Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV Web App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

James-R10

Model S Plaid 01/01/21 MSM/BlackCF/FSD/21" EU+ M3P
Aug 19, 2017
UK
After seeing the great work made on TeslaTheater.com for US owners, as I am on gardening leave till I start my new job and replacing my Model S with a Model 3 that actually has a working web browser, I plan to make a UK equivalent to keep me busy.

Update - 25/06/2021

After being a way for a while, Tesla TV UK is back. The app can be accessed at app.teslatv.uk and is free to use as a community project.

Sign-up is not required, but if you do it allows you to customise your own dashboard in terms of what apps show as well as the order. You can also you passwordless which allows you to login without a password via an MFA code or Push Notification to your phone.

Details are kept securely within a secure Identity Provide and are only used to deliver you the customisation abilities provided.

All the instructions can be found in the help icon in the app, but if you have any questiones or quieries, please post in this thread to let me know.

Orignal Idea credit based upon the US version on the TMC TeslaTheater.com

(Thanks to Mods for removing old info on first post)

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing the great work made on TeslaTheater.com for US owners, as I am on gardening leave till I start my new job and replacing my Model S with a Model 3 that actually has a working web browser, I plan to make a UK equivalent to keep me busy.

TMC thread on the US Version TeslaTheater.com

To do List
  1. Buy a domain - Done - Teslatv.co.uk
  2. Choose App List (please feel free to add)
    1. BBC iPlayer
    2. ITV Player
    3. 4oD
    4. Demand 5
    5. Netflix
    6. Youtube
    7. Plex
    8. Amazon Prime
  3. Basic Splash Page - In Progress
  4. Basic Session Management (to be able to add own links and organise dashboard according to preferences)
Brilliant, i was thinking the same. But as you have your feet up feel free!

Only note would be to put a message on the desktop/main screen with some type of ip checker regards tethering from your phone to get a UK ip address so BBC etc can work.

Reactions: Chickenlips
Initial app getting there.

drlAHlj.png
Isn

Brilliant, i was thinking the same. But as you have your feet up feel free!

Only note would be to put a message on the desktop/main screen with some type of ip checker regards tethering from your phone to get a UK ip address so BBC etc can work.

Added an info button with UserAgent/IP/Geo lookup. (I've hidden mine). Just going to add the fullscreen capability then will publish today.

qR66VNQ.png

Reactions: davidmc
Nice one. Well done, will definitely use.

Just a heads up, it's not legal to have trademarks in domains. May never matter at all, but I once got a cease and desist from Mattel for using the word Scrabble in a domain name for Scrabble-related accessories.

If Tesla decide they want it then they can have it and you'll have to transfer it over for free.

Just a heads-up, as you may want to register a backup or use one that doesn't infringe from the start.

These are just youtube redirect links AFAIK? Tesla displays youtube links in the fullscreeen entertainment app rather than the windowed browser app, so you send all linkes via youtube to get them displayed in full-screen entertainment app

If someone wants to use it on a page not yet include, try going to https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=DomainYouWant.com and see if it works

First version going live when DNS updates at http://teslatv.co.uk. Very basic for now. My Model S doesn't allow theatre mode or video playback and my Model 3 is 3 weeks away so testing blind. When it's live, any initial feedback would be appreciated.

AWS S3 preview url if anyone is interested faster Tesla TV UK

86ReUaj.png

Last edited:
I tried ITV player via the YouTube trick last weekend and the current version of chrome in the car wasn’t supported for catch up.

I gather it will still be the same via this method.

Probably, it's just the Youtube trick to go fullscreen and putting them all in one place. Good to know about the ITVPlayer though,