Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Two Factor Authorization (2FA) question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many 2FA systems do not require entering the time based code from the authenticator app unless the login is from a device not previously authorized by the authenticator. Thus, the typical use would be when a new device/browser logs in for the first time, 2FA is required. Then, if you log out and log in using the same device/browser, 2FA is not required because that device/browser is recognized as previously authorized.

Is this how Tesla does it?

I ask because I saw instructions imply that 2FA is required on EVERY login.

Not really, in fact my IP address got blocked after I set up 2FA and now I have to activate the VPN so I can bypass this glitch:

Website Down?

To answer your question directly, 2FA is for very important logins (bank, work, car) and "trust this computer" is never a good idea as computers also get stolen.

Not really, in fact my IP address got blocked after I set up 2FA and now I have to activate the VPN so I can bypass this glitch:

Website Down?

To answer your question directly, 2FA is for very important logins (bank, work, car) and "trust this computer" is never a good idea as computers also get stolen.
But that only handles the second factor. The computer thief would still need user ID and passwords.