Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla unlocking battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard through the grapevine that the MS's with 75kwh batteries that are software limited to 60 are being opened up by Tesla to facilitate hurricane evacuations. Has anyone confirmed that this happened? I have a MS60 made in Sept 2014 and the extra capacity hasn't shown up for me... Just curious if my car had the 75kw battery and I could pay them to keep the extra range. Alas, if it has been unlocked and I don't see it, I guess my car isn't one of the 75kwh cars.

Depends on the battery in the car. I think a 2014 S60 simply has a 60kWh battery. It was the newer refresh ones that software locked the larger battery.

There is a sticker on the battery by the front passenger wheel that (if it is still there) would tell the actual battery size.

Not sure that Tesla gets all the credit it deserves for doing these humanitarian favors for their customers in dangerous conditions.

Satelite radio does not turn on free service to help drivers get information. Gas stations do not stay open after hours and give away free gasoline. Restaurants do not give free meals and motels do not offer free rooms for evacuees. Stores do not offer free plywood for boarding up endangered houses or offer free bottled water as a health matter. If anything they will try to jack up their rates to take advantage of the bad situation.

Reactions: BurntOC and ai4px
Not sure that Tesla gets all the credit it deserves for doing these humanitarian favors for their customers in dangerous conditions.

Satelite radio does not turn on free service to help drivers get information. Gas stations do not stay open after hours and give away free gasoline. Restaurants do not give free meals and motels do not offer free rooms for evacuees. Stores do not offer free plywood for boarding up endangered houses or offer free bottled water as a health matter. If anything they will try to jack up their rates to take advantage of the bad situation.
Very good points. Wow, and Satelite radio would be a good idea for people trying to leave the coast.