Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla unwilling to advise maximum battery % on CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A large amount of users do not sit in the ‘average band’
Even in your link there is an example at 75%

That's exactly what the "average band" means, the majority of users. The majority of users lose less than 10% after 300,000km (which no CPO is even at that mileage anyways).

But Ah yes, because of the one outlier outside the normal mean, you don't want to buy a used car.

Well have fun. Hope you find what you're looking for.

That's exactly what the "average band" means, the majority of users. The majority of users lose less than 10% after 300,000km (which no CPO is even at that mileage anyways).

But Ah yes, because of the one outlier outside the normal mean, you don't want to buy a used car.
Nah, just want to make an informed decision rather than be wilfully ignorant

Reactions: dhanson865
Thanks for your call today. I have confirmed that we do not release the battery state of charge to customers before receiving a deposit, however I can assure you that every used Tesla vehicle has passed a 200+ point inspection including a health check on the battery before being listed for sale.

In addition, all Certified Used Teslas come with the remaining balance of the 8-year, unlimited kilometre warranty on the battery and drivetrain.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thoughts?
Don't worry about the battery, they last forever.
Mine's gone from 379km to 371km in 2 years and 75,000km.
That's about 5 miles range lost after driving about 50,000 miles.

Reactions: Nick B
1) I, and many others, asked for and we’re refused access to the inspection report, even after delivery! I couldn’t even get a blank copy of the 200 point inspection to see what they do.

2). I believe the “200 point” inspection doesn’t exist anymore, with the end of the CPO program. Just a “75 point mechanical inspection”. Read the Tesla used car page, I think it says it there.

Don't worry about the battery, they last forever.
Mine's gone from 379km to 371km in 2 years and 75,000km.
That's about 5 miles range lost after driving about 50,000 miles.

I have a P85 (2014) and have had similar degradation. Full charge went from 415 km when I got the car at 38 000kms (bought CPO 2 years ago) and today full charge is at 405km with 125 000kms. That's a 10 km lost in around 87 000kms. Really not a lot to worry about. I charge daily to 90% and don't supercharge often (a few times each year).

They can tell it by looking at the diagnostics screen. Here is an example of how that looks

And they will apparently tell it to you, once you put down the non refundable deposit.

I remember a time when Tesla said they wanted to improve on the dealership experience. IMO the new car buying process is an improvement, but the CPO treatment is more sleazy used car dealer, than an improvement over the regular CPO process at car dealerships.

No pictures, they often aren't cleaned, no information before you give them money...

Lucky for Tesla, that their cars are so popular. Otherwise they would be sitting on a big pile of CPOs.
Thanks mate.
I doubt that they are willing to go this far.
What about if a photo of the dashboard is taken - will it show the charge percentage & estimated range in the same photo?
I was thinking of getting them to do this & compare it to what a brand new one would get

He’s made several idiotic statements in this thread.
Fan-boyesque
I like the car but what I don’t like is they are trying to hide something when it comes to battery degradation.
Just because the car is currently ahead of the pack and I also admire Musk’s vision does not mean I’d be a blind follower.

All of them (Tesla) sounded like they read from a standard script.
They even argued with me that my range is dependent of the way I drive and I had to constantly correct them that my problem is the rated range when fully charged.

I am exploring all legal venues to get to the bottom of this.

Not one guy.

Look deeper.

Do your 3rd party sources revealed people with NDA?

Nope. but do a poll here in the TMC. I'd wager less than 5% of owners experience what you're experiencing. I once had a Mercedes Benz that had 2 failed automatic transmissions within 5 years. Does that mean Mercedes has a systematic conspiracy where they make cars with faulty transmissions?

Calling someone a fanboy because they dont buy into the line that Tesla sucks is just further proof someone doesn't know how to have a constructive discussion and shows the maturity level of some people here. Most of the people on the TMC that have thrown personal attacks at me don't even own Teslas, ironically.

Nope. but do a poll here in the TMC. I'd wager less than 5% of owners experience what you're experiencing. I once had a Mercedes Benz that had 2 failed automatic transmissions within 5 years. Does that mean Mercedes has a systematic conspiracy where they make cars with faulty transmissions?

Calling someone a fanboy because they dont buy into the line that Tesla sucks is just further proof someone doesn't know how to have a constructive discussion and shows the maturity level of some people here. Most of the people on the TMC that have thrown personal attacks at me don't even own Teslas, ironically.
Your original claim has been shot down by 3 separate posts of 3 separate instances
Yet you double down with revisionism
Hi Donald!

Reactions: dhanson865