Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Update 2021.44.25.2 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I downloaded the new software yesterday. Ever since, i do not know how to get back to the original bottom tool bar with the icons, left to right, starting with the car and then music, etc.

In the middle of the tool bar, i see secondary apps, such as games, calendar, etc..

Any insight would be appreciated.

It's been a few days since v11, i.e. 2021.44.25.2 update, has been available, yet the Owner's Manual does NOT reflect any of the UI changes. With all the significant changes, it certainly would have been helpful to have the Owner's Manual updated to reflect all the changes.
I noticed that too. With the mass push of V11 and the ostensibly significant differences between old and new, you'd think they would have launched an updated manual.

Wouldn't you know my X's Homelink wouldn't work on our guard gate today. The GPS worked fine, the signal automatically triggered (and I triggered it manually a few times), it looked like it was working correctly per the display but the gate didn't open. I tried it on both gates. When I have time I'll try a reset or reprogram it. Still works fine with the garage door. It did work once the first time after the 2021.44.25.2 update. The 3 has been working fine about three times a day for three days now, the latest after the X's failure.

There's no easy way to enable Sentry mode from the screen either. There used to be a single button at the top of the map next to the dashcam feature, both of which seem to be gone now. Major pain living in NYC when I often have to park on street and want to enable Sentry mode just before I exit vehicle. I ended up enabling it through the app as I left the car and when I came back 90 minutes later there was 88 sentry events. Something bugged on the car and it recorded an event every minute I was away from the vehicle...and now I have to individually delete every event from the clunky UI. How have they not implemented a "select all" option to delete all events yet?
You can delete all events now. One of the few useful new features.

Go to Controls > Safety > Dashcam > Delete Dashcam Clips to delete all dashcam and sentry events.

• Informative
Reactions: Sporty and danarcha
Our car seemed to have a lobotomy…lost all autopilot functionality, to include auto sense windshield wipers (had to hit the stalk to get the wipers selection to show up and then select a speed manually). Thankfully everything was fixed after service pushed an update to us.

While I understand change is difficult, I’m honestly a little surprised at the uproar over this given the car is pretty much a computer. Seems some didn’t fully realize what it means to own a computerized car? My guess is things are only going to continue to change, so hold on tight.

• Disagree
Reactions: ContrarianDC
While I understand change is difficult, I’m honestly a little surprised at the uproar over this given the car is pretty much a computer. Seems some didn’t fully realize what it means to own a computerized car? My guess is things are only going to continue to change, so hold on tight.

I think the community, with its history of eagerness for updates, is quite comfortable with the concept. It’s when the utility of the update is questionable…that’s when people get ticked.

Yes, change is hard but honestly these “changes” this time do not seem to yield direct improvements NOW, nor do they seem to lay the foundation for improvements later… so when this “return” is weighed against the extra inefficiency of using the new interface, the value of the change seems negative.

"me too" for;
  • Really missing the swipeable cards which weren't cluttering anything at all.
  • Seriously missing one touch defrost!
  • Hating that the homelink shortcut (at the TOP of the screen) summons the full page Controls screen.
  • It would be nice if the camera on turn signal could be moved to the top left of the screen - it's way below normal line of sight for any sort of manoeuver...
  • Camera on signal option really should be under safety - it's bugger all to do with autopilot from a consumer's perspective.
  • No apparent way to bring up the HVAC shortcuts without making a temperature change.
  • The compass is now missing on navigation until I touch the screen.
  • It would be nice to have automatic mode for the rear seat heaters - it seems to work pretty well on the fronts.
I get the desire to declutter but it really wasnt cluttered to begin with and the number one principle for UI design is to make it easy for users to get things done by clearly presenting information they need and letting them do what they need with the fewest possible interactions.

This is a step backward so hopefully it's more modular behind the scenes and I'm looking forward to seeing more customization - including customizable dats cards - in future releases.
Swipable cards, now I have only the trip screen which overlaps the navigation... really stupid upgrade.
Wipers are very slow to start with rain, pressing the button I had in my previous ICE car too, the screen is one of the things I bought the M3 for... Stupid change.
Driver selection is two buttons away.
Also my connectivity is not working... Trying to use WiFi it states that WiFi will start when I start when I start driving... Which is stupid. When driving I do no stay in range of my WiFi...

All the energy put into stupid games nobody, but your kids play is not what I bought my car for. Useless and waste of time and money!
@ElonMusk: Please revert to improving driving experience instead of focussing on functions you can only use when not driving!

