Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV Web App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi James,

When I've logged in, I'm not getting the apps page loading, it just permamently reamins loading - see below. Main apps page loads fine before I try to login....

teslatv.JPG

Any possibilty of any of the following additions?

Disney+
VirginTVGo
Tidal

Particularly Disney+ and VirginTVGo streaming as I know they have it available to watch in browsers unlike SkyGo.

I'll try Disney+. Someone will need to let me know the best links for the other two as I don't have accounts for either.

If you register and create an account, you can set your own bookmarks that way in any order of preference.

In addition to Dark Mode tonight, I am going to make it easier to sign in as Tesla Seems to purge localStorage + cookies meaning a new sign in every time the car comes on.

The plan is something similar to someone goes to {url}?username=[email protected] which can be bookmarked. Then they just type in their password, MFA code, or accept a push on their phone/watch depending upon preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick77 and browellm
I'll try Disney+. Someone will need to let me know the best links for the other two as I don't have accounts for either.

If you register and create an account, you can set your own bookmarks that way in any order of preference.

In addition to Dark Mode tonight, I am going to make it easier to sign in as Tesla Seems to purge localStorage + cookies meaning a new sign in every time the car comes on.

The plan is something similar to someone goes to Tesla TV UK which can be bookmarked. Then they just type in their password, MFA code, or accept a push on their phone/watch depending upon preference.
Thanks James.

VirginTVGo - Home

Tidal - https://tidal.com/browse/

I currently get Sky Sports and BT Sports through Virgin so that would be a great option to watch sports in the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: browellm
Sorry - really shoulds have included that info!

Same behaviour on a Windows 10 laptop (Chrome) and a MacBook Pro (Chrome on Big Sur).

I get same in W10 - error is /favicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
Should be fixed this issue now when you next clear cookies/cache.

Last edited:
Pushed a quick update to add Disney+, Virgin, Tidal and a full screen browser.

I will add more error handling for malformed json. Longer term, I will add a nice UI but that's more effort at this stage!

Reactions: Nick77
Thanks James looks good.

Though how do I get my account to revert to that default? I've just been editing it myself and it only shows your updated version if I log out now.
If you go the Edit Account page, click edit, then a refresh app links button should appear on the bottom. This will reset all your app links.

Reactions: Nick77
Looks great (just setting up account on my ipad for now). Just to check, this is just links to websites - we’ll need to log in once linked through, and those cookies/auto sign in etc are handled directly by the destination websites? Going to spend some time in the car tomorrow setting this up with as many as I can.

Can others chime in with any of the standard sites that have issues with geo (so you’ll need to use them with a mobile hotspot for now)? Netflix should be ok but the catalog might be different (EU portability should let you see the UK catalog but that all seems a bit of a mess), iplayer doesn’t like the NL sim - how about others?

Looks great (just setting up account on my ipad for now). Just to check, this is just links to websites - we’ll need to log in once linked through, and those cookies/auto sign in etc are handled directly by the destination websites? Going to spend some time in the car tomorrow setting this up with as many as I can.

Can others chime in with any of the standard sites that have issues with geo (so you’ll need to use them with a mobile hotspot for now)? Netflix should be ok but the catalog might be different (EU portability should let you see the UK catalog but that all seems a bit of a mess), iplayer doesn’t like the NL sim - how about others?
CAUTION.
There's a difference between which links to clickable images of the assorted channels and sites such as teslatv.co.uk which encourages you to login and then offers links to websites with dubious malware.

I just noticed my orignal post still has Teslatv.co.uk and I can't seem to edit the post. Is there a way to edit the old post to update the domain to app.teslatv.uk?

Due to covid issues I lost the renewal of teslatv.co.uk.