TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Update 2019.40.50.7

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Shan, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Shan

Shan New Member

Wonder what goodies we have.
    Hopefully more than bug fixes

Attached Files:

2. bayx

bayx Member

Hope they can fix the issues that came with 50.5 for me like the freaking voice command!

3. Soey22

Soey22 Member

I have 50.7 and voice commands are completely broken on wifi and LTE. Never actually worked for me on any of the new releases with my MX P Raven

4. SDRick

SDRick Active Member

Same rere with S Raven.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Seems to be all the versions since 40.50.1 are tests since none are full rollouts yet. Some look like S/X Raven only... I’m waiting for something for MCU 1 S/X.... :D

Voice commands work well here on my 3, wonder what the variation is there...

• Like x 3
  6. Kingira

Kingira New Member

I,too have the problem. Then I got an update yesterday which fix NOTHING!!

7. SDRick

SDRick Active Member

I believe the problem with voice commands on model X and model S was a change in protocol with the microphone button. Apparently initiating a voice command is now done with one tap of the microphone button not two. Once I tried that, all is good again!

I am surprised that this change was not highlighted in the release notes in the latest updates.

• Informative x 1
  8. bayx

bayx Member

Interesting, will try it and report back. Anyone else tried this?

9. Hillco EV

Hillco EV Member

TESLA MODEL S: I am considering purchasing a pre-owned 2013 Model S, Question: Tesla Warranty?
    Is the Warranty Transferred to me - I am buying the Model S from a private individual. What about the
    USED VEHICLE WARRANTY touted by Tesla? How do I obtain that Warranty?

• Disagree x 2
  10. Chris350

Chris350 Member

What does this have to do with the new update?

• Like x 3
  11. Hillco EV

Hillco EV Member

Sorry. Wrong posting.

12. Pstrombo

Pstrombo Member

I'm surprised that for all the problems with the latest upgrades concerning voice commands, texting, etc. that there are not responses from Tesla explaining how and when things will be fixed.

• Funny x 1
  13. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

Tesla never responds to anything here (probably by policy). You need to look at the official Tesla blog for any company comments

14. NoBeard

NoBeard Member

Currently upgrading from 40.2.1 so will be our first look at the new voice commands.
    Of course, that will be after my ranger visit today when he'll be installing the replacement button on the steering wheel.
    Looking forward to Text integration!

15. Vitaman

Vitaman Supporting Member

Picked up a new Model X 10 days ago and it had the most aggressive (and wonderful) brake regeneration I have ever experienced.
    Somewhere in the 2 updates I've gotten since delivery, it's reverted to "normal". Hate that I lost it. All settings remain the same.
    Anyone else experience this?
    Version is 40.50.1

16. Corbets

Corbets Member

Is it cold in Georgia? Your energy consumption graph will indicate a different view, showing a hard limit for the battery regen portion, if the battery hasn’t warmed up enough yet.

17. gerritkr

gerritkr New Member

Hi, 2019.40.50.7 still troubles with voice commands.

18. docskeet

docskeet Member

FWIW I am finding voice commands are better with 2019.40.50.7. I think they’re working out the bugs.

19. lynnpt2001

lynnpt2001 Cookie Monster MX & M3

Still sways on the highway using Auto Pilot. How can they keep breaking this?

20. DoctorVenkman

DoctorVenkman Member

I think 40.50.1 was the update where they increased the temperature at which regen-capping happens. Regen capping is basically Tesla protecting the battery when it is cold by limiting the amount of charge you can get from regenerative braking. The cap will slowly increase as the battery warms up until it goes away completely. Here are some roughly correct (made up based on my personal experience) numbers to illustrate:

Battery @20F: No regen
    Battery @32F: 25% regen
    Battery @50F: 50% regen
    Battery @65F: 75% regen
    Battery @75F: 100% regen

Previously the 100% threshold was somewhere around 50 degrees F, and now it's a fair bit higher somewhere in the 70 degree range. I can tell this from experience since I live in Southern California where it rarely gets below 50 degrees. Last winter I almost never had regenerative braking limited, and when I did it would go away quickly. This winter I have had regen limited every morning even when ambient temps are 55-60F, and it takes much longer for regen to come back to 100%.

• Informative x 2