Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla unmatched the MS I ordered stating no other vehicles available. Help needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order on 10/16 for a new inventory MS SR black/black 21” with a VIN.

Was told 7-14+ days for delivery. Inquired about a delivery update and received this reply today.

“I regretfully inform you that appears that the vehicle you had purchased on the inventory site had significant issues and thus was unmatched from your account by my logistic team since it was sent to a vehicle refurb center, I apologize for the inconvenience this is going to cause.

There is currently no other vehicles that are Standard Range Model S's, so the reason for my email is to see if you would want to either move forward with a more expensive Long Range Model S, Model 3, or to submit a cancellation request.

Please let me know what you would like to do, and again, I do apologize.”

how do I handle this one?

Any advice is much appreciated

thanks

Placed my order on 10/16 for a new inventory MS SR black/black 21” with a VIN.

Was told 7-14+ days for delivery. Inquired about a delivery update and received this reply today.

“I regretfully inform you that appears that the vehicle you had purchased on the inventory site had significant issues and thus was unmatched from your account by my logistic team since it was sent to a vehicle refurb center, I apologize for the inconvenience this is going to cause.

There is currently no other vehicles that are Standard Range Model S's, so the reason for my email is to see if you would want to either move forward with a more expensive Long Range Model S, Model 3, or to submit a cancellation request.

Please let me know what you would like to do, and again, I do apologize.”

how do I handle this one?

Any advice is much appreciated

thanks
sounds like the vehicle you wanted had "significant issues" so you should be happy, no? How long is custom order since you are buying new anyway?

I would ask what type of refurb and if a discount is available. Definitely push back and ask for more information and or a discount on a more expensive one.
I Was told there was extensive damage and it would be repaired and listed for resale in their used inventory. They’re offering absolutely no discounts, only matching similar demo vehicles which I would have to fly to and pick up.

they mentioned Tesla is it responsible for making this up to us because the vehicle was “unmatched due to damage”
To order an identically spec’d LR would be $10,990 over the car we ordered.

so disappointed at this point. Our family was really looking forward to this vehicle.

I Was told there was extensive damage and it would be repaired and listed for resale in their used inventory. They’re offering absolutely no discounts, only matching similar demo vehicles which I would have to fly to and pick up.

they mentioned Tesla is it responsible for making this up to us because the vehicle was “unmatched due to damage”
To order an identically spec’d LR would be $10,990 over the car we ordered.

so disappointed at this point. Our family was really looking forward to this vehicle.
I would seek the advice of an attorney. A few hundred for proper advice will go a longer way than forums and if there is a case, it would might be worth your time. They will be able to sift through the small print and your ‘agreement’.

Don’t see why any attorney would want to get involved in this. No real damages apparent...other than to the car you had wanted... so no money in it for them to really pursue. I think a waste of your time and money better spent towards a car.

So I think your best bet is to keep on looking. The MS is a great family car with a lot of space and still fun to drive. Nice ride quality. If you think you can downsize a bit the Model 3 is fun to drive. We have both models. If you think you need more room than the Model 3 and can wait some still, get your order in for a Model Y. Seeing reports of them being tested on the highways already. Anyway that would be my advice.

If the attorney sees merit in pursuing a case (a win against a firm such as Tesla for their books or the client compensating for their time) they will let the client know. The car could be great and have the ability to fly for all I care but an agreement was not fulfilled on one end and that is the issue. If the attorney charged $10,990 to win the case vs paying $10,990 extra for the agreed upon car I would pay the attorney. Large companies need to be more accountable.