Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV Web App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • AWS hasn't propagated yet but DNS linked teslatv.co.uk through to a holding page.
  • Looks good!
  • You get a scroll bar on the RH side of the browser? Not sure if that was intended, obviously MS is portrait not landscape.
  • iPlayer link didn't work - not sure if this was to do with a propagation issue? itv/5/my5 all linked ok - I don't have accounts setup to try them.
  • The double arrow full screen icon on the bottom menu bar linked to YouTube but then gave an option to go to the TeslaTV website - which worked.
  • IP Address Geo location was within 20 miles.

• AWS hasn't propagated yet but DNS linked teslatv.co.uk through to a holding page.
  • Looks good!
  • You get a scroll bar on the RH side of the browser? Not sure if that was intended, obviously MS is portrait not landscape.
  • iPlayer link didn't work - not sure if this was to do with a propagation issue? itv/5/my5 all linked ok - I don't have accounts setup to try them.
  • The double arrow full screen icon on the bottom menu bar linked to YouTube but then gave an option to go to the TeslaTV website - which worked.
  • IP Address Geo location was within 20 miles.

thanks I will fix the iPlayer link.

can you browse this on the browser so I can get the res to ensure it works both in full and non full screen mode ? What Is My Resolution & Aspect Ratio

• Love
Reactions: Masklin
First version going live when DNS updates at http://teslatv.co.uk. Very basic for now. My Model S doesn't allow theatre mode or video playback and my Model 3 is 3 weeks away so testing blind. When it's live, any initial feedback would be appreciated.

AWS S3 preview url if anyone is interested faster Tesla TV UK

86ReUaj.png

Just tested this out in my M3. Firstly to get your page loaded in full screen mode and have audio out I needed to load the YouTube app and get to your webapp via a google link in a YouTube video. Loading your tv app via the browser doesn’t load the non YouTube and Netflix links in full screen.

Here’s a link to a video demoing your app in my car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8u98CgzOFs

Just tested this out in my M3. Firstly to get your page loaded in full screen mode and have audio out I needed to load the YouTube app and get to your webapp via a google link in a YouTube video. Loading your tv app via the browser doesn’t load the non YouTube and Netflix links in full screen.

Here’s a link to a video demoing your app in my car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8u98CgzOFs

Thanks. The individual links aren't designed to automatically go full screen. There is a full screen button in the bottom right that does the YouTube trick to put the entire web app in full screen and then you can go to the individual apps after.

If people preferred, I could make each link trigger full screen straight away?

Thanks. The individual links aren't designed to automatically go full screen. There is a full screen button in the bottom right that does the YouTube trick to put the entire web app in full screen and then you can go to the individual apps after.

If people preferred, I could make each link trigger full screen straight away?
Oh great. Maybe if we could just switch your main app page into full screen mode (unless you’ve already implemented that, not checked), then that’s good enough as we could then switch to the streaming apps from there.

Edit: sorry just re-read what you said ignore the above.

Anyway it’s a brilliant start. FYI the bottom row of icons are a bit too big and overlap, in full screen mode on my M3 screen anyway.

Oh great. Maybe if we could just switch your main app page into full screen mode (unless you’ve already implemented that, not checked), then that’s good enough as we could then switch to the streaming apps from there.

Edit: sorry just re-read what you said ignore the above.

Anyway it’s a brilliant start. FYI the bottom row of icons are a bit too big and overlap, in full screen mode on my M3 screen anyway.

I've updated the res and will be pushing an update later today.

I'm just thinking in terms of the number of apps. How are the icon sizes (since the recent resizing) on the Model 3 screen? If I made smaller to add more apps, would that cause issues?

I'm just thinking in terms of the number of apps. How are the icon sizes (since the recent resizing) on the Model 3 screen? If I made smaller to add more apps, would that cause issues?
Maybe you can take inspiration from Tesla’s own Theatre screen, where they use rows of 3 rectangle icons.

I guess you could have 4 rectangular icons per row for full screen mode

Any idea if it would be possible to access US based services via a VPN?

I'm in the UK but subscribe to F1TV - being able to watch the practice/quali/race sessions whilst in the car would be amazing.

I use Windscribe as a VPN. On my firestick I run the windscribe app then run F1TV and it works perfectly. Likewise on mobile I just start the VPN then launch F1TV.

Could this potentially work if the car was tethered to my mobile which had the vpn running and F1TV was supported on Tesla TV UK? Or would the VPN need to run directly on the car?

Maybe you can take inspiration from Tesla’s own Theatre screen, where they use rows of 3 rectangle icons.

I guess you could have 4 rectangular icons per row for full screen mode

I could take a look at that, it's a little harder to detect full screen. I guess I could test the resolution to know how many icons to display.

Any idea if it would be possible to access US based services via a VPN?

I'm in the UK but subscribe to F1TV - being able to watch the practice/quali/race sessions whilst in the car would be amazing.

I use Windscribe as a VPN. On my firestick I run the windscribe app then run F1TV and it works perfectly. Likewise on mobile I just start the VPN then launch F1TV.

Could this potentially work if the car was tethered to my mobile which had the vpn running and F1TV was supported on Tesla TV UK? Or would the VPN need to run directly on the car?

Afaik, there is no way to configure a VPN for the native connection. If you hotspotted via WiFi that would work no problem I assume.

I could add a premium option at cost for an inline SSL vpn so people could change their origin location in my app.

Reactions: Medved_77