Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UI, Cameras and doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't find much on this topic, but as an industrial designer it's something that bugs me every time I use my car.

CAMERA VIEWS
I don't understand why the side repeater camera output on the screen is BELOW the rear view camera.
I think it would be more sensible to put the reverse camera on the bottom, and the repeater camera ABOVE.
Would also be good to have an option to show the forward camera views.

DOOR UI
Similarly to the above, On the model X, the Rear Falcon wing door view appears above the front door unlock buttons, all shown in a rear view of the car.
The Trunk and trunk are also paired up together at the bottom of the screen.
Why not show a TOP view of the car with buttons next to each part of the car that you want to open or close.

I had a play with the UI and dragged the buttons around to illustrate what I mean. And Yeah, this is a first world problem, but I think UI in a car is fairly important to me, and when Tesla decides to ditch the wing mirrors, it will be a fairly important safety concern to have an intuitive view of the side wing mirror cameras.

Thoughts???

Will Tesla put the wing views in the Binnacle/Instrument Cluster display as agreed by Elon in a 2020 tweet?

Attachments

• regular-doors.jpg
    regular-doors.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Updated-doors.jpg
    Updated-doors.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 73
  • regular-cameras.jpg
    regular-cameras.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Updated-cameras.jpg
    Updated-cameras.jpg