Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Update 2021.44.25.2 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First I really hate this update. Everything is a menu level deeper, and that menu "controls" blocks the screen. Want to open the garage door? Now I have to stop the car, pull up the controls menu (by pressing the homelink) and then activate the button, then press the camera button to see the cameras again to see if it worked and to finish backing into my driveway. It used to be a single button push that did not force me to stop the car. Is this some kind holiday joke? Can the service center revert me back to a previous version?

There are other things I do not like as well.

But the big problem is that I had about 80% charge on my M3P had 220+ miles when I left the house and drove around 92 miles. When I returned home I had about 50 miles left with a low battery warning. Whats up with that?

It’s easy to miss, but the HomeLink icon appears on the visualization side of the touchscreen, so you don’t have to open Controls to access that.

In the past, the service hasn’t downgraded people to a previous build, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. However, if they do that, you won’t be able to get any further updates without the new UI.

Haven’t driven enough since updating to notice a drop in range, but will look out for it.

Are you able to replicate the mileage do under different conditions (i.e. HVAC on vs HVAC off, rerun the exact drive path,etc.).

You should have to replicate the issue before you can the it to a possible software bug.

Ugh. I hate it so much. I'm literally thinking about opening a support ticket to see if they'll downgrade. What really sucks is they've added customization to the bottom tray, but if they had just added stuff people use every day like defrost, seat heater controls, TPS and wipers "most" people would be happy. Who needs a "Tidal" button on the front screen??? Also, why is the blind spot camera settings in auto pilot?? Wouldn't that be "Safety". What in the world?!? Also, now my Model 3 barks for seatbelts when my car is in PARK and I am existing the car. LOL.

Add me to not liking v11 either. I liked my one click heated seats as half the time that’s all I need without HVAC. Now I can’t turn on my heated seats without first triggering HVAC. The swipe able cards with energy consumption and tire pressure are also gone. Wiper control is also multi menus deep now, why????

About the only thing I like is blind spot cameras.

Agree it should allow you to put more than four icons in the bottom. And it would be great to be able to get rid of the whole recent apps section (not useful and takes up space). Agree need a wiper button on main screen.

Also remote dash cam in Sentry mode doesn't seem to work for me on iPhone app. Just endless spinning wheel, but no camera feed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sporty
"me too" for;
  • Really missing the swipeable cards which weren't cluttering anything at all.
  • Seriously missing one touch defrost!
  • Hating that the homelink shortcut (at the TOP of the screen) summons the full page Controls screen.
  • It would be nice if the camera on turn signal could be moved to the top left of the screen - it's way below normal line of sight for any sort of manoeuver...
  • Camera on signal option really should be under safety - it's bugger all to do with autopilot from a consumer's perspective.
  • No apparent way to bring up the HVAC shortcuts without making a temperature change.
  • The compass is now missing on navigation until I touch the screen.
  • It would be nice to have automatic mode for the rear seat heaters - it seems to work pretty well on the fronts.
I get the desire to declutter but it really wasnt cluttered to begin with and the number one principle for UI design is to make it easy for users to get things done by clearly presenting information they need and letting them do what they need with the fewest possible interactions.

This is a step backward so hopefully it's more modular behind the scenes and I'm looking forward to seeing more customization - including customizable dats cards - in future releases.

Last edited:
Worst upgrade in 3 years of ownership BY FAR. I was really pissed when the shrunk the map and backup camera to make the animation on the left bigger about a year ago. Still waiting for a user-adjustable screen ratio. I can see how that change might make sense for people who don't use the map much or spend all their time on multi-lane freeways, so I try not to stew about it, but it does still piss me off.

But this upgrade makes no sense and is just plain worse in every way.

-wipers 2 menus deep
-seat heaters 2 menus deep
-defrost and recirc controls 2 menus deep
-streaming music 2 menus deep and doesn't get along with terrestrial radio. If you're scrolling through your radio presets using the steering wheel button, reach the last terrestrial preset and continue switching channels, it will take you to your first streaming radio station, but at that point, the steering wheel button will no longer scroll through channels and instead moves to the next song. Impossible to change channels again without going back into a menu.
-Everything harder to find

Tesla UI head designer coming back from vacation
community-chaos.gif

But this upgrade makes no sense and is just plain worse in every way.

-wipers 2 menus deep
-seat heaters 2 menus deep
-defrost and recirc controls 2 menus deep
-streaming music 2 menus deep and doesn't get along with terrestrial radio. If you're scrolling through your radio presets using the steering wheel button, reach the last terrestrial preset and continue switching channels, it will take you to your first streaming radio station, but at that point, the steering wheel button will no longer scroll through channels and instead moves to the next song. Impossible to change channels again without going back into a menu.
-Everything harder to find

With efficiency being such a critical EV thing, I don't know why the trip meter was buried. The energy gauge isn't useful in a pinch either since it covers up the ENTIRE MAP...

Reactions: Scelto
Tesla does not downgrade software as a general policy.

Unfortunately, they definitely will not consider aesthetic UI complaints as a legitimate reason to keep your ticket open. You should voice your concerns, but only time will tell how much it will affect any change.

Keep in mind that all of our opinions about this update is just that. Subjective opinions that will vary from user to user. I personally have no complaints about this new UI. However, it is likely because I have not had my car long enough to get attached to the older UI.

Statisctally, Tesla will likely see a larger percentage increase of new owners in the next few years as opposed to the past few years. We see that already since the launch of the M3s and MYs. Which means that complaints that compares new changes with older UI design features will be tossed in the nostalgia comment box that represent the voice of the new minority. New owners will not have any references to features of the past to complain about. They will undoubtedly become the new majority and will like be amazed at what they see at the time of ownership. So Tesla UI engineers will probably bend their design decisions towards the opinions of the new majority.

Reactions: Scelto and SPACE_EX