Reactions: drdumont and Scelto
this is one vendor's take on 'change'.

that does not equal the whole industry.

elon's style is ... uhm ... unique.

I would not expect other vendors to play things fast and loose like this. I really would not. other vendors dont actually think that highly of tesla, when it comes to these things. essentially a 'rolls eyes' feel when we hear of tesla pulling yet another fast one on its customer base.

no, OTA updates are not inherently evil. if the programmers are told to do bad things, you get a bad update. not every company is going to be run like this (thanks $DEITY, too; we already one too many egomaniacs running a car company)

this is one vendor's take on 'change'.

that does not equal the whole industry.

elon's style is ... uhm ... unique.

I would not expect other vendors to play things fast and loose like this. I really would not. other vendors dont actually think that highly of tesla, when it comes to these things. essentially a 'rolls eyes' feel when we hear of tesla pulling yet another fast one on its customer base.

no, OTA updates are not inherently evil. if the programmers are told to do bad things, you get a bad update. not every company is going to be run like this (thanks $DEITY, too; we already one too many egomaniacs running a car company)
I can see your point. The whole software update of cars is so new, which makes it interesting times. It’s one thing to have to adapt to a new interface on a phone/mobile device; quite a different thing if it’s a car and your life depends on it.

I wonder if Tesla factors in people change management to their update approach or if it’s truly a wild West approach. We have the luxury of having choices and being able to complain but I do wonder about the future given our climate crisis, etc… if we won’t someday just have to quickly (or quicker) adapt to changes and find a way to take what we get. Even the grocery stores are moving the contents of aisles around so we stay stimulated…. Also got to love the browser address window in the new iPhone now being at the bottom of the screen. I was saying wtf for weeks, but now it’s fine.

Here's what I'm having a big issue with...

1: After putting the car in park it doesn't actually do anything. I can open the door and the seat and steering wheel don't move. Can't open the trunk or do anything for about 15 seconds till the screen does a quick reboot.

2: While driving the cabin heating system failed. I couldn't get it to work again till I went to safety and powered off the car for a couple of minutes.

3: Yes everything that I loved on the main screen is now buried and it's even harder to do thongs when your driving, terrible mistake on their part.

4: The music clicks and pops all the time now. The screen will freeze all the time and it doesn't update the song that's playing for about 20 seconds into the next one. Of course the Spotify experience in the car has been total *sugar* since I got the car, I can't believe it could get worse...

The download seems to have failed on my M3P. It started 3 days ago and stopped within an hour or so when it reached 40% on the app (the progress bar in the car had reached a similar point). There it stayed until today when I rebooted the screen in the car. The car now claims to no longer be downloading anything and to be up to date, despite having the 2021.44.6 software installed, but the app shows the 2021.25.2 update to still be downloading and with the download stuck at 40%. I also tried powering off and on again but this had no effect.

Any ideas?

The download seems to have failed on my M3P. It started 3 days ago and stopped within an hour or so when it reached 40% on the app (the progress bar in the car had reached a similar point). There it stayed until today when I rebooted the screen in the car. The car now claims to no longer be downloading anything and to be up to date, despite having the 2021.44.6 software installed, but the app shows the 2021.25.2 update to still be downloading and with the download stuck at 40%. I also tried powering off and on again but this had no effect.

Any ideas?
Do you have the new interface? Any functionality missing? I had issues with the download freezing at 50% 0KB/sec showing…sat like this for 30 or so minutes and then picked back up. The install then hung up as well resulting for like another 20 or so mins and finished but then while we had the updated interface, all auto pilot functionality was gone. Not sure if hiccup in Wi-Fi or what. We put in a service request and were pushed a new update to fix it all.

I wonder if Tesla factors in people change management to their update approach or if it’s truly a wild West approach. We have the luxury of having choices and being able to complain but I do wonder about the future given our climate crisis, etc… if we won’t someday just have to quickly (or quicker) adapt to changes and find a way to take what we get. Even the grocery stores are moving the contents of aisles around so we stay stimulated…. Also got to love the browser address window in the new iPhone now being at the bottom of the screen. I was saying wtf for weeks, but now it’s fine.

This is not the same as the grocery store moving items around. That’s THEIR property, and they choose what to sell (or not) and how to manage pricing, positioning, and promotion (the classic 3 P’s of marketing).

This is about how people’s car works - something they pay for (own or lease, etc). It’d be like the water company coming in and changing how the hot water heater in your house works. 🤔