Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summary thought on the Ford Supercharger decision: it just means Ford wants to live.
Yes.

This is such a huge flex from Tesla.

Imagine if: (Examples only here, don't clog up this thread arguing them pls & thks)
  • Apple had opened up the API for the blue bubbles.
  • Facebook launched a public API for their feed.
  • Google actually open sourced Android.
  • Microsoft had open sourced the Office formats back in the 90s.
Tesla is giving away access to a massive competitive advantage because they are **that confident** they can continue to make products which are more appealing than their competitors.

Access to a reliable, ubiquitous charging network is something every major vehicle company absolutely needs. Gambling on Electrify America 3 years ago made a bit of sense because it seemed like they were improving. Doubling down on that bet after 3 more years of unreliable networks right as adoption is starting to really take off is about as foolish as you can get.

Another fun fact... it's all about 215 today! Some serious call volume there.

View attachment 943287

Don't count the eggs yet. Remember that day (Friday?) from some years ago that they started dumping shares 29 minutes till end of trading hours. Chart looked like backyard slide.
It looks like the big money is defending 215 (See @SOULPEDL post). Don't think they will spend a ton of money driving the SP down below that.

May was good to us. June too so far. Hopefully June continues to be generous.

Yes.

This is such a huge flex from Tesla.

Imagine if: (Examples only here, don't clog up this thread arguing them pls & thks)
  • Apple had opened up the API for the blue bubbles.
  • Facebook launched a public API for their feed.
  • Google actually open sourced Android.
  • Microsoft had open sourced the Office formats back in the 90s.
Tesla is giving away access to a massive competitive advantage because they are **that confident** they can continue to make products which are more appealing than their competitors.

Access to a reliable, ubiquitous charging network is something every major vehicle company absolutely needs. Gambling on Electrify America 3 years ago made a bit of sense because it seemed like they were improving. Doubling down on that bet after 3 more years of unreliable networks right as adoption is starting to really take off is about as foolish as you can get.
We also don't know what Ford is bringing to the table either. I suppose it could just be that Elon wants the make sure the SC network is truly dominant. That's cocky enough to be an Elon move to be sure.

Maybe he wants to crush EA/VW for firing his buddy? ;)

We also don't know what Ford is bringing to the table either. I suppose it could just be that Elon wants the make sure the SC network is truly dominant. That's cocky enough to be an Elon move to be sure.

Maybe he wants to crush EA/VW for firing his buddy? ;)
Could be.

But I suspect it's simpler than that. Given the wording on the infrastructure charger funding, this might well open up more government funding for Supercharger locations. It is also very compatible with Tesla's mission. Tesla has a lot of employees who stick around due in part to the mission. Musk & Tesla executives consistently doing thing which are in line with the mission but not necessarily strategic is one of the things I think that keeps loyalty high.

Just a lot of synergy all around.

Umm, you might want to employ another idiom of speech, using this one is kind of an "own goal": "Sticks and Stones..." is a children's rhyme used in defense against name-calling and verbal bullying. Hence, "...words will never hurt me." could imply that LLMs are inherently less dangerous than real-world A.I. Could try something like:

'Talk is cheap; FSD is priceless'. (or words related to FSD-saved-lives). YMMV. ;)

Cheers!
Thanks for the comments. I am clearly trying to work through the implications of LLMs and where FSD stands in comparison particularly the way FSD uses ego and agency.

Could be.

But I suspect it's simpler than that. Given the wording on the infrastructure charger funding, this might well open up more government funding for Supercharger locations. It is also very compatible with Tesla's mission. Tesla has a lot of employees who stick around due in part to the mission. Musk & Tesla executives consistently doing thing which are in line with the mission but not necessarily strategic is one of the things I think that keeps loyalty high.

Just a lot of synergy all around.
For sure this will help expand the Supercharger Network using other people's money, and this will benefit Tesla, $TSLA and Tesla drivers in an outsized way. There is plenty of money just aching to be spent on quick/economical/reliable/effective EV charging. And if, in a few years, some of the participants go bankrupt, then more Supercharging Network for us and anyone else who manages to succeed. :D

LFP goes to storage and China made cars for Canada

US is all 2170 and 4680, love to see this

Any Colorado residents?
1685736795608.png

In 4 weeks you'll be able to get a new Model 3 in Colorado for $27,740. Insane!

May 30
NEWS: Colorado has introduced a new $5,000 EV tax credit.

The new credit is in addition to the federal EV credit of $7,500, meaning starting July 1st a Model Y AWD (Standard Range) would start at $34,990 including incentives (at today's pricing).

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Now all trims of the Model 3 qualify for the full EV credit. Not sure how they're doing this with the SR 3. They must have a new battery in it
Hmmm. I would think IRS has to be making some adjustments. I just looked an even the Inventory vehicles qualify unless the inventory until today was a mix of US and China made batteries and all the China made are now gone.

I’m all for timing TSLA but very selectively
At the risk of sounding egotistical, I did seriously consider selling TSLA at many multi month high including but not limited to February 4,2020 and November 3/4,2021
I did actually liquidate all my TSLA few times including July 2021 and early 2022 but not for too long
What has kept me from executing clear minded TSLA trading strategy is sheer unprecedented growth potential of this company.
I find that I’m able to predict TSLA prices over periods of weeks and months with greater than 70 to 80% success
Right now I’m as bullish as i have ever been and have been super long TSLA with good results so far
On my flight from Frankfurt to Vienna some random dude walked up to me and asked me if I work for Tesla. Due to my Tesla hoodie. I responded in negative and then got into a brief conversation about Tesla. That guy claimed to be a TSLA shareholder, which I highly doubt because he was totally clueless and grossly misinformed about FSD and robotaxis and was singing praises of Waymo and Cruise and calling Elon a “great salesman “ and then stated “Do you know Elon did not even founded Tesla?” I said yes and I was about to disabuse this ignoramus of his ignorance but mercifully plane was about to land.
As long as I run into fools like this guy, I have a real hard time selling my TSLA
It’s only when guys like him start singing praises of Elon and Tesla that I might consider a trading opportunity

When the EV incentives passed, lots of people assumed the price of EVs would stay flat as dealers and Tesla pocketed the incentives and prices of the vehicles go up.

It is good to see the exact opposite has been true for Tesla. This has also had a massive effect on the price of non-Tesla EVs so the net effect is going to be an absolutely massive impact in ICE sales this year and next.

Bloomberg thinking Tesla is going to pocket $41b over the next 10 years in IRA manufacturing incentives (not consumer credits, manufacturing credits).

My big takeaways here are
  • They are likely vastly over-estimating how many EVs GM will make over the next 10 years.
  • Likely under-estimating how many Tesla will make.
  • Likely this gets scrapped at some point before then

1685738305883.png

Source Sawyer Merrit

Are those destination L2s or Urban 72KW Superchargers?
Urban 72kw. It wouldn’t normally matter but this is a 20 stall and they’re taking up 2 out of 0 open spots. I’d be PISSED if I was waiting…but I’m minding my own damned business and just documenting it here…

Kinda pathetic is all…sadly both drivers are proudly sitting in their cars obviously iceing the spots without regret. I’ve been here for 30 minutes and they don’t seem to mind that customers are actually waiting for spots.
IMG_2624.jpeg