Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UK shop return process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone returned an item purchased from Tesla’s online store before?

I ordered wall chargers and a wall connector pedestal. The wall chargers were OK but the wall connector pedestal was a customer return!

The wall connector pedestal was damaged and had the original customers return label in the box. It appears that they simply sent me the customers return. It was clearly used, scratched and dented. Unbelievable!

I complained and they sent me a DHL return label but with no instructions on how to return it. I’ve asked them to explain the process but they’ve not responded.

Do you print and drop off the parcel at a DHL depot or do they arrange collection? I know dumb questions but their return process is clear as mud.

Thanks all.

They emailed the return label yesterday so I’ll wait until tomorrow to see if they pickup. The “track return” hyperlink in their email doesn’t work so that doesn’t inspire confidence. If they were a bit more communicative I wouldn’t be so concerned.

whatstevedid - I hope your issue was a one-off!

Reactions: DM206433
How can Tesla shop be so dysfunctional?

It isn’t like they are selling 1000s of products, different suppliers, massive logistics. They are either massively understaffed, poorly trained, or the employees hate the Tesla empire so have little interest in providing a reasonable level of service.

I really should have read this forum before ordering. To be fair, 3 out of the 4 items they sent were new :)

I wanted to place an order for the console accessory trays (currently out of stock) but this thread and related threads (showing below) have put me off.

Is it possible to buy accessories from one of the dealerships?
I’ve bought various items from the online shop and not had any issues. Their communication is non-existent and on one occasion I didn’t hear anything for 2 weeks before the item was shipped, however everything else has arrived within 2-3 days.

I’ve never had any issues with Tesla shop orders, in fact I have always been astounded how quickly the orders were delivered, Amazon Prime levels of delivery speeds!

True. Super fast shipping but if something goes wrong…

The sign of a good retailer is their ability to deal with issues, quickly and efficiently. So far, my experience hasn’t been great apart from the fast delivery.

Reactions: teaston
I wanted to place an order for the console accessory trays (currently out of stock) but this thread and related threads (showing below) have put me off.

Is it possible to buy accessories from one of the dealerships?
I believe some people on here have had success in buying the console tray from a service centre. No idea how that works, though.

Reactions: NSS89
@ariharry Did DHL turn up next day? I'm in the same position and wondering what to do ...

They eventually got back to me with the information below.

They did not turn up. I had to follow the process below to trigger a pickup.

You will be able to schedule a pick-up appointment online. Please use the link below that will redirect you to the DHL website and follow the steps.

- Do you need to create a shipping label? No

- I have a DHL Waybill number

- Fill in Waybill number without spaces and your phone number

- Choose your pick-up moment

Schedule a pickup

DHL turned up the same day I filled in the details (impressive) and Tesla accepted the return a few days later.

So not too bad, but their email response time and communications around the returns process was poor. They should learn a thing or two from Amazon!