Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV Web App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing the great work made on TeslaTheater.com for US owners, as I am on gardening leave till I start my new job and replacing my Model S with a Model 3 that actually has a working web browser, I plan to make a UK equivalent to keep me busy.

TMC thread on the US Version TeslaTheater.com

To do List
  1. Buy a domain - Done - Teslatv.co.uk
  2. Choose App List (please feel free to add)
    1. BBC iPlayer
    2. ITV Player
    3. 4oD
    4. Demand 5
    5. Netflix
    6. Youtube
    7. Plex
    8. Amazon Prime
  3. Basic Splash Page - In Progress
  4. Basic Session Management (to be able to add own links and organise dashboard according to preferences)
Hello! Is there anyway of integrating skygo?

Just heard about app.teslatv.co.uk today and been trying it in my 3.

Nice interface and layout, full screen click through works perfectly opening in YouTube.

Geolocation option didn't seem to work for me, just displayed an empty box.

I wonder if worth removing the Netflix and YouTube options and replacing with Disney+ and BritBox? (looking at requests so far)

iPlayer, Plex, 4od, My 5 working fine for me. Can't get Amazon Prime video to work though - says unsupported browser. Anyone had any luck getting it to work?

Just heard about app.teslatv.co.uk today and been trying it in my 3.

Nice interface and layout, full screen click through works perfectly opening in YouTube.

Geolocation option didn't seem to work for me, just displayed an empty box.

I wonder if worth removing the Netflix and YouTube options and replacing with Disney+ and BritBox? (looking at requests so far)

iPlayer, Plex, 4od, My 5 working fine for me. Can't get Amazon Prime video to work though - says unsupported browser. Anyone had any luck getting it to work?

Ditto with Amazom Prime.

Has anyone got it to work?

I'd be surprised if things like nowtv worked.. lots of sites require external plugins for things like encryption and authentication, or are coded to work with specific versions of chrome (the tesla is chromium - same engine, different features).
Correct but could change according to recent EM tweets
4F564896-86CE-4A89-942A-792EB2E4A96C.jpeg

Correct but could change according to recent EM tweets
View attachment 580924
This is the right way to do it, support Persistent Web Apps in Chromium and that would unlock huge potential.

I just tried the Tesla TV site and I'm impressed. Switch audio to USB or phone audio to shut up the radio so you can hear it. For iPlayer they're being arses about foreign IP addresses but that can be worked around by connecting to a hotspot on your phone.

Disney+, NowTV both require additional security and don't play in a browser alone but just for iPlayer in full screen - this is pretty cool and definitely useful.

This is the right way to do it, support Persistent Web Apps in Chromium and that would unlock huge potential.

I just tried the Tesla TV site and I'm impressed. Switch audio to USB or phone audio to shut up the radio so you can hear it. For iPlayer they're being arses about foreign IP addresses but that can be worked around by connecting to a hotspot on your phone.

Disney+, NowTV both require additional security and don't play in a browser alone but just for iPlayer in full screen - this is pretty cool and definitely useful.
Interesting point regarding Foreign IP addresses.

The car's sim is registered to NL. Great I thought, F1TVPro is available to view in NL but not in UK so I can watch the next race in the car, in peace. Nope - get a message saying unsupported in your region.

It's odd as with a VPN set to NL I can watch F1TVPro via other platforms e.g. mobile, firestick etc.

Interesting point regarding Foreign IP addresses.

The car's sim is registered to NL. Great I thought, F1TVPro is available to view in NL but not in UK so I can watch the next race in the car, in peace. Nope - get a message saying unsupported in your region.

It's odd as with a VPN set to NL I can watch F1TVPro via other platforms e.g. mobile, firestick etc.
The BBC don't always notice all VPN provider IP ranges so some VPNs are OK with them, others aren't. It's a bit annoying that I'm sat in the UK with a UK TV licence and an iPlayer account and can't watch it but never mind...!

The BBC don't always notice all VPN provider IP ranges so some VPNs are OK with them, others aren't. It's a bit annoying that I'm sat in the UK with a UK TV licence and an iPlayer account and can't watch it but never mind...!
But you are in reality trying to connect via the Netherlands.
How would the BBC's servers know that you were actually in the UK.

Content on the BBC and other broadcasters is licenced by regions or countries which is why you only have access in your country and other countries do not.

..which is a breach of the EU portability regulations (that states that residents of a country must get access to their home streaming services in whatever country they currently are in).

Not that anyone actually follows this.. it appears to be completely unenforced, because most providers just use dumb IP address checks.

..which is a breach of the EU portability regulations (that states that residents of a country must get access to their home streaming services in whatever country they currently are in).

Not that anyone actually follows this.. it appears to be completely unenforced, because most providers just use dumb IP address checks.
The regulations only apply to paid for content. Content where no fee is charged is available at the broadcasters discretion.
"All providers who offer paid online content services will have to follow the new rules, while the services provided without payment (such as the online services of public TV or radio broadcasters) will have the possibility to decide to also provide portability to their subscribers"

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647