Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Update 2019.40.50.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder what goodies we have.
Hopefully more than bug fixes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 243
I believe the problem with voice commands on model X and model S was a change in protocol with the microphone button. Apparently initiating a voice command is now done with one tap of the microphone button not two. Once I tried that, all is good again!

I am surprised that this change was not highlighted in the release notes in the latest updates.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I believe the problem with voice commands on model X and model S was a change in protocol with the microphone button. Apparently initiating a voice command is now done with one tap of the microphone button not two. Once I tried that, all is good again!

I am surprised that this change was not highlighted in the release notes in the latest updates.

Interesting, will try it and report back. Anyone else tried this?

Currently upgrading from 40.2.1 so will be our first look at the new voice commands.
Of course, that will be after my ranger visit today when he'll be installing the replacement button on the steering wheel.
Looking forward to Text integration!

Picked up a new Model X 10 days ago and it had the most aggressive (and wonderful) brake regeneration I have ever experienced.
Somewhere in the 2 updates I've gotten since delivery, it's reverted to "normal". Hate that I lost it. All settings remain the same.
Anyone else experience this?
Version is 40.50.1

Picked up a new Model X 10 days ago and it had the most aggressive (and wonderful) brake regeneration I have ever experienced.
Somewhere in the 2 updates I've gotten since delivery, it's reverted to "normal". Hate that I lost it. All settings remain the same.
Version is 40.50.1

Is it cold in Georgia? Your energy consumption graph will indicate a different view, showing a hard limit for the battery regen portion, if the battery hasn’t warmed up enough yet.

Version is 40.50.1

I think 40.50.1 was the update where they increased the temperature at which regen-capping happens. Regen capping is basically Tesla protecting the battery when it is cold by limiting the amount of charge you can get from regenerative braking. The cap will slowly increase as the battery warms up until it goes away completely. Here are some roughly correct (made up based on my personal experience) numbers to illustrate:

Battery @20F: No regen
Battery @32F: 25% regen
Battery @50F: 50% regen
Battery @65F: 75% regen
Battery @75F: 100% regen

Previously the 100% threshold was somewhere around 50 degrees F, and now it's a fair bit higher somewhere in the 70 degree range. I can tell this from experience since I live in Southern California where it rarely gets below 50 degrees. Last winter I almost never had regenerative braking limited, and when I did it would go away quickly. This winter I have had regen limited every morning even when ambient temps are 55-60F, and it takes much longer for regen to come back to 100%.

• Informative
Reactions: Nilnoc and Kmartyn