an impact on the SP, especially when being dumped within a few days. Also, the psychological impact of the founder and CEO selling should not be neglected. But shorties piling on the negative sentiment definitely contributed to the drop (just like they are contributing to the current rise by being forced to close their short positions).

It is not just TSLA today...

True, but it's mostly TSLA... :D

S&P 500 Companies - S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
1Apple IncAAPL7.565046
up.gif
0.54(0.30%)
2Microsoft CorpMSFT6.992379
up.gif
1.71(0.52%)
3Amazon.com IncAMZN3.091382
up.gif
1.83(1.49%)
4Nvidia CorpNVDA2.763275
down.gif
-3.61(-0.91%)
5Alphabet Inc Cl AGOOGL2.081271
up.gif
1.15(0.93%)
6Alphabet Inc Cl CGOOG1.823885
up.gif
1.07(0.86%)
7Meta Platforms Inc Class AMETA1.714472
up.gif
1.67(0.61%)
8Berkshire Hathaway Inc Cl BBRK.B1.644951
up.gif
6.34(1.96%)
9Tesla IncTSLA1.577013
up.gif
8.24(3.97%)

LLM/A.I. overbought?

Cheers!

My time saving strategy is to check TMC once per day and only read posts that have ten or more likes (or other responses). This approach gets to the high quality posts and avoids the heat pump discussions and so forth dribble. So I am relying on all of you here at TMC to tag your favourite posts. Please and thank you.
Great, now I had to read your post with all those likes....geez

But 40 or so million shares added to available float does have an impact on the SP,

This might be accurate in a Market which does not allow Market Makers to create arbitarily large numbers of naked short shares. Instead, the supply of TSLA available to sell on NASDAQ is inexhaustible. There can be no rational price discover in such a market; only emotions driven by market mayhem (cue the mayhem, every 4-6 wks as desired).

That is why for every 1 share Elon sold, MMs poofed 100 more into existance, and immediately sold them short (all without any prior effort to locate the shares they were shorting). To pretend this is not the largest factor BY FAR affecting the clearing SP is nieve.

BTW, for folks who don't know, SEC Regulation SHO exemptions applies only to Options Market Makers, not equity (ie: shares of TSLA). IMO this is why Elon doesn't care about Options Traders getting burnt: u play with fire... you get beaten with the *sugar* end of the stick. In their pig pen. While the pigs laugh at you.

#SECdoyourjob #DIRTYCOLLARCRIME

Last edited:
TSLA Starship to Mission Control 👨‍🚀, we have experienced a doubling of the SP

Repeat, the SP has doubled in 2023 🚀 🚀

Mission Control to TSLA Starship, our readings indicate you are go to proceed with second doubling
Fantastic.

Anecdotal evidence of greatness: we just got our Powerwall RMA'd (replaced for free) by Tesla. We had no idea anything was wrong; heck, it worked for us in an outage just a few weeks ago and continued to execute our programmed option to store a little extra solar power during the day to give back at night.
But apparently Tesla's internal monitoring said "this battery is beginning to exhibit symptoms", and they sent a new one to our solar contractor (who also handles our Powerwall). Battery replaced proactively, no problems experienced by us, all thanks to automated monitoring and Tesla Big Data analytics. **Edit to add:** Also, the engineer who commissioned the new battery said he's been doing this work since 2015, and this is only the **2nd** Powerwall RMA he's ever needed to do.

Summary thought on the Ford Supercharger decision: it just means Ford wants to live.

Further, for no good reason other than we are on a good vibrations day today, let me just say THANK YOU to the Tesla team for making the Supercharger network 100% renewable this year, making both our Model Y's 100% renewably powered now, pretty much no matter where we take them, and making our new Ford customers/partners-in-creating-the-future 100% renewable when they show up.

"Slim" margins be damned, folks, this is what winning the future looks like.

Last edited:
Do you track your CAGR? I've been invested in TSLA just over 5 years now, and as of yesterday my CAGR was 59.7%. This exceeds my expectations from back when I made my initial investment, which was that TSLA would pace the growth of Tesla, which famously targets 50% growth over the long term.

I think that's fair, given that growth in 2022 was artifically reduced due to supply chain, covid, special ops, etc. Macros want to swing UP ↑ now, big money is coming off the sidelines, and the "Magnificent Seven" are leading this next run of the bulls. Strap up, Cowboy! ;)

Fxm-KP3XwAMgFpf

Cheers to the Longs!
Is 101% CAGR good? I'm new to choosing the best investment known to the Universe (projecting a bit when Optimus is mining Asteroids).

Biggest chunk at 101% CAGR (60% of my total TSLA), CAGR varies from -36% (MINUS) to 360%. Would have to change my spreadsheet to get an overall figure.

It's tempting to concentrate on the MINUS figures (8 out of 33 purchases, much smaller percentage of shares), but TSLA has changed my life for the better. Nice car too. FREEDOM!

Like a poster above in UK ( @Englishman ), I've been in and out of taxable/tax-free accounts recently and it's been .... interesting waiting for settlement, transfers etc.

Last edited:
Sold my first ever TSLA today... Only because I had to sell in a taxable account and move into an ISA (no capital gains tax in the UK)! In the 20 minutes it was sold, with me transferring between accounts, I've never experienced as much panic! 😂 Should have done it on a red day. Lost 1 share in the process as it kept going up...then I thought "it'll go back down in a minute..." so I waited and clearly it didn't. So a panic bought back.

I realised in that moment, that I will never be a trader and had this sense of relief that, no I'm not missing out on something in trying to time the market to make a few £££ here and there. The phase "Picking Up Pennies in Front of a Steamroller" came to mind!

🍻to that fallen share. You served me well.
I had the same experience in 2016, with a even dumber move. Lost few shares, but those 3 hours of panic served me well in these years: I never tried to trade again (well, once with the pandemic: I sold right, but didn't buy again right. Nobody tells you that you need to time the market not once, but TWICE!).