Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla under network attack today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 1:50pm PDT today, my wife's Tesla started to repeatedly reboot the center console. Moments after we got off the phone, mine started to do the same thing. Both cars (2014 P85, 2016 P100D) are on 8.0. Neither one had any problems before this afternoon. Anyone else seeing this? We've both had 8-10 reboots in the past hour.

Yes, this just started happening to me. Rebooted at least 7 times in an hour, just now. This never happened before. Very strange. :(

It happened about a year ago. Was fixed after about 30 minutes or so. This time it seems to be lasting much longer as people have been saying it started happening earlier. But I suspect the "differences" in the reports has been time zone differences, not that it has been going on for hours.

Reactions: fallen888
In software development often, unhandled exceptions (such as due to invalid or corrupt data) will crash an app (or system). I was hoping Tesla was not taking this approach and will take better countermeasures in future updates to handle such erroneous events.

We will have to wait and see, I agree it likely has to do with new map data (such as newly activated SpCs) that for one reason or another cannot be processed correctly by the current 8.0 system.

I expect one or two hotfixes in the coming weeks to address the glitches people are encountering with 8.0

My December 2015 Model S running 8.0 started doing the spontaneous re-boot thing today. Twice in 30 minutes while driving, with one 5-minute session parked in the middle of that time period. Is anyone else experiencing this today (and so I could then assume it is a fleet issue and not something I have to chase down with Tesla service)?