Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV Web App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this allow you to use YouTube logged into your google account correctly? I tried using it to navigate to Tesla but think it reverted to the inbuilt YouTube app which still wasn't logged in!
I asked about this in another thread here as I can't get past the insecure browser warnings whichever route I try.

Evidently the problem has now been resolved in update 2021.4.18.10 which permits logging into YouTube directly. Hopefully that update will land in the UK soon.

Hi James

After logging in on my Tesla I just keep seeing this lags constantly, can you help?

Simon
was meant to say screen, not lags.

Attachments

• 98930D9B-0047-4AFB-BFC2-36FD0533286E.jpeg
    98930D9B-0047-4AFB-BFC2-36FD0533286E.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 93
Does this allow you to use YouTube logged into your google account correctly? I tried using it to navigate to Tesla but think it reverted to the inbuilt YouTube app which still wasn't logged in!

I'm logged in to the Youtube app and it always seem to remember when I open it up again so I can easily access subscriptions etc. I can't remember if I had to do anything clever beyond a normal log in. Very laggy app of course ... but it works.

Hi James, Sorry to trouble you. I registered my account but now have the problem of not being able to load the apps. Just the spinning wheel and Loading apps. Doesn’t go any further. Also came across the problem of not being able to scroll down to the likes of virgin media. The scrolling works ok on my Ipad but not on my laptop or smart TV which has a browser. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your work. Take care and stay safe.

I'm still stuck on loading apps when in the car, but it does work on my phone??

Looks like the Tesla browser is caching the old assets still. You can try clearing everything via the debug page I added yesterday here - Debug | Tesla TV UK

It may be a case of waiting the car to catchup and refresh its cache, I've seen this before. The only other option is to tell the browser not to cache but it could mean slower to load for everyone